Can You Help Me With A Few Questions I Have...?

little_bear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is everybody doing today? I'm pretty good. I am new to these forums
And so you kind of have an idea of who you are talking to, I am Frankie and I am 19 years old and I love cats more than anything else in this world! My cats name is Little bear because her face looked kind of like a teddy bear and my favorite cartoon when I was a kid was called "Little Beat". Now, she isint so little. She was born on April 15th 2008 and I got her in the beginning of July.
I was always able to keep her bowls filled with ice water and food. (yup yup, my little bear always has some nice cold water to drink

She is a California girl but we moved back home to Chicago. When we got here my sister that was still out here is a vet-tech so she tested her for AIDS/HIV, & Feluke. And got her fixed
SHE IS A VERY HEALTHY GIRL!!!!!!
So on to my questions....
Since bear has gotten fixed she has been eating all the time. Like everytime she wakes up she goes right to her food, she uses the potty, then eats, she'll eat then eat more!
I have stopped leaving food in her dish and give her very small portions a few times a day. But she still gets her ice water

I dont have much money so I usually feed her cheap food but not totally crap! I know better and besides my sisters would not let me feed her any crap

How much food should I feed her and how many times a day? I dont know exactly how much she weighs but she is a year and a half old, but she seems average size?
Here are some pictures of my baby bear!

ISINT SHE SUCH A CUTIE?!!?!?!?!?!

Thanks in advance for any advice that may help.

Peace, Frankie.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is sure cute...

I would ask your sister about worms... and if she was wormed twice ?? Many vets want to see an animal before even giving a wormer

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What brand are you feeding?

Cats actually eat less of the more expensive grain free food so the price does even out. Wet food pays for itself over time with less vet visits also.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The best foods are the ones with the most real meat in them. You can tell that from the ingredients list.

And wet foods, while less convenient for you, are closer to what cats eat in the wild and are much less likely to lead to obesity.

We have some real experts here on food.

However, having said all of that, I have to say that I have known cats who lived a long healthy life eating cheap food. Anything, after all , is better than being on the street.

And speaking of that...keeping Little Bear indoors is probably the single best thing you can do to assure her a long and healthy life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

little_bear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to ask my sis. but in the mean time, you know how dogs you feed like maybe a quarter cup twice a day or so? You think it would be good to feed little bear on a scheduel like that? but how much food and how often?

Thanks, Frankie.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by little_bear

You think it would be good to feed little bear on a scheduel like that? but how much food and how often?

Thanks, Frankie.
Hi, Frankie. She is a beautiful girl.

The amount you feed per day is dependant on several things.

*What brand are you feeding now? Canned or dry?

*There is a "suggested feeding guide" on most pet food labels that you can use as a starting point. She may require more or less depending on her metabolism and activity level.

Post what brand you are feeding, how much and how often so others can help from there.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Six months roughly twice the amount of an adult...ie if can say s 1oz to lb of body weight try to give her two and how much does she weigh