So what's on the menu tonight?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We actually started part of our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. My brother middle daughter made if home for Friday but has to leave Sunday to go back to work Monday.
It was very nice, we had ham, potato's au gratin, green beans, a selection cheese, some nice crusty bread, and for dessert my black forest cake.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan...

I ended up having a chicken wrap from Nando's last night. It was SO good.

Dinner in a rush tonight (probably wee small hours) and it will be a smoked chicken salad.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken breasts stuffed with fresh basil, pine nuts and low fat Ricotta cheese, thanks d-life website & coccoacat. Also steamed cauliflower.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have some chicken in a garlic/herb marinade that I will bake later. I think I will make some basil pesto to have with a little pasta and I also have some asparagus in the refrigerator.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're due for beef, and the kids are coming over, so I think it's going to be steaks with green peppercorn sauce (a favourite of Jr's), risotto cakes, and whatever veg looks nice -- maybe some asparagus. Not sure what to do about dessert, but something will come to me, I'm sure.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

We're due for beef, and the kids are coming over, so I think it's going to be steaks with green peppercorn sauce (a favourite of Jr's), risotto cakes, and whatever veg looks nice -- maybe some asparagus. Not sure what to do about dessert, but something will come to me, I'm sure.
Sounds wonderful! Do you make your peppercorn sauce from scratch? I'm particularly fond of black peppercorn steak as well - it's always been one of my favourites. I have a lovely mix of white/black/pink/green peppercorns that also makes a wonderful addition to a steak and the resulting sauce.

Tonight I believe we will be having pork tenderloin medallions with chopped apple and some of the lovely Calvados I brought back from my golf trip, baby red parsley potatoes, broccoli and carrots. If hubby's gig starts too early I may have to wait and have this tomorrow because I won't have time to properly prepare it. Besides, he usually gets all kinds of lovely food at the gigs as they do private parties and the folks feed the band. I get very jealous sometmes when he comes home and tells me what they had.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Sounds wonderful! Do you make your peppercorn sauce from scratch? I'm particularly fond of black peppercorn steak as well - it's always been one of my favourites. I have a lovely mix of white/black/pink/green peppercorns that also makes a wonderful addition to a steak and the resulting sauce.
Yep, it's an easy sauce -- got it out of one of the "Australian Women's Weekly" books. I really like them a lot.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

Tonight I believe we will be having pork tenderloin medallions with chopped apple and some of the lovely Calvados I brought back from my golf trip, baby red parsley potatoes, broccoli and carrots. If hubby's gig starts too early I may have to wait and have this tomorrow because I won't have time to properly prepare it. Besides, he usually gets all kinds of lovely food at the gigs as they do private parties and the folks feed the band. I get very jealous sometmes when he comes home and tells me what they had.
I'll bet you do at that rate. Well, whenever you have your pork, I'm sure it will be lovely, too.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby has gone to take care of his Mom tonight. So I'm going to steam some brussels sprouts and cauliflower. Easy and yummy!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smoked ham, broccoli, mushroom, red onion and chedder cheese omlet. Or maybe a fritatta. Or maybe an egg scramble in a wrap. At any rate there will be smoked ham, broccoli, mushroom, red onion, chedder cheese and some form of egg. They are all geting to the point of eat them soon or toss them, and I do not ever waste food!

(No, I didn't get this confused with the whats for breakfast thread, lol, I often eat breakfast for dinner)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just eaten spicy chicken salad - with salad greens, avocado, tomato, paw paw, apple and a homemade dressing.

That was lunch. Now for tea.

I think I'll have a baby spinach, tomato and avocado salad with some strips of beef!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had leftover baked morocco chicken and rice for lunch. It is SO good - I definitely will be cooking it for tea again!

Tonight's dinner is steak. Boring. I am so over steak but DH is a real steak guy.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to make a salt and garlic rub for some free range pork and roast that with some caramalised onion. A baby spinach, tomato and avocado salad to go with.

Probably be Nutri grain for pudds.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty hohum sausage patties with risotto cakes and garlic carrots tonight. Girl Guide cookies for dessert.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been on this thread for a while now! Too busy to make decent dinners lately.
Yesterday I made a huge beef casserole in the slow cooker, so we're having that again tonight. I'm making some hearty peasant bread to go with it, should be tasty, and all washed down with a strong beer or maybe red wine.
Good wintery fare, certainly is cold outside.
I made cinnamon rolls last night too, so probably those for dessert, although I have a recipe for Mexican cheesecake I've been meaning to bake...

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are risotta cakes?

I had more salad with chicken and some french bread.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished dinner. Oven baked lamb in a homemade onion and mint sauce gravy, sauteed mushrooms and seasoned wedges. The lamb steaks were absolutely beautiful and tender. I also had a bit of fresh avocado on the side (but Kieran didn't), to use it up.

Kieran will be making pudding after our T.V show - chocolate steamed pudding, vanilla pustard and peaches.