Calico Models

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Earl got a new lens for shooting concerts. Tamron 70-200mm, 2.8 aperture lens for Canon. He's upgrading to the new 7D as soon as it comes in to the stores again, but since we have the 1st generation Canon Rebel he could play with the lens before getting the new camera.

Of course, there aren't any concerts he's shooting right now so he did some test shots of the furry models who were around - Ginger Cookie and Annie. The Calicos made very good models tonight. Tomorrow we'll see who's around when the light is better.

They are pretty grainy because a) they were shot with an old(er) camera and b) there's no natural light at 10:00 at night. These were taken without flash, and I touched them up a bit in Photoshop, but not much. It's a really good lens!

First up - Ginger Cookie!

This is closer to the actual size/clarity that the lens brought out. This is cropped to the upload size from the original.

Second model - Annie!

Earl liked this one - he thought it captured the essence of Annie's cattitude.

Again, cropped to the upload size on Photobucket. Even though the full picture looked really good at a reduced percentage, when you look at it full size it's just slightly out of focus.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh are those gorgeous photos! Like I have the first clue about cameras - that could have been martian for all I know.
But I sure like the results - Earl's got to be happy - right?

...and of course a gorgeous model!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Look at that little fluffy face Ginger Cookie has.

I
fluffy faces.
She's definitely got a fluffy face! Her fur is on the longish side of short haired cats, and really soft like a bunny.

Originally Posted by LDG

Oh are those gorgeous photos! Like I have the first clue about cameras - that could have been martian for all I know.
But I sure like the results - Earl's got to be happy - right?

...and of course a gorgeous model!
Oh, Earl is quite happy.
He wasn't too picky about the models, it was whoever came up into a place where he could focus the camera.

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I really like this portrait

Cute kitties.
Thanks! He actually got a monopod (like a tripod, but with just one leg) and he turned the camera to do a portrait shot (as opposed to landscape) and Annie was quite enthralled with the end of the monopod. It is a really good picture of her!

Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Ginger Cookie and Annie are top-notch calico girl models! They are so beautiful. Great pictures, especially the close-ups.
Thank you! I think they are beautiful, but I know I'm biased.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, Heidi - you may be biased - but they are both gorgeous young girls!!!!!!!!!!!! And I, too, am loving the close-ups! Gary even gasped at one of them!
(That usually only happens with B&W kitties !!!! )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, speaking of black and white kitties
he actually let me play with the new lens and my camera and I found Miss Ophelia being her little top-model self. She always used to be my little model, but has been pretty camera shy recently.

Surprisingly, our first shot:

Looking pretty:

"Hey, what's that??"

Then she got bored with the photoshoot, but I was glad I had the camera up and focused for these!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That last one is great, LOL! Looks very halloween-y! Reminds me of moms saying "don't do that or your face will get stuck that way."

Great pics!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love how their little noses scrunch up when they yawn
Great pics!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your girls are gorgeous, Heidi.
Now we need some pics of handsome Trent.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, they are sooooo pretty. I just love soft light photos, and those are great.

The D7 is gonna be so nice. I've had the 5DMkII for about 2 months, and I'm still learning my way around it. It's almost magical compared to my old Nikon.