Unbelievable!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went shopping today. I hate shopping, but I was hit with an incredible urge to actually go shopping today. My friend was so stunned that she grabbed her cousin and practically ran out of the house to come pick me up before I changed my mind!
The last time she managed to get me to go shopping with her was back in 1998!

Today on my list of things to buy:

1 set of queen size sheets;
2 bamboo steamers (to use as jewelery boxes);
1 bag of cat food.

I ended up buying everything on the list!

But I also ended up with this!

But I absolutely love it!!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's beautiful, really it is, but that sort of impulse buy scares me! I can't really describe how it would make me feel if someone expected me to make that decision. How do you do that? I really don't know how, myself.
I'm tormented that DH and I will have to buy a new hot water heater in the next few days - too soon, too expensive!
(note: my father had a tendency to make stupid impulse buys - new trucks and such, and would leave us really scrimping by each month for bills and food).

Any chances that you could share a picture of it on your hand? So we can see how it looks on you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Any chances that you could share a picture of it on your hand? So we can see how it looks on you?
I will once I actually have it!

It has to be resized more than 2 sizes so they have to place a special order. It will take 6 or 8 weeks to arrive.

My friend was going to take a picture of it on my pinky finger, but she got side tracked looking at all kinds of bling and forgot!

The other 2 that I was debating about were these:

http://www.benmoss.com/home/product/...spx?catid=1477 Only with an Aquamarine stone.

http://www.benmoss.com/home/product/...spx?catid=1477

When I go and pick up the ring I'm going to buy myself some birthstone earrings too:

http://www.benmoss.com/home/product/...spx?catid=1494

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the second ring is actually very nice - and cheaper. I wouldn't be afraid to wear that one as much.

The earrings are pretty, too. Is this Christmas for yourself?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I think the second ring is actually very nice - and cheaper. I wouldn't be afraid to wear that one as much.

The earrings are pretty, too. Is this Christmas for yourself?
No, not Christmas. Just doing something nice for myself. I've always wanted a birthstone ring, and other than a few choice pieces (wedding sets) which I inherited from my Mom and Grandmother, most of my jewelery is just cheap costume stuff.

This was a good purchase! I feel good about it and don't regret it at all. When I feel that I know it was the right thing. If I had had any type of hesitation I would have passed on it.

I tried on a few different rings and got the opinion of other staff and customers and it was unanimous that the oval stone suited my hand better than the emerald cut square one. The square one was the first one that I picked out.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those rings are very pretty!! Congrats!

I went to Costco last night and besides what we needed, I made a couple of impulse purchases too. Not a great as yours but nice none the less. I got DH a very nice, warm plaid flannel shirt and got me a pair of PJs. I really couldn't afford it, but what the heck. We need to treat ourselves sometimes, don't we?

Now I just need to go Goodwill and find some hippie clothes for halloween! My team at work is going to dress up as hippies and I need the clothes and a long haired wig.

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

No, not Christmas. Just doing something nice for myself. I've always wanted a birthstone ring, and other than a few choice pieces (wedding sets) which I inherited from my Mom and Grandmother, most of my jewelery is just cheap costume stuff.

This was a good purchase! I feel good about it and don't regret it at all. When I feel that I know it was the right thing. If I had had any type of hesitation I would have passed on it.

I tried on a few different rings and got the opinion of other staff and customers and it was unanimous that the oval stone suited my hand better than the emerald cut square one. The square one was the first one that I picked out.
Good on you! Don't forget to post pics when you do get it home!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! I'm really excited about it!!

I definitely will take a picture of me wearing it so that you can see! I'll start growing out my nails!!