Were having a snow storm

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up to go to work and it snowed about 4 inches. I work 40 miles west of where I live, and they are under a winter storm warning so I called in.

The snow is here and on it's way to the rest of the country!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I live south east of you. Please keep it up in your neck of the woods!

Snow is pretty and it does give you an excuse to snuggle with a bunch of cats by the fireplace. But man I hate to drive in it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's supposed to drop into the 30sF here by this afternoon - the same cold front, I'm assuming. Parts of the state all the way down to where I live have a slight possibility for snow, which is weird as it hasn't snowed in October here for many year.
It's only 43F at the moment, so I think it'll get below freezing.

Those in the worst of this, bundle up and drive carefully if you have to be out.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Oh please please please, not yet!! I am not ready for it, since we never had a summer as it is. When that lake effect snow machine turns on, we can measure snow in feet, not inches. I am not ready for that. Sending to keep that cold air your way

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

It's supposed to drop into the 30sF here by this afternoon - the same cold front, I'm assuming. Parts of the state all the way down to where I live have a slight possibility for snow, which is weird as it hasn't snowed in October here for many year.
It's only 43F at the moment, so I think it'll get below freezing.

Those in the worst of this, bundle up and drive carefully if you have to be out.
It was in the 80's here yesterday (wore a sweatshirt to work yesterday and sweated my butt off!) but it was supposed to be in the 40's today after major thunderstorms...but that never happened. I guess it got stalled? A little rain and that was it, but very windy so I'm guessing it's coming.

No wonder everyone gets sick this time of year...Mother Nature can't make up her mind! Tomorrow should be fun......

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We got about an inch or so in SW side of Minnesota - so THAT's where the snow came from - thanks Nebraskians
We in WI got a bit doncha know. I do blame the Nebraskians.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hear Colorado, including the Denver area, had quite a bit. And they had record lows.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had snow here this am. I was not a happy camper. I just can't fathom the thought of snow and cold this early, I mean if it's snowing this early, what's the winter going to bring?

I was just glad that it didn't stick and stopped an hour before I left work. Still cold but no snow blowing around or sticking makes for an ok day in my book!