How to clean a hairy bottom?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok the title may sound silly, but what happend last night was not. Isaac had a semi loose stool. So a lot of it got hung up in the hair on his hinder. I was working on litter boxes then noticed he got some on the carpet. It stuck to his hair. The reason for the soft stool became apparent when I saw the piece of popsicle wraper also caught in his hair. That cat has a strange obsession with any plastic wrapper that has had food in it & yes he obviously does eat them. I did my best to clean him up & had to cut a bunch of hair out because I just couldn't stand it. He had a sanitary about 2 months ago. It may be time for another shave, but I don't have any time until late next week. So my question is, how do people clean their hairy rump kitties when this happens? I'm afraid there is no way he would let me put him in the bath. I struggled just to cut the hair.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do a "butt bath" in the kitchen sink..... (my kitties don't like the bathtub)...

or

if its semi dry, I try to work it out with a comb.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I do a "butt bath" in the kitchen sink..... (my kitties don't like the bathtub)...

or

if its semi dry, I try to work it out with a comb.
You might try this. I've had to do the "butt bath" on a few different cats. With my experience, some hated the bathtub, but didn't mind the sink so much. Then with some that still wanted to claw my eyes out I put a screen in the sink so they had something to grab onto and this really helped. Other than that a comb or they make wipes for this issue that helps work the poo out.

bb_scallop

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep, I've had to do the butt bath many times. If the cat won't tolerate it and the situation is relatively small, you might be able to get away with using a warm, wet washcloth instead of a full-on dunk.