TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › How to retaliate on ACO officer who shot cat & 6wk old kittens?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to retaliate on ACO officer who shot cat & 6wk old kittens?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-me...te/2009/03/04/
UNBELIEVABLE!!! The charges against Fred Grasso were dismissed by a judge....
It feels like respectable humans everywhere should be doing something about this, but what
I think that maybe writing to the judge might help, but since I'm not a voter in his area...... Besides, does hate mail even do anything
FYI, it was a mama kitty & her 6wk. old kittens that he shot in summer '08, claiming that the kittens and the mother cat charged him, and fearing that they had rabies, he went back to his truck , retreived his rifle & shot them in the cellar of an apartment house. Then, even tho he claims he feared them rabid, he tossed them into a landfill instead of preserving them for testing
I also lay blame at the "doorstep" of the landlady who called AC claiming that she feared for the safety of her tenants, who had semi-adopted the cat & her babies - she attended neighborhood BBQs, etc. The remaining 4 babies ran under a dryer where they were rescued by ASPCA, and were documented as tame & friendly - the prosecutor even had videotape presented in court of the tame remaining kittens. So much for the landlady's claim of "concern"
So much for my respect of Lackawanna county officials
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
claiming that the kittens and the mother cat charged him
What a nut case. If the cats were friendly, as suggested, then they were greeting him. Sounds like someone just wanted an excuse to shoot something...

I don't know that there is much anyone can do. Those who lived in the area could spread the news through various outlets and make ACO look bad - thus pressuring them to make sure the guy was fired. But that's about it.
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
What a nut case. If the cats were friendly, as suggested, then they were greeting him. Sounds like someone just wanted an excuse to shoot something...

I don't know that there is much anyone can do. Those who lived in the area could spread the news through various outlets and make ACO look bad - thus pressuring them to make sure the guy was fired. But that's about it.
Getting the guy fired would be great Justice for this jerk.
post #4 of 6
I could understand if he had a snarling, aggressive dog coming at him- but kittens? That's nuts. I can't imagine what a little baby kitten is going to do to him.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by esrgirl View Post
I could understand if he had a snarling, aggressive dog coming at him- but kittens? That's nuts. I can't imagine what a little baby kitten is going to do to him.
Maybe he was afraid that it would cute him to death.

Anyone like that has no business working around animals, for sure.
post #6 of 6
Forget animals... I don't think anyone like that should even have a gun in their possession. How long till the he misinterprets a person's body language and shoots them? Too trigger happy, for sure.

Would anyone want this guy anywhere near them with a gun? I wouldn't feel safe. Ironically the story now sort of makes me think of an uncle that I can't really stand, same sort of weird behavior out of him among other things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › How to retaliate on ACO officer who shot cat & 6wk old kittens?