Laptop or desktop?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I always use a desktop, but my husband always uses a laptop. I can't get used to the smaller keyboard on a laptop.

What do you use the majority of the time when you are at home?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both...

My laptop has a fullsize keyboard with number pad as well.

It all depends on which room I'm in, and what I'm doing with it

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a desktop. If you would prefer a laptop, you could always buy a keyboard and hook it up. The convenience of a laptop with the luxury of a full size keyboard.
Of course, then you lose the portability of it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no need for a laptop, so I don't have one. Though those little netbooks look neat - even better that one can save a little money, and time, and get them shipped with linux already installed (too bad it's ubuntu, though, gnome is ugly and too bulky).

The thing I like most about a desktop is that I can easily fix problems with it.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we only have a laptop so thats what we use here, blaine uses his phone mostly though and i use the laptop

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have both. I checked Desktop but if Travis is playing video games or something downstairs I'll use the laptop so we can at least spend SOME time together

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My current laptops battery died, so it needs to be plugged in. If it werent for that, I'd have picked laptop. Im getting a new one at the end of the month, and I suspect my desktop will become "fancy backup system" and nothing more. Unless I have visitors - then they can use the desktop. Im not going to upgrade it anymore though, and eventually, it will just be gone saving me notable space in my small apartment. I want a wifi printer too!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We currently have 2 desktops but I have a friend who is getting me a laptop for home. I would like to have one for my business so that when I do shows, I can make custom embroidery designs while at the show.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a desktop, and DH has a laptop. I HATE his laptop!! We had company a few months ago and he was using my desktop. I was using DH's laptop and I tried to post on here and actually reread what I typed before posting and it looked like a different language. The keyboard is SO much smaller. I'm sure it's just a case of getting used to it, but I don't like it.

The only good thing about the laptop is it's set up in the family room so we can actually be in the same room to watch a movie (of course, he's playing farmville or WoW and not paying ANY attention to what is going on...but at least it's "quality time"
)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like my desktop with wireless keyboard.. got rid of a laptop as IMHO it was bulky and hard to deal with

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I only use my laptop.

I had a desktop,but it broke...had it "fixed" and two months later,it broke again.So I decided to just leave it and get a laptop.At first I hated the laptop,but I got used to it and find it conviniant...cause I can curl up in bed and be all cozy when on it!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a desktop and want a laptop. My desktop is about 4-5 years old now. It is very slooooowwwwww. It drives me crazy!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually use a desktop, but occasionally it's nice to sit somewhere more comfortable and use the laptop. I don't mind the smaller keyboard, but I do have to hook a mouse to it because I hate the other way.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my laptop when we lived in the old apartment and my the only place for my desktop was in the spare room outside of our apartment. It was more than a little inconvenient. Now that we're in the new place and we have the desk right off the living room, I wish I still had the desktop (I gave it to my mom). I wouldn't give up my laptop though...I'd like both. The laptop is great for multi-tasking, looking things up quickly, etc. The desktop would be nice, however, for when I actually need to get down to work and spend a larger chunk of time on the computer. Plus, you get more bang for your buck with a desktop, so it could be a little fancier (the BF wants the HP touchscreen one...he plays with it everytime we're in Costco).

I've gotten used to switching back and forth between the smaller laptop keyboard and desktop keyboards. I just wish my laptop had a number pad.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are all laptops and I would NEVER go back to a desktop again. One of my laptops has the full size keyboard, but I prefer the smaller ones. I don't know if you can even purchase the larger ones anymore.? I can't stand a mouse anymore either. I only can use the touchpads.