Scarlett has her own personal elevator

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First some background:
Due to having dogs, we keep our cat food bowls up on a counter in our bathroom. Not that our dogs are not behaved, we just try to hold down the temptation of them snacking on cat food.

Due to having older cats that can't jump as easily as they used to, we keep a lidded bucket next to that counter to use as a step to that counter. When we walk thru the bathroom, we often see cats standing on the bucket, and they will meowl at us as we pass them.

DH is well trained by Scarlett. She loves to lie in his arms, and he will place his arm out for her so she can walk onto his arm to snuggle in. It's really cute.

Here's where it gets good:
Scarlett has now trained DH as her own personal elevator. She was sitting on the bucket this morning, and he picked up the bucket with her on top and raised it to the level of the counter so she could simply walk off and take a nibble. She no longer has to jump up. All she has to do is give DH a cute little look and he caters to her latest whim.

And he calls me the sucker for these cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

That's funny - and your siggy tells it all.
He tells me that I'm abusing them by NOT doing things like serving as their own personal elevator. I'm the tough parent - I'll make them jump up just so that they get some form of exercise.

We get into food arguments sometimes. Me: this food is better quality for them. DH: but they like the junk food better.

DH calls me Attila the Hun sometimes.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My hubby says he doesn't like the cats, but when I hadn't gotten to the store in time to get cat food, it was the Hubby that I caught making them scrambled eggs when I got up that morning.
I guess I can keep him around a bit longer, eh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

My hubby says he doesn't like the cats, but when I hadn't gotten to the store in time to get cat food, it was the Hubby that I caught making them scrambled eggs when I got up that morning.
I guess I can keep him around a bit longer, eh?
Now that's devotion!

Sure - keep him a bit longer......

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the big cat abuser in my household. DH will give them whatever they want, especially his little Fluffy. It is so cute to watch the big, tattooed biker snuggle his little princess. She will tell on me if I don't cater to her, and he will scold me. Pepper loves to snuggle her head under his beard and talk to him. What a mush!