Not sure what to think

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a tubal ligation Sept 2001 after 3 children,now heres the part i am confused about.
I have been with my boyfriend now for 6 years and about a year ago we started taking about getting my tubal reversed but it is an expensive procedure so we were not rushing into it(seeing as though that money can get us out of debt and pay bills).
The past week i have had 4 dreams with the same elderly lady in it(different places and circumstances)telling me i am pregnant and i keep saying i can not be because i have my tubes tied and she said it does not matter.....My period was due Oct 3 and still nothing.Do you think the dreams can be true?I am not nauseous(yet i only had morning sickness with my first),I have had a few dizzy spells,In my heart i really think i maybe pregnant......I am going to wait until next week after thanksgiving to take the pregnancy test just to make sure i give myself enough time for it to maybe show up.
My boyfriend is well aware of my dreams and my lateness and he is anxious to find out too,He said he would be ecstatic if i was but he is not getting his hopes up either just in case.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if it would be a good thing to hope for - yet. You'd have a high chance of it being ectopic which would be dangerous.
iirc ectopics can be missed on some home tests, so you may want to schedule a doctor appointment if your test comes up negative but you don't get your period.

That there's nothing serious to worry about.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm not sure if it would be a good thing to hope for - yet. You'd have a high chance of it being ectopic which would be dangerous.
iirc ectopics can be missed on some home tests, so you may want to schedule a doctor appointment if your test comes up negative but you don't get your period.

You took the words out of my mouth. A woman I used to work with had an ectopic pregnancy a decade after her tubal ligation. I'd definitely have a doctor take a look asap.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That you are pregnant and healthy.

But just be cautious. These dreams could just be a manifest of your desire to become pregnant and it is not uncommon for women to miss their periods due to stress and emotions.

If it turns out not to be, I say go for getting the reversal procedure done and try again the old fashioned way. It sounds like it's what you really want to do.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Originally Posted by jcat

You took the words out of my mouth. A woman I used to work with had an ectopic pregnancy a decade after her tubal ligation. I'd definitely have a doctor take a look asap.
You should take a pregnancy test now rather than later, or have the blood test performed, which will be more accurate.

Hopefully all is well, but if it is an ectopic pregnancy (which you are at a higher risk of), then it is dangerous for you to wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was going to buy a home test and i can not see my doctor until middle of next week since it is thanksgiving Monday.We are excited but yet we also realize that it may not be and if it is then it is high risk.
We really want the reversal but realize $4000 in one shot is a decent amount.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about taking the test.If you are, you need to make sure it is not an ectopic pg.That would put you in danger.Better to be safe,than sorry.
Good luck!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since most say its a high risk possibility - I'd forgo the home preg test and make an appointment with the OB/GYN doctor and tell them about the tubal ligation.