will a dog dish work for my cat??

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat is over-eating. Until i take him to a new vet - he is currently on hills cd for a crystal issue.

When i feed him - he eats it all immediately. I try to feed him in small doses but he just wants more and will beg.

Would a anti-blot dish for a dog work for a cat??? I dont know that a cat could use it with having a smaller head. Are there any dishes for cats that prevent fast eating/over eating?

thanks

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I don't see why a cat couldn't use a no-bolt dog bowl, but you could just as easily add clean ping pong balls to your cat's regular bowl to achieve the same effect. Another thing you could try is putting the food in a treat ball.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THANKS!

I was told by petsmart that such toys didnt exist for cats. I bought something for a small dog - but my cat didnt get it and just walked away.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by m935

THANKS!

I was told by petsmart that such toys didnt exist for cats. I bought something for a small dog - but my cat didnt get it and just walked away.
Sometimes you have to go to the smaller chains or individual pet stores to find them.

I couldn't find any at petsmart or petco but they were all over at Pet Supplies Plus.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a bowl for small animals found at PetsMart. It's smaller in diameter so I don't have to feed my kitty as much. She freaks if she can see the bottom of the bowl. I used to put clean marbles in her bowl to help slow her down so she wouldn't toss it up immediately.

silverstone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

add clean ping pong balls to your cat's regular bowl to achieve the same effect.
Great idea...wish I had thought of that years ago. Had a cat that would gorge himself as soon as he came in and immediately have it come back up.