Cas and Ghost

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of you here know that I have a foster cat that is very fearful... and I have the bite marks to prove it.

Casper has his own room; he is fearful of the other kitties. I thought that little by little if I bring the cats around to meet him, it would help. It really hasn't.

But sweet little Ghost - my darling little blue eyed baby - he wants to befriend Cas in the worst way. Cas seems to sooooort of tooollerate Ghost being in the room. He will eat treats. He even walked past him, and at one point sniffed Ghost's butt, hissed and ran away.

We had a little breakthrough today.

Cas retreated to one of his hiding spots... he could still see Ghost. Ghost played and played with Cas' toys and knocked himself out and fell asleep on the floor. When I peeked at Cas - he was curled up and asleep too!!
They were both snoozing about 8 feet apart -within eye-shot of each other.

However- Ghost woke up and tried to approach Cas - he got hissed at big time...

Oh well.. baby steps, baby steps.

Tonight I heard Ghostie trilling and calling. When i went to see, he was rolling around outside of the door of Cas' room. I don't think Cas was responding. Maybe G can win him over. We shall see.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well it sounds like if any cat is going to win over Casper, it's going to be Ghost! What a cat loving kitty!
Billy needed Ghost.
Billy loves other cats - and our crew thought he was nuts.

Casper is a foster, right? (I mean in the sense that you actually plan to adopt him out
). Maybe he just needs to be an alone kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Well it sounds like if any cat is going to win over Casper, it's going to be Ghost! What a cat loving kitty!
Billy needed Ghost.
Billy loves other cats - and our crew thought he was nuts.

Casper is a foster, right? (I mean in the sense that you actually plan to adopt him out
). Maybe he just needs to be an alone kitty?
Yes - they are all fosters. I cannot keep any of them, as much as I would LOVE to.

Yes I have thought of that - but as you know - it is much more difficult to adopt out a cat that doesn't get along with other felines. So if there is some way to desensitize him, I am going to try to give him a better shot at finding a home.