Pink

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My favourite crayon.

I'm so sorry honey, I was so looking forward to watching you grow up.

It's all my fault, I'm so so sorry.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, no!!! This is so much not what I wanted to hear!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish this was different. Kittens can die because of fleas/flea bites when they are this age. It wouldn't surprise me if it was because of that.
I hope you get Mango checked out ASAP. Pink

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I wish this was different. Kittens can die because of fleas/flea bites when they are this age. It wouldn't surprise me if it was because of that.
I hope you get Mango checked out ASAP. Pink
I think you're right, I think she had far more then I realized. I should have made more time to care for them and have noticed! Or it may have been something more. It's not like she became tiny over a day or two, she just NEVER grew so I didn't notice until Mango really started to fill out. There may have been something much more wrong with her. I should have taken her to a rescue a week ago, obviously she needed extra help I couldn't provide. I feel so, so terrible.

She has a really nice spot outside my window here, under the honey-suckle, beside my beloved Buster.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't be too hard on yourself. I have seen a lot of kittens & young cats not make it. I think they are just to sweet to have to suffer the cruelty of this world so they are taken over the bridge to remain sweet & innocent forever.

R.I.P. Pink, play happily over the bridge.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to read the news about little Pink. You did everything you knew how, just by taking in Peaches in the first place was above and beyond. Know that you gave her love in her short life, so important and often underestimated in value.

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Pink. I followed your thread on the other forum and was quite saddened to hear of her passing. I actually cried this morning reading your post. My heart goes out to you.

I don't want to sound callous, but all day all I wanted to do was come home and snuggle my kittens. I can only try to understand how bad you feel. I look at my three babies and my heart would shatter if one of them passed.

If you would like to talk, please feel free to pm me. I know I haven't been on these forums for all that long but I am willing to lend an ear if you need one.

PS..
I am sure Pink is happy with the honeysuckle. We lost one of Jesse's kittens at 2 days old. She is resting near my pepper patch (that is where I spend most of my gardening time).

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's not that a value one life over another, but I always hope, when I see a name on the forum homepage leading to this forum, that the name match is just a coincidence and it's not the cat/kitten that I know by that name who has passed. I saw the name "Pink" and hoped not to click on the thread and find that it was from you.

I have no idea what happened (I will look for your previous thread once I'm done posting here), but I'm very sorry. Try not to blame yourself. Even if you did nothing right (which I know you did), you did more than anyone else did for Peaches and her babies. You gave pink a warm, loving home since she was born. She may not have made it, but she knew love in the short time she was here.

Rest in peace, little pink!

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was also following the story of Pink. I'm so sorry for your loss...

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't come here often to the RB, I just get too emotional, but I had to here.
Please do not beat yourself up over this, you did what you thought best, and that's all any of us can do.
I dont think any one of us here does not have a story where we should have, could have, maybe possibly have... and we cry, we second guess ourselves, we take the world onto us in these times.
Your little girl was absolutly loved by you, and that to me is a gift, the greatest gift any being can have, and have given. She had that from you, and she knew that.
Goodbye little one to the land where blowdriers freak out the other cats, you will be a Goddess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You guys have kept me crying all day long (in a good way) thanks for your beautiful words.

Pink just never grew properly, I was so crazy busy with everything else around here I didn't notice until a day or two ago how much smaller she was then her brother. Once I weighed her yesterday and realized how small she was I tried to get her to the vet but we just couldn't get there before they closed
. I don't think I will ever stop feeling guilty over her. I know neither her nor Mango would have survived being born in that cow barn, but some how even that doesn't make me feel better.

I just miss her so much!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Losing Pink is a terrible loss, but at least she left this world knowing that she had a name & a person who loved her very, very much. And someday, you will be reunited again, this time forever
You have given her so much, bless you for all that you did for that precious kitty family

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, I am honestly in tears right now. I just found the thread about Pink in the other forum and wondered why it was locked. I hoped and prayed it wasn't because of this. I am SO, SO sorry.

Don't beat yourself up over this. Some kittens just don't make it. As someone else said, we all have "should have, could have" stories in our past. What you have to concentrate on is the fact that Pink knew what love and safety was in her short life. Without you, she never would have known that.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just coming back to TCS, and have not had time to catch up on old members or new ones. I don't know much about you, or precious Pink. But even without knowing the story it is obvious this baby girl was dearly loved. My heart goes out to you.