What the heck is THAT?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ummm... Today IS October 15 right?

What is this doing here - now - and STICKING?
Accumulating? OK - it won't stay long... (I hope!). But so many of the leaves on the trees are still GREEN!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I know. My mom called me on her way home from Connecticut, and she was saying it was snowing there. I'm SO not ready for it either!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I KNOW!
You can kinda see that most of the woods behind us are still green and haven't changed yet! This is horrible! I was still adusting to the loss of summer, let alone - hiccup - fall!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're supposed to get some of that "mold" here tomorrow

Something tells me, its gonna be a white Halloween

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Since it is waaay too early for snow, then I would say that you have a mold problem
Maybe I'm through the looking glass.... or in the twilight zone?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The sarcastic joke here is that spring arrived in early June this year, following by summer in late June, then we jumped to fall in July, August and September, and we are already in winter.

Does this mean that spring will arrive in January?

Laurie - I remember a snow that we had in mid October about 13 years ago. The trees had all of their leaves and we got 6 inches of heavy wet snow that afternoon. During the 3 hour drive home from work, I was praying that the branches that were breaking and falling on the cars stuck in traffic around me wouldn't hit my car. October snows are freakish in our part of the world.

Stay warm and safe!!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im in central PA and my car is COVERED in that icky stuff!!!! But I did get some pretty pictures I will upload and post...Even one of my handsome devil dog in his pretty sweater that matches his spots!!! Argh Im not ready for winter!!! But if it sticks and keeps up all day I can call off work!! LOL!!!!!! Maybe I will get that second day off!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had snow here for a while already. It looks like it's the middle of November. But I'm used to it. After all, Canada doesn't have the seasons that the rest of the world has. We have almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You folks in the US can just keep that snow for a while longer yet. We've had cooler than normal temperatures but certainly not cold yet and next week is supposed to go back up into double digits as per the norm. In our area we had some frost a couple of mornings but that's it so far.

The worst thing I find is the drivers that are not anyway prepared for driving in snow. The first day of a snowstorm there are so many accidents. I guess they forget how to drive over the spring/summer/fall season. Perhaps that would be a good business to go into when I retire - refreshing folks on how to drive in winter.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

We've had snow here for a while already. It looks like it's the middle of November. But I'm used to it. After all, Canada doesn't have the seasons that the rest of the world has. We have almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.
Oh Gary loved that one! But it sure is beautiful - and we LOVE Canada during "road construction."

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh - BTW - there is still snow on the ground, and it's supposed to snow again.

Amy - we didn't have much of Spring this year. It went pretty much directly from Winter to Summer. Looks like we're gonna skip fall as well, and go directly from Summer back to Winter. If I'm going to have to deal with Winter, I WANT ALL FOUR SEASONS!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will I get virtual shoes and books and rotten fruit and whatnot thrown at me if I tell you it's 84 degrees here now?

Days like this and reading about east coast weather remind me of why i moved to SoCal 2.5 years ago...

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Ummm... Today IS October 15 right?

What is this doing here - now - and STICKING?
Accumulating? OK - it won't stay long... (I hope!). But so many of the leaves on the trees are still GREEN!
I think that is called global warming