Men just crack me up!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No offense to any males here, but you guys are just too funny! Now, believe me, I'm one of the LEAST anal people when it comes to my house and everything in it's place. But, at least I do know where everything should go...even if it takes me a few days (or a week)
to actually move it there. DH apparently doesn't realize that we have cabinets and cupboards for a reason

Our big "clutter" place is the bar in the kitchen. It's kind of a work station/breakfast nook but it's never really clean enough to actually work or eat on. It collects mail, tools, dirty glasses, you name it. Not to mention condiments that need to be put away (guess who does that).

Now, I'm not saying you have to use them and put them right back in the cupboard immediately....just...sometimes? And, know where they go?? I could understand when we first moved it and were still trying to organize where everything goes...but it's 3 years!! I just know tonight DH is going to want the A-1 and since it's actually put away, he's going to be lost.

"Honey, are we out of A-1?"
"No, it's put away."
Long pause...."ummm...where do we keep it again?"
"Same place you found it the last 15 times you were looking for it and it was put away....
".

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! You'll have to let us know tomorrow if that short exchange does happen..

I, too, am not a neat freak by any means and I have my junk piles here and there, but I'll just have to add my bit here and say that BF has a hard time putting bottles/cans in the recycling bin in the front closet. Other recyclables go in the recycling bag by the garbage in the kitchen, but the bottle/cans we take to get our big bad deposits back. We kinda put them on the counter by the sink after pouring into a glass, and every day or 2, I'm the one who has to put them in the bin. I mentioned it a few months ago, kind of just said sarcastically/kiddingly 'Hey Darren, did you know we have a bin in the closet for these bottles? I know you never put stuff in there, so wasn't sure of you knew we had that..'
Just yesterday there was a bit of a stockpile from weekend beverages.. and I said again, 'Hey Darren? Um, I think I mentioned this once before, that we have that recycling bin in the closet? Well we still have it. It's still in there for these bottles. Not sure if you knew. Oh you knew? Ok. Just making sure.'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I think your BF and my husand must be related...oh yeah, it's that weird chromosone thing right? I'm constantly picking up empty plastic soda bottles that the cats knock off the counters, tables, etc (that is, the ones that my one dog doesn't steal...they are chew toys to her!).

What really griped me though is when DH still had a desktop in his computer room/dog room. He would take cups of coffee in there and it was like a black hole...they would just disappear. Now, we have a TON of cups because we are both coffee fiends in the morning, so it takes a few weeks before we start running low. All of a sudden we would only have a few. I would go in there and there would be like a dozen cups, all half full and growing mold! I swear, how hard is it to pick up the stupid cup and dump it out in the sink so I don't have to deal with science experiments???? Luckily, his desktop died so he now has a lap top in the family room....MUCH easier to clean up after him each night!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we moved back into the RV, all the cups and glasses went into storage. We have exactly 2 juice cups, four thermal mugs and 2 tea cups. Same with the silverware and plates - four of everything and that is IT. This ensures everything gets washed within a day or two at most!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

No offense to any males here, but you guys are just too funny! Now, believe me, I'm one of the LEAST anal people when it comes to my house and everything in it's place. But, at least I do know where everything should go...even if it takes me a few days (or a week)
to actually move it there. DH apparently doesn't realize that we have cabinets and cupboards for a reason

Our big "clutter" place is the bar in the kitchen. It's kind of a work station/breakfast nook but it's never really clean enough to actually work or eat on. It collects mail, tools, dirty glasses, you name it. Not to mention condiments that need to be put away (guess who does that).

Now, I'm not saying you have to use them and put them right back in the cupboard immediately....just...sometimes? And, know where they go?? I could understand when we first moved it and were still trying to organize where everything goes...but it's 3 years!! I just know tonight DH is going to want the A-1 and since it's actually put away, he's going to be lost.

"Honey, are we out of A-1?"
"No, it's put away."
Long pause...."ummm...where do we keep it again?"
"Same place you found it the last 15 times you were looking for it and it was put away....
".
That sounds exactly like my Dad
. And unfortunately it doesn't change. After over 10 years my Dad still doesn't seem to know where anything goes
. I was just over there a couple hours ago for thanksgiving supper and he was looking around all over for the potato masher. Finally after 10 minutes he gave up and asked my Mom.

But not all of us men are like that. I'm fairly organized and know that everything has a place. Although I still have to search for something every once in a while, thanks to my cats hiding anything they can carry

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, deja vu?! Eric is my best friend, we dated for 2 years and use to live together where I now live alone. Every time he comes over, sometimes I make us dinner, he leaves a trail of glasses, wrappers, various items all over. He also constantly asks "wheres the salt" or "wheres the hot sauce"....exactly where it has always been, I still keep it in the same place as last week which is the same place as 4 years ago, when you lived here!

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've actually considered putting a set of kitchen cabinets and a mini-fridge in my living room, throwing a piece of plywood over them, and calling it a "coffee table"; since when I sit down on the futon with food or drink, it's apt to sit there for days. That way, I could just open up my "coffee table" and put everything back "where it should be".

I can't believe I'm going to be 40 years old in 2 weeks, and I just wrote that.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I would go in there and there would be like a dozen cups, all half full and growing mold! I swear, how hard is it to pick up the stupid cup and dump it out in the sink so I don't have to deal with science experiments????
I really am lucky that I got my DH into the habit of alway taking his dishes to the kitchen, rinsing them out, and putting them in the dishwasher if there's room - his parents certainly didn't teach him to be clean. My dad is a clean freak and that's ingrained into me - your husband would literally drive me crazy.

Many years ago one of my step sisters lived with me (my father hadn't remarried yet, but was living with his gf). She would do that. While cleaning one day I reached under the bed and stuck my fingers into a rotted apple..
She's still a filthy person, and now she has three kids.

My DH sometimes does that "where's ___?", by getting him to help put things up it kind of helps him remember. Sometimes I think he intentionally ask where something he put away is just to try to annoy me.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend has a habit of leaving his underwear, tanks and shorts on the floor, one foot away from the hamper. He says it's his "designated spot"; well, honey, we have 2 hampers plus a basket so your designated spot for dirty clothes is in there not the floor

Oh, forget those nice travel mugs; his car is a blackhole for those. At any given time, he'll have at least 5 of them in his car.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So.... I need to update you all here on a very special event!

drumroll...

BF took the counter bottles to the recycle bin in the closet!

I said "Oh my god what are you doing?!!!?! Can I get a picture???"
And then I told him how just earlier in the day I told The Cat Site about him...

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG! My BF is just like everyone else's DH's and BF's!

He has this annoying habit of taking a shower and leaving his dirty clothes on the bathroom floor. And the cats see that as a nice comfy nap spot.. He will complain that they get hair on his clothes that won't come out in the wash, and that's why there is always hair on his clothes.. Or, he will leave a sweatshirt on the couch, but he will want to wear it later, butby then, the cats have probly slept on it for a while, and he will complain.. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of hanging the sweatshirts up, and picking the clothes up off the floor. Then, I will clean the room, and he will constantly take glasses or plates or bowls up there, and I will leave them for a bit cuz I think he should be the one taking them downstairs and washing them.. But he will say stuff to me about "never cleaning up". That's when I tell him that because he is th one who took them up, he should take them down.. He looks at me like I'm crazy. Because his mother always cleaned up after him, he is always leaving candy wrappers and toothpicks and potato chip bags [and whatever else fits into that category] where ever he feels like it. And, since his mother no longer does things for him, since I am here, I have to pick it all up.. Its annoying really, but I love him, and I can't stand a mess!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living alone has it's advantages, I know exactly where everything is and find it easily. I am very precise and systematic so I would be a bear if anyone touched anything. This is how one gets when you live alone, very independent and a pain in the butt I admit.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummmmm
My DH says the same thing to me

LOL....seriously, when I grab a tool or something, it won't always make it back to the toolbox, and when it does it may or may not be in the right spot

Dishes tho, are always put in the kitchen. A coffee cup may reside on my desk for a day and occassionally glasses of water are left in my bedroom (we don't eat/drink upstairs unless its water).

But yah, for the most part I have ummm, some skills at disorganisation
whereas my hubby is the one that puts things where they belong.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

ummmmm
My DH says the same thing to me

LOL....seriously, when I grab a tool or something, it won't always make it back to the toolbox, and when it does it may or may not be in the right spot

Dishes tho, are always put in the kitchen. A coffee cup may reside on my desk for a day and occassionally glasses of water are left in my bedroom (we don't eat/drink upstairs unless its water).

But yah, for the most part I have ummm, some skills at disorganisation
whereas my hubby is the one that puts things where they belong.
Same here Chris
I am the sloppy one in our relationship

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH tries to be helpful. Instead of putting things where the belong, He puts thing anywhere he finds a place. My son is only 12 he has already started. His job is to put away the dishes. I went to bake a pumpkin pie. We have a drawer for baking supplies, it was full of cooking utensils. I had to search all of the cupboards to find the things I needed.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL this is hilarious..Im with Chris Im the messy one in the house except I ALWAYS make sure my clothes and BFs clothes end up in the laundry baskets because I do the laundry..But we actually had to buy me a computer desk so I could have all my clutter in one spot and it didnt get in his way because I have stacks of papers bills junk mail and all that malarkey laying around, now granted I know where everything is, it still gets in his way and needs to be functionally disorganized so we dont kill each other.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

So.... I need to update you all here on a very special event!

drumroll...

BF took the counter bottles to the recycle bin in the closet!

I said "Oh my god what are you doing?!!!?! Can I get a picture???"
And then I told him how just earlier in the day I told The Cat Site about him...
yay boyfriend

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone's talking about how guys are so disorganized... frankly, I have to admit that I'm kinda like that too... clothes land inches from the hamper, things are misplaced, my room is a complete disaster! Any other female "slobs" out there?