Pregnancy tests

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had the silliest dream where pregnancy test for humans was used to see if a female cat is pregnant..It made me wonder, would that really work?
Is there similar products for cats? If not, someone could get rich by making one.

Seems like the excitement is appearing into my dreams, it's almost 3 weeks since Kuura had a girlfriend over and I'm just dying to hear if the mating was succesful.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that'd be awesome if there was, it'd deff save a lot of people time of wondering, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

How are you going to get the cat to pee on the stick though
??
In the dream the female's owners put the stick under the cat's butt while she was peeing in her litter box.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems strangely logical and I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work... Time to go take some Biochem classes so I can be Rich!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

It seems strangely logical and I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work... Time to go take some Biochem classes so I can be Rich!
Great, let us know when you make it work and get rich!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, you may be on to something.... I saw this show on Animal Planet where this guy has wolves, and they test the wolves for pregnancy with preg tests for humans. The tranq'ed the wolves, and retrieved a urine sample by putting a needle in their bladder, through their abdomen.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

You know, you may be on to something.... I saw this show on Animal Planet where this guy has wolves, and they test the wolves for pregnancy with preg tests for humans. The tranq'ed the wolves, and retrieved a urine sample by putting a needle in their bladder, through their abdomen.
Really?
Hmm..someone should test it. Anyone here has a pregnant female and one that isn't?

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate to sound like the party-pooper, but pregnancy tests ONLY test for a hormone present in pregnant women. The name of the hormone is human chorionic gonadotropin or hCG. I highly doubt that a cat would have the hormone necessary to show a positive result. I would love to test it out, I have no pregnant girls ATM, but I think I would be proven wrong.

I don't think that with many animals there is a single hormone that would detect a pregnancy as these cats have many types rushing throughout their bodies depending on if they were just in heat, time of ovulation and time of egg implantation.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatKisses

Originally Posted by skewch

I hate to sound like the party-pooper, but pregnancy tests ONLY test for a hormone present in pregnant women. The name of the hormone is human chorionic gonadotropin or hCG. I highly doubt that a cat would have the hormone necessary to show a positive result. I would love to test it out, I have no pregnant girls ATM, but I think I would be proven wrong.

I don't think that with many animals there is a single hormone that would detect a pregnancy as these cats have many types rushing throughout their bodies depending on if they were just in heat, time of ovulation and time of egg implantation.
Maybe the show KatKisses saw was made of werewolves..