Lianna, your new show cat?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lianna's (Starfish) cat TC isn't liking the showhall much anymore and was giving her a hard time this weekend. I told her she could have Titan if she'll show him. He's currently just a Champion, with just one adult show under his belt, but I think he'd do well for her in Alter Class. His pelt shines like patent leather.

These are some new pics of him I took this morning. His eyes are actually green, but the flash blew out the color.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very pretty.
I hope he does well for her.
Sorry TC is acting bad.
He must be as bad as Cleo was at the TICA show.
I know exactly how she feels.
I just wanted to leave after Cleo bit a judge and was disqualified.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Lianna's (Starfish) cat TC isn't liking the showhall much anymore and was giving her a hard time this weekend. I told her she could have Titan if she'll show him. He's currently just a Champion, with just one adult show under his belt, but I think he'd do well for her in Alter Class. His pelt shines like patent leather.

These are some new pics of him I took this morning. His eyes are actually green, but the flash blew out the color.

Thank you so much, Nial!
Right now I am working on Mother with possible solutions that would allow him to stay. She says if we to have all three cats we would have the garage converted into a room for them when we are away (out of the house - we work during the day). It would have to be insulated, a window put in, along with a window air conditioner. I told her that would be a very expensive option (since I usually end up paying for all cat related things).

The other option would be to pass Top Cat along to a family member or friend. My sister is moving to a townhouse next month and only has one cat.

I am hoping that the ecobox air purifier that I bought for the house will help my mom's allergies and she will allow another cat in the house. If it was my choice, I would have at least 4-5 in the house. That being said, my mom thinks I'm nuts. I keep reminding her that I take care of all the cats' needs.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

He is very pretty.
I hope he does well for her.
Sorry TC is acting bad.
He must be as bad as Cleo was at the TICA show.
I know exactly how she feels.
I just wanted to leave after Cleo bit a judge and was disqualified.
same thing happened after TC apparently scratched a judge in his third ring. He really didn't like her. She was a very mean judge. She was rude to my friend and I. My friends cat didn't even growl or hiss - was just crying/whining - and the judge refused to handle the cat. If it wasn't for her cat still competing, I was going to walk out of the show hall and go home.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is terrible.
You will love one of Nials cats.
Ty is great and does not cause any trouble in the rings.

The judge Cleo bit was not nice to my husband when he asked what happened.
She said Cleo is dangerous and gave Steve a lecture.
He did not say that we have been showing Cleo and she has never done anything like that.
She did not bite threw the skin when she bit it was a nip.
I think it depends on the judge because two of them just had me take Cleo out of the cage for them and said do not worry about how she was acting.
One said its a long show and she is tired.
I almost left Cleo home on sunday after what happened on sat.
I had to think really hard about what to do.
I can imagine what people are saying about Cleo now.
I bet it spread all over TICA.
I am afraid to show her in TICA again.
Cleo was not to bad on friday.
Jay Bangle even gave Cleo a Best of Breed even though I had to take her out of the cage for her.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If you can arrange it, get one of Nial's kitties - you can't go wrong with them
I am trying
. I am trying to wear my mother down on him. Hopefully, she will agree to come to Jamestown to see him. The way to sucker her is to let her hold the cat. That's how we suddenly got a kitten many years ago. (That kitten is now staying with a family friend that we lived with after we sold our house and were looking for another house to buy. It was supposed to be temporary but they fell in love with the cat- not even cat people - and we let them keep the cat. Cat is still living with them and is getting the best care - they are rich people who love animals and treat them like family members.)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Starfish

The other option would be to pass Top Cat along to a family member or friend. My sister is moving to a townhouse next month and only has one cat.
I surely hope not.

Passing on your buddy - just because he doesn't act right in the show rings..........

Jacky, Cleo is a CAT they are not predictible and don't do everything you want. It's NOT her fault - she's clearly not enjoying herself. Please do not blame her for "acting bad". Some cats don't enjoy shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

He's a gorgeous, big boy.

He's my Penny's son, yes?
Thanks Betsy!

Titan is actually older than Penny. He's out of Kaibengals Chained Melody, aka Minnie and Jagsun Hau Kea Ino, aka Hau Kea.

He was in one of our very first litters here in North Carolina. Penny came along later.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I surely hope not.

Passing on your buddy - just because he doesn't act right in the show rings..........

Jacky, Cleo is a CAT they are not predictible and don't do everything you want. It's NOT her fault - she's clearly not enjoying herself. Please do not blame her for "acting bad". Some cats don't enjoy shows.
Sam's right about that, except for one small addition in my opinion.

MOST cats will not enjoy a cat show. It's just not what they like to do. It's noisy, smells strange to them and they are completely out of their element with strangers looking at them, handling them, etc.

It's really not a cat-thing. It takes a special cat to enjoy a cat show and that's why breeding for the right temperament is so important.

Sometimes the most stunning cat you own won't win a thing because he/she hates being in the showhall.

It ain't easy being a showcat

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not going to tell anyone this but Cleo is the 4th best sphynx alter in CFA right now.
I found that out last week.
She is only 10 points behind the 3rd place cat.
Cleo has done way better then anyone thought she would do in CFA.
I am only going to put her in one day shows for now.
She does love the public and loves being petted.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was not going to tell anyone this but Cleo is the 4th best sphynx alter in CFA right now.
I found that out last week.
She is only 10 points behind the 3rd place cat.
Cleo has done way better then anyone thought she would do in CFA.
I am only going to put her in one day shows for now.
She does love the public and loves being petted.
Wow, that's great Jacky!
You know Hobbes is a one day cat show cat himself. He's a bit testy, but tolerates the first day and he down right hates it the 2nd day.

I think you're onto something with Cleo there. Some of them get tired and frustrated by the end of day 1.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Nial
Are you just going to show Hobbes one day now?
I will take Ty and Wrinkles to all 3 days of the TICA shows.
The next TICA show is 2 days.
I would like to take Cleo to the 2nd day of the next TICA show because they are doing HCM scans there.
The judge she bit will be there the first day and I will no show Cleo in her ring ever again.
Cleo is used to 1 day 6 ring shows.
Some lady came up to me and said she saw Ty on your site and she really likes him.
She told me somone she knows in Washington state has his half sister.
I forgot to get her name.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Thanks Betsy!

Titan is actually older than Penny. He's out of Kaibengals Chained Melody, aka Minnie and Jagsun Hau Kea Ino, aka Hau Kea.

He was in one of our very first litters here in North Carolina. Penny came along later.
Ooops! It was Impact, then, that I was thinking of.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I surely hope not.

I really want all three of them. Passing on Top Cat was mom's idea. Mom is the one saying that Top Cat should go to my sister because he is starting to be mean. I am trying to get her to keep all of them.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Keep pushing her to let you have all 3.
Is he mean at home also or just in shows?
His personality is changing (yes, I know this is common for kittens). He still likes to be around us, but he is getting more aggressive. Luna and him were getting along, but more recently he is irritating Luna a ton. I'd rather him stay in the house and maybe have someone besides Luna to play with; that might help him. They are still family members to me. My mom's the one that's like 'get rid of one'. I keep telling her why can't we keep three? Luna and I are bonded because we sleep in the same room at night. Top Cat stays with mom. For some reason, she isn't attached to him like she was to Mons.

I am trying to get her to see that three cats are okay in the house. We have the Ecobox that I bought this weekend to clean the air. I hope it will work.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I used to save feral cats and some of them were very mean.
I still kept a few of them.
Maybe your mom liked Mons better because he was nicer.
Almost everyone I know has at least 3 cats or more.
Sorry Top Cat is changing.
When did he start acting worse at home?
How does he react to other cats at the shows?
Cleo hated Wrinkles when I got her and now they are playing.
All my other cats were fine the first day.
I am wondering if Top Cat would try to attack the new cat.
My sisters Maui still hates Ty of course she can be a b*tch.
He hates other cats at the shows. There are certain cats which he has to be separated from at the shows. He was never the same after he hurt his arm. He cut it so bad that you could see his flesh before they stitched it up. When we picked him up the next day, he was acting like a totally different cat at the vet. He was hissing at everything. We thought it was the anesthesia. Also he was neutered after the first show, which I thought would help him.