Who is watching Grey's Anatomy right now?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can anyone tell me why Meredith is in the hospital? I must have missed something, I have no idea why she is laid up.

Anyone?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week her father was admitted to the hospital in need of a liver transplant.

Lexi wasn't a match, and he would have died without a transplant. So while Meredith doesn't like her father, she gave part of her liver because she didn't want Lexi to go through the death of "her" father.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The real reason is because the actress was very pregnant while they were filming, so having her laid up in bed was a better solution than having her actually get pregnant on the show.

Interesting way to write Katherine Heigl out of the show!
I sure didn't see that one coming!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

The real reason is because the actress was very pregnant while they were filming, so having her laid up in bed was a better solution than having her actually get pregnant on the show.

With all the complaining and carping she has done about the show, I'm surprised it took so long. It will be interesting to see what happens with Sandra Oh - that's not looking so good.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

This was announced last month. She has a newborn now and is on “maternity leaveâ€. Sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s coming back.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

With all the complaining and carping she has done about the show, I'm surprised it took so long. It will be interesting to see what happens with Sandra Oh - that's not looking so good.
I just read that she is taking a leave of absence to shoot a movie, she's supposed to come back.

Originally Posted by BABZ

This was announced last month. She has a newborn now and is on “maternity leave”. She’s coming back.
Katherine Heigl isn't pregnant, Ellen Pomeo is/was...I haven't heard if she had the baby yet.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Katherine Heigl isn't pregnant, Ellen Pomeo is/was...I haven't heard if she had the baby yet.
The reason I put it in quotes is because her and her husband adopted a little girl last month. Shondra Rimes (spelling) anounced that she was allowing her to take maternity leave. She is still under contract and is coming back.

Also, Ellen did have her baby.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH! I don't keep up on the gossip. LoL
I missed last night's show. I have to find time to watch online.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Izzy is written out for sure? I thought that she was going to be staying on the show. I know she had asked to be written out but then changed her mind and decided that she wanted to stay on after all and that they were obliging.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No. She is coming back. She's spending time with her new baby and trying to shoot a movie. Then she'll be back. She is still under contract and still getting paid while out on maternity leave, but as of right now she will be back.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heigl should be coming back, she is making a movie right now and that's why she won't be around much of this season.