Question of the Day: Thurs. Oct. 13

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry, I woke up late.

If you look out the window closest to you, what do you see?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the buildings east of my street, making up the NYC skyline, with the Empire State Building being the tallest. (I'm on the 23rd floor.....I have a great view.)

I've always had a great view of the Empire State Building.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nanner, that sounds like an awesome view!
I have rooftops, a huge maple tree and a few big pines. It's great for the cats as there are so many birds and squirrels using those trees.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Ari is not in the way - bird feeders, a concrete cat statue, oak tree, a van, a truck, a motorhome, a sedan, and Sis's house.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm right in my dining room window, so the fence, a giant buckthorn (weed that looks like a tree), a miniature honey suckle, a lilac bush, a couple cedar trees, some hostas, the resting places of pink & buster. It's a very peacefull little corner of our backyard

The one thing that is there that isn't normally is my horse's winter blanket!!! I put it out 3 weeks ago to get rained on and clean off a bit, and it hasn't stoped raining long enough to dry out
. We got our first few spots of snow yesterday so I'm really hoping for a couple nice fall days so I can get it in & folded!!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Outside my front window, I see part of my front porch. On my front porch, I see one of my terra-cotta colored square plastic planters filled with the brave remnants of the summer's inpatients. The forest green iron pipe hand railing glistens with the morning rain and is decorated with hanging water droplets that shine like diamonds dripping off of some wealthy foreign queen. Beyond the porch is a short expanse of wet grass dotted with the first colorful leaves of fall. There is a quince that is bravely trying to hold onto its leaves as a regiment of bright red salvia surrounds it like soldiers trying to subdue a giant monster. The wet street holds onto the maple leaves covering it like a small child clutching a blanket. On the other side of the street stands a house. It is a rather serious looking house. The dirty white paint is just beginning to peel and unkempt yard tell me that the house has seen happier days. The bright yellow leaves of the Norwegian Maple help to hide the long grass and make the house look cheerful.

Sorry, I am really bored

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor's front porch and flowering pear tree. the tops of my barberry bushes that really need to be cut back again, and beyond that the houses across the street.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my lower deck, backyard, the back of the house on the next road...

Here's the easier way:

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a view of the back garden...I can mostly see the back fence, which is overflowing with a blackberry bush. Apart from that there is the greenhouse and a small washing line.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I look out my patio door, I see a parking lot and a bunch of trees. I live in a ground floor apartment so I don't have a view of anything other than the parking lot. It's the same view out my bedroom windows too.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At work: other buildings. But my desk is nowhere near the window.

At home: Same view from both bedroom and living room; the retaining wall of the apartment building as well as the dead end part of the street I live on, and the gate to the open space area. Occasionally, I'll see a few of the ferals and strays go by.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the summer view out the passenger-side windows:

Summer view out the front window:

Summer view out the driver's side windows:

The cats love watching the groundhogs, squirrels and birds!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nekkid poplar tree, a not quite nekkid chokecherry, the barn and lots of snow - both falling and already on the ground amd one pathetic looking fly between the screen and the window. Out the other windows, more of the same - nekkid or partly nekikid trees and snow. East window has a different view - work shop, bins, the tractor with 3 cats sitting in it (window open now that it isn't -10°C) and more trees and more snow.

The snow can stop any time as it is snow on a thin layer of slush on mud, not safest walking conditions.

Forgot to add.......beyond the trees and buildings, nothing but lovely wide open spaces which are much nicer to look at than buildings and traffic