My cat likes to run outside, and roll over on the front porch and concrete.

howard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to be afraid she would runaway, but she just likes to roll over and put her scent on the front porch and concrete around the house.

I still don't trust her though.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my cats love to go outside, especially in the summer and early fall. I guess so many intriquing smells and the warm concrete attracts them. She may get out of this come winter....but she may now. You may want to invest in a harness and take her outside supervised for a little bit each day so she can get her "fix". Mine just run free, but we live at the end of a dirt road so traffic (my main fear) really isn't an issue.

One question though...she is spayed, right? If not, she could be putting her scent out there to attract a mate. If she is, then I'm guessing she's just enjoying her time outside.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats love rolling on concrete, it's the first thing they do when going out (harnessed).

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Howard

I used to be afraid she would runaway, but she just likes to roll over and put her scent on the front porch and concrete around the house.

I still don't trust her though.
Some kitties have little quirks like this....Maia loves to sit outside the back door and watch me water the plants or garden......... I don't ever let her out of my sight though.

denali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats are indoor cats but are allowed in the totally enclosed backyard. Most of the time they love rolling around on the concrete or in the mud. I think they are scratching their backs and getting cooled off as well. I think this is normal behaviour. Just like eating grass.....first thing my cats run for when let outside