Ebony not eating!! *&^#$(#^ I need support!!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am dealing with ANOTHER new shelter cat not eating issue. I swear I have the worst luck.

This cat is my brothers cat - Ebony, I've posted about these issues before,

She is a 2 year old, semi feral, spay female, adopted at the start of september.

When he adopted her she hid for a few days, then came out and was very sweet, but never had an appetite for food. Shelter was feeding her science diet so we got her a bag, she wasn't interested. Have tried ~ 10 foods, wet and dry, not interested. Not interested in treats, cat nip. nothing. OTher then that, perfectly normal cat!

Blood work clean, no absesses in the mouth, no illness according to the vet.

Once she was out of hiding I gave her some cyproheptadine, and that would get her to eat. I was giving her hills AD and baby food, and with the cypr. she ate it all. I did this for two days and got her to eat a whole can of hills, after that I had to go on vacation but my brother said ebony was eating on her own, he failed to tell me she would maybe eat like 5 pieces of kibble a day.

So now he went away for Thanksgiving so I left her perfectly measured amounts of food and she didn't touch anything from friday night to monday,

So I just gave her another cypro. Unfortunatly have no hills AD and being a holiday the vets is closed, so I'm currently feeding her MaxCat, which she is eating (the cypro. kicks in for her about 20 minutes after taking it, which is awesome). So I sit with her and feed her spoonfuls of wet food and she'll take in a whole can,

I'm going to do this for 5 days and see if she'll eat on her own inbetween.... but I just don't know what else to do!
No signs of fatty liver, she's drinking, going to the bathroom, playing, the damn thing just won't eat. I'm so frustrated~

Any suggestions? Advice? Support??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
have you tried raw? when you say semi feral how long at the shelter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

have you tried raw? when you say semi feral how long at the shelter?
Haven't tried Raw.......... I'm a little worried about it, but I'll do what it takes. She was at the shelter since February, so quite a long time. So she was on normal food from Feb. - Sept. She hasn't really lost any weight, but she was teeny tiny when we got her, no weight to lose, and a cat not eating atlteast something everyday does not sit well with me.

Edit: what would be the easiest raw item to try with her?

Edit X2: we tried tuna and cooked meat (turkey,chicken) and she wasn't interested

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can try getting some chicken tenders and just grind them up in the blender to start with and see if she's even remotely interested. Also, check out the food forum. There's a section for raw feeders there.