Another tabby color question

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little DSH former-feral kitten has fur that is starting to change colors. Here is a pic of Logan after my boyfriend and I first adopted him in June. (he was around 3 mos old here).

Here is a more recent picture at 7 months old

Is he still considered black/silver tabby or is he turning into a brown tabby? I'm just curious because some of the white fur near his chest and sides & back is slowly turning light brown.

Thanks in advance

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As we've found before, different computer moniters can provide different opinions but to me even in the first pic he looks like a brown tabby with white.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem with brown tabbies is they can have so much color range. From a dark black base to a warm honey brown base. Because there seems to be more brown coming in and the nose is brown, I'll have to say he's a brown tabby.

IMO he looks silver looking in the first picture; but it would be rare for a silver color to show up in mixed breed cats. It happens but its not common.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your responses!

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree on brown spotted tabby. He'll probably become more and more brown with age. I've raised kittens that have looked like silver spotted at first (they've only had a slightly brownish nose) but they've all turned out to be brown spotted. The nose is a great give away.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say brown mac tabby and white (not spotted, the "spots" are uneven, looks like broken lines to me), and brown def sine the undercoat on pic 2 shows brown