TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am in Mexico, and I can't stand so much I miss my babies!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am in Mexico, and I can't stand so much I miss my babies!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Don't take me wrong, it was fantastic to get to see my family today, but my heart is broken into a million pieces so much I miss my babies....
My Neighbor is taking care of them, and I do have a webcam on 24x7 where I can go and watch them - right now I can see Bugsy and Lucky, But I haven't seen Hope today, and it worries me... To think that Bugsy is not going to find his meowmy on bed tonight... poor baby... he sleeps hugging me every night... I just feel so bad!
Maybe I am just silly...
post #2 of 17
Not silly at all! They become like our kids and it's hard to be away from them. I know how you feel! I had to be away from my girls for 2 weeks when I was in the hospital. It was agonizing. I worried so much and I missed them terribly.

Guarantied when you get home all 3 of them are going to be so happy to see you that they will be pasted up against you like fly paper and you will be tripping over them because they won't let you out of their site!

Oh...and be prepared to be yelled at.... a lot! They will want to make sure to scold you and make sure that you know that you are never ever going to leave again!
post #3 of 17
If anyone understands, it's the people on this board. I know I sure missed my kitties terribly when I've had to be away from them!

It's so interesting to see how they react to us being gone and then coming home. The girls were all just happy as could be, and quite clingy. Trent goes through an initial "OMG you're home!! I missed you!!!" and then he remembers that we left him and he's mad at us. That lasts for about a day, and then he must feel like he's made his point and becomes really clingy and lovey.

One thing is for sure, though - you never sleep alone the night you come home from being away!
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
One thing is for sure, though - you never sleep alone the night you come home from being away!
Oh, I hope not!!! I can't wait to have Bugsy kneading and purring all over my bed!! I just can't wait to hug each one of them.... If they only knew how much I love them... If they only knew....
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Oh, I hope not!!! I can't wait to have Bugsy kneading and purring all over my bed!! I just can't wait to hug each one of them.... If they only knew how much I love them... If they only knew....

I'm sure they know
post #6 of 17
We're in Massachusetts, and the kitties are in Texas.

But we have a friend checking on them, and they love her!
post #7 of 17
Welcome, welcome, welcome.... is great to know that at least a member of TCS from another country came to Azteck Lands to know the beauty of my country...
Hope your stay would be confortable and great Caro!,...please, take not one, not 2 not 3, take a DZILLION! of pictures, I believe you don´t regret about it!...

have a nice stay!
post #8 of 17
I actually had a moment when when the vet tech took my kitty to another room to weigh him the other day (they never do that! usually the scale is in the room). . I had a moment of anxiety when I didn't know what the lady was gonna do with him when he was not in my sight. Or what he was gonna do. . good thing I don't have children, I would be a nervous wreck
post #9 of 17
Aww, they know you love them to pieces.

Everytime we go away for a long weekend I worry way too much about Genever and miss her so much too. Even though she's got good catsitters/friends hanging out at our place to take care of her and play with her.

In November we'll be going to England and BF will be there for 2.5 weeks, I'm going for 9 days. For this long trip we're taking her to another friend's house, he had a CRF cat who passed this July at age 17, so he's really excited to take care of G-cat. He called it 'rent-a-pet'. I totally trust him to do everything right and love her lots, but I will miss her and worry the whole time I'm gone, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, we get yelled at whenever we come home too, even if we're just out for an afternoon or evening. MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!! Where have you been? It's about time you get your butts back here!

Your babies will miss you but they're resilient, they'll get over it soon and get back to kneading and purring.
post #10 of 17
I see two white kitties on the cat tree! One on the top looking down, and one on the level at the top of the steps attacking the post and looking up.

So Hope is doing just fine!!
post #11 of 17
I'm going to Australia for 11 days in late November and though I'm super excited to see my family (last visit was in 2003), I'm already anxious about being away for so long. A part of me feels like I shouldn't coddle my kitties so much...to toughen them up and have them used to me not being around.
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Don't take me wrong, it was fantastic to get to see my family today, but my heart is broken into a million pieces so much I miss my babies....
My Neighbor is taking care of them, and I do have a webcam on 24x7 where I can go and watch them - right now I can see Bugsy and Lucky, But I haven't seen Hope today, and it worries me... To think that Bugsy is not going to find his meowmy on bed tonight... poor baby... he sleeps hugging me every night... I just feel so bad!
Maybe I am just silly...
I feel the same way when I go on vacation! When I went to Florida to stay at the beach during the summer for 10 days, all I could think about was how much I missed my babies! And yeah, I have a cat who sleeps next to me every night and kneads her claws into my neck, so I can't ever sleep knowing that at home, my cat is wondering where I am (My other cat is enjoying her time alone, not being smothered by me every second )
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMavis View Post

In November we'll be going to England and BF will be there for 2.5 weeks, I'm going for 9 days. For this long trip we're taking her to another friend's house, he had a CRF cat who passed this July at age 17, so he's really excited to take care of G-cat. He called it 'rent-a-pet'. I totally trust him to do everything right and love her lots, but I will miss her and worry the whole time I'm gone, I'm sure.
Haha, 'rent-a-pet'
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
I see two white kitties on the cat tree! One on the top looking down, and one on the level at the top of the steps attacking the post and looking up.

So Hope is doing just fine!!
Awww.....thank you for checking on my babies I just got home and came straight to the computer... I see Lucky, Bugsy - but I also saw lil Hope I miss them soooooooo much!!! They were playing, so they must be well!!
post #15 of 17
That's so cool you can check up on them through webcam. I hope you're having a great time with family.
post #16 of 17
I just looked at your webcam...you have a wonderful play area set up! I'm sure the kitties miss you, too, but have a wonderful time in Mexico! The reunion will be great when you get back home.
post #17 of 17
I hope you get to go home soon! They will go nuts! It always feel good to go home and hug the kitties after being gone for a while. Nothing like it.

I know how you feel. I went on an 8 day cruise and it was really hard not knowing how they were doing. It is so cool you have the webcam. Luckily I have a really great petsitter that calls me when I am away to update me on the babies. She is really good at giving me specifics as to how their mood is. I don't get bars when I am on the ocean so I can't wait to get in port and immediately check my phone for her call!

They love her too. When I come home they have no reaction whatsoever. Its like I was out getting groceries or something. But it is a good feeling knowing they have someone that they feel good around while I am away.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am in Mexico, and I can't stand so much I miss my babies!