Kitties in the toy box!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Krysta's thread was so funny, I figured - there must be a lot of pics of cats in the toy box out there! I didn't want to hijack her thread (http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205731)

...but if you have pictures of kitties in the toy box, please share!

Flowerbelle didn't bother to take any of the toys out. She was just discovering toys - and it was like heaven!

...she then passed out in the box:
[size=-2]We don't leave the toys with any kind of string out - we didn't want to disturb her and kept an eye on the situation[/size]

...of course, after that, Shelly had to give it a try - but being all growed up, he wasn't quite as comfortable.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, a little goopy eye on Flowerbelle? Poor sweetie.
She must have had a lot of fun playing to just pass out in the box.

I have some spare toys stashed in a box much too small for any of the cats to really get into - and it's stuffed full. The other "toy box" is the floor, half the toys are strung throughout the house.

Kitties really do love to sleep anywhere. Less than 5 minutes after pulling my power supply out of the box it was shipped in Tomas was trying to claim the box for himself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a lot more than a goopy eye.
It's a very bad manifestation of the herpes virus. Both of her eyes were glued shut when rescued, and the vet was surprised the one came out so well. Actually, she'd been home a while when that pic was taken - that sometime late in 2003. She came home the last day of August 2003. She came home after about three weeks or so in the hospital when first rescued. She was real bad off. We fought for months to keep that eye, but in the end we had to have that eye removed. Here's a little background: Happy Gotcha Day Flowerbelle!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my mind, Flowerbelle is still the same size as she was in the toybox.
I don't know why. All of your other kitties grew up except for her.
Such cute pics of Flowerbelle and Shelly!

We don't have a toybox, unless you consider the whole house to be their toybox. We keep the string toys put away elsewhere, but for the rest of the toys it's fair game.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well she's still an adorable little cat. Some may put too much stock in how an animal or person looks - if it's less than perfect that something is wrong with it. But it's the animal (or person) itself that matters most. Luckily animals have no hangups about how they look. As long as she's happy and healthier now.

I should have taken and shared pictures of Siri before she healed. She had a sore on her face, bald spots/bald back legs, and bumps on her ears and nose. She seemed to flare up overnight when the mosquitoes got bad - so I caught and stuffed her in a carrier to be taken to the vet. Her fur has regrown some, and while she'll never be a cat that could win prizes with her looks - she's the cutest kitty with a great personality.

I can only guess her former owners tossed her out due to her skin issues looking like something bad - they'd already went through the trouble to spay her.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, this'll be a sidebar to the toybox theme (...and Heidi, I do know what you mean. It's just that in the RV we really need a place to kind of corral the toys - especially when we vacuum
)... but Heidi - I think you're right in one sense. Flowerbelle got a bit bigger, and her energy levels (after getting better they went off the charts!) have gotten mellower... but she's still that grateful-to-be-alive purring - yet dainty little girl - who loves to demonstrate her love by sleeping on us and giving us kitty kisses - and is just so charming even when sticking her paw in our faces or eyes (Oh - the herpes virus got to her ears, and she's deaf).

She is really such a doll!

Sidebar photos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v335/gmglag/?action=view&current=Flowerbelleinkitchen070514.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...current=_resizedFlowerbellecleaning061001.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v335/gmglag/?action=view&current=photoFlowerbelleSep2005.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...rent=resizedFlowerbellelookingatcam050415.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...nt=resizedFlowerbelleprowlingontree050422.jpg

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flowerbelle is adorable! And I love the kitties in the toy box pictures
!

Maia actually has a toy bowl........

Shes actually on top of all her toys!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love the pics!

I used to have a big vase that I kept their toys in, but the vase got too small and one day the cats knocked it over trying to retrieve a toy and broke it.

So now I have a toy closet, and if you remember a post I made a while back, Pinky broke into that closet one day and got himself caught in the handles of a bag, then ripped my surgical incision open when I tried to free him of that bag. The door has been reinforced.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Flowerbelle is adorable in her bed/playground! She is the cutest little girl. Shelly looks a tad grumpy, though. "Hm, this is not as comfy as Flowerbelle made it look."

cheylink, that picture of Maia all twisted up in her bowl never fails to crack me up.

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I keep all string toys put away when not in use. Her toybox is also put away so I can rotate toys and keep things interesting. She'll spend hours with a new toy. However, her favorite is a pink foam ball that I have confiscated out of the dogs mouth on more than one occasion. I don't think I'll ever rotate that one out...she loves it too much.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time, we had a normal amount of toys and they fit in a little wicker basket. Once upon a time, my babies were teeny enough to fit in that little tiny basket. They both dumped it out and used it as a bed on occasion.

Delilah:

Not in the basket, but I love this picture because she's sooo teeny. The toys are supposed to be in the basket, which is just out of the picture:

Toys out, kitty in:

Belle:

"WHAT? I didn't do nothin!"

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

In my mind, Flowerbelle is still the same size as she was in the toybox.
I don't know why. All of your other kitties grew up except for her.
Another I know why this seems true to us to: this morning she was chasing dancing sunlight and various shadows.

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

great toy box/bowl pics.

What do you mean Billy isn't comfy? He looks comfy to me
I was going to say something about you must be a glass-is-half full kind of person, being optimistic in that assessment - but really, it's an issue of the glass - er - toy box being over-full!

Originally Posted by myfamiliars

cheylink, that picture of Maia all twisted up in her bowl never fails to crack me up.
It is SUCH a great photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey - those are tooooooo adorable! But one has to ask - why such a small toy basket?

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Stacey - those are tooooooo adorable! But one has to ask - why such a small toy basket?
We had only had the girls a week or two when those photos were taken. Most of the toys were leftovers from Zoey...who never really played with toys other than her fishing rod. We quickly accumulated more toys, and the basket had to be replaced by a larger plastic bin. That wicker basket is now a end table "junk" basket. That said, my girls don't really play with toys. Belle likes to play fetch with her favourite mouse. But usually, it's a piece of plastic or paper, or some other random object (ie. we have a piece of trim that is not attached to the wall - about 3 inches long...Belle plays soccer with it regularly) that gets them going.

I forgot to mention that I love the pics of Flowerbelle and Shelley in the toy bin. Flowerbelle passed out!
And the one of Maia, I have seen before, and I always wonder how long she stayed like that....it doesn't LOOK very comfortable, but cats seem to have different ideas of comfortable!