Daily Thread Monday Oct 12th

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Monday everyone!

It's a cold one today.

Not sure what I want to do today. Mom is doing her laundry so that's out for now. DS is sleeping but should be awake again soon. It's chilly out but I do want to shop Rite Aid again and share some coupons with the assistant manager.

I do have to make more corn muffins. I rather just lay around today though. We had a busy weekend and I am still tired from all the fun.

The kitties are going nuts. It's too chilly to open the windows and the birds are all around. Cello keeps walking floor to floor looking for an open door or window.

Have a good day everyone!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What does a corn muffin taste like?

Dry and i think chilly?
I'm on holiday until thursday so i havent crossed the doors yet.

Just waiting for the engineer to service my house alarm, then i'm out for dinner with the girls this evening

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

What does a corn muffin taste like?

Dry and i think chilly?
I'm on holiday until thursday so i havent crossed the doors yet.

Just waiting for the engineer to service my house alarm, then i'm out for dinner with the girls this evening
The only corn muffins I've ever had were at the Kenny Rogers Roaster restraurants and they were the best part of the meal IMO. If I ever got my hands on the recipe I would be making those on a regular basis.

It's cool here but we will be heading outside to do some of the gardening/transplanting in a bit.

We had a wonderful family get-together yesterday with hubby's family.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

It's cool here but we will be heading outside to do some of the gardening/transplanting in a bit.
All morning i've though "Get out into the front garden to empty the flower pots for the year!", and i still havent done it

I will this week though with being on holiday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

All morning i've though "Get out into the front garden to empty the flower pots for the year!", and i still havent done it

I will this week though with being on holiday
We keep saying that about the back yard too.

Corn muffins remind me of creamed corn but in bread form. I love eating them warm with butter.

I can't get warm today. I was laying down cuddling with Lucky just as DS woke from his nap. I wanna go back to cuddling.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning!

I am tired zzzzz. Work was exhausting the last 3 days. I have class this morning and it actually looks chilly out today, its supposed to rain tomorrow. Im having really bad heartburn right now
. So much homework and tests to study, so little time! I hope everyone has a great day

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning - Still exhausted from the weekend but am hoping this week at work goes by quick. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow, that means once I get home tonight, I should probably find where I put my umbrella at.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning all!!

Cloudy, very cold and looks like we are in for more bad weather....Oh joy.

Not up to much today just planning on puttering around the house and watching some TV I guess.

Didn't sleep well because my shoulders ached much of the night so maybe a nap this afternoon might be in order.

The cats have had treats and are somewhere around pursuing their various cat activities.

Everyone have a good day.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning. We have cool and rainy weather which is supposed to stick around all week. Today was the first day that I wore a jacket to work, so signs of Fall are all around.

Today is the day that I start getting serious about writing my dissertation. I've managed to finish just about everything else that was outstanding. I'm trying to schedule a date and time to present my proposal to my committee members. Finding a time and date that works for all of them is like herding cats. Harder, actually since all one has to do to herd cats is open a can of tuna.
I'll be spending all day and a good part of this week writing up the proposal. After work, I'll be heading to the gym. Given the weather (and the fact that it's Monday
) I may take off early.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning all!

Well, the maintenance men just left after spending 2 1/2 hours fixing all of our kitchen issues. The leak is supposedly fixed, but he's going to have to totally replace the disposal. The part should be in tomorrow so fingers crossed that it fixes everything.

Had the kitties shut up in the bedroom so they didn't try to help with the repairs,
. So they're happy to have free roam again and looked pretty POed when I let them out.

My stomach is a little upset this morning so I think I'll skip classes today. It's just review for my midterms on Wednesday and I'm comfortable with all the material. I'll get more accomplished studying on my own anyway.

Have some chores to do around the house to day such as changing the kitty boxes and laundry. It's a drizzly cool day so it'll be nice to laze around.

Everyone have a great start to the week!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a holiday in the states today so even though I have to work it is super slow. I will probably get out early also, so not bad.

This weekend was great! Saw family members which is always very nice. But boy! did it get freezing or what?! My pain level has skyrocketed! I too didn't sleep well because of the knawing pain. My body should adjust eventually to this weather..sooner the better, eh?

Looking forward to going home tonite and watching my comedy shows on tv, chilling (literally
) with the kitties.
Do you ever wake up some days to go to work/school and wish you were already back home for the evening relaxing?

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning. Happy Thanksgiving to Canada and Happy Columbus day to USA, not that that means anything anymore. Although there is no mail today, right? Blah. It's super grey cloudy and damp this morning here, I hear it might rain sometime this week. Probably not in Long Beach though. Whoa, just checked weather.com and it says 70% chance of rain tomorrow!!

Boss had to fly to Boise for a meeting so I had to pick up the other boss form the airport this morning so kinda got a late start in the office. Not that there's much going on... I hate it, I know I'm getting the boot at some point, we're just not busy at all, but they won't say when. I thought I'd be gone or at least have less hours 2 weeks ago but no. I'm glad, don't get me wrong, but the suspense is killing me!

Anyway... I want to find some new side dish recipe to try for our mock-thanksgiving dinner tonight. A squash or turnip thing perhaps.

Have a great day off or at work or whatever you're up to today!!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning. Nice and coolish here today. Went to the foot doctor today and got a shot in my foot, also some pain patches and some Clebrex, so my foot should soon be as good as knew. Stopped by and picked yp ARBY'S Roast Beef sandwiches for lunch, and probably, after I get off here, a nap.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good day everyone (can't say morning, as it's after noon now for me).

I was going to be working today, but as I played the role of Queen Klutz Saturday evening to rave reviews (note sarcasm there), and tripped on the edge of the sidewalk and landed right on my knee, I'm off work and heading to the doctor in a little bit. I'm hoping nothing major is wrong with it, but it still hurts... not as severe as yesterday, but still...

And then off to TV Writing class tonight... hobbling all the way!!

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Corn muffin recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basic-c...ns/detail.aspx

I LOVE corn muffins - they are my favorite muffin. Unless I'm in a blueberry mood....

Hope you Canadians are enjoying a nice holiday!

It's Columbus Day here in the U.S. - holiday for banks, but not the stock market.
Thanks for posting this Laurie. I have been using the box version but was raised to make from scratch.