TheCatSite.com › Forums › Cat Breeds, Breeding and Showing › Showing and Ethical Breeding › Hickory, NC show this weekend
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hickory, NC show this weekend

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
We've got 4 cats entered including the Singapura, Firecracker. That's 3 in alter class and 1 bengal in kitten class. Both Teri and I are going, so we should be able to handle 4 cats together at the showhall. However we are both still debating about leaving one bengal behind.

The show is supposed to be fun, not work. 4 cats might constitute work.

The showhall and hotel are one in the same, so maybe 4 would be ok with Firecracker staying in his breeders room until we depart on Sunday afternoon.

I dunno...on the fence. Hate to lose entry fees, but don't want drama.

What to do?
post #2 of 15
take them

Top Cat is going to have to share a hotel room with another kitten. The owner and I will probably have to separate them.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
take them

Top Cat is going to have to share a hotel room with another kitten. The owner and I will probably have to separate them.
I want to take them all, but I also want to make it an enjoyable trip for us.

It'll probably be a last minute decision. Secret Agent Man needs a bath, he looks a bit greasy. Jack is going for sure, so it's either Tuscany or the boy who needs a bath to stay home.

48 hours to decide.
post #4 of 15
Bring a few extra large carriers/tents, etc to house them in the cage. You shouldn't have any problems with 4 cats and 2 people.
post #5 of 15
Good Luck at the show.
Jerrie Wolfe had 4 kittens and 2 cats at last weekends show.
She and her husband were there by themselves.
Another lady had 5 cats and she was alone the first day.
It is not fun with alot of cats.
post #6 of 15
Whatever you plan to do, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 15
That's not too far away from me, LOL...but I'll be at a cookout for my local motorcycle rights group chapter meeting in Mocksville on Saturday.

Will you be getting there on Friday during the day?
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals View Post


I want to take them all, but I also want to make it an enjoyable trip for us.

It'll probably be a last minute decision. Secret Agent Man needs a bath, he looks a bit greasy. Jack is going for sure, so it's either Tuscany or the boy who needs a bath to stay home.

48 hours to decide.

bring Tuscany! bring Tuscany! I haven't seen her since she was a wee show kitten.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mews2much View Post
Good Luck at the show.
Jerrie Wolfe had 4 kittens and 2 cats at last weekends show.
She and her husband were there by themselves.
Another lady had 5 cats and she was alone the first day.
It is not fun with alot of cats.
5 or 6 is nothing - here it is common to see exhibitors with 11-12 cats per show!!
post #10 of 15
Wow Sam that is alot.
post #11 of 15
Good luck for whoever you end up taking

I'd leave bath boy home, but I don't bath my cats for shows so that's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
5 or 6 is nothing - here it is common to see exhibitors with 11-12 cats per show!!
Yes but our shows are much easier with cats being judged in the same cage as they are benched.
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
That's not too far away from me, LOL...but I'll be at a cookout for my local motorcycle rights group chapter meeting in Mocksville on Saturday.

Will you be getting there on Friday during the day?
Yes, getting there friday afternoon. As of now, not sure exactly what time.
Can you stop by on Sunday? The show ends about 4 pm.

Teri and I have decided to leave Tuscany at home for this one. She'll go to Jamestown or Raleigh, if she doesn't have a new home by then.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals View Post
Yes, getting there friday afternoon. As of now, not sure exactly what time.
Can you stop by on Sunday? The show ends about 4 pm.

Teri and I have decided to leave Tuscany at home for this one. She'll go to Jamestown or Raleigh, if she doesn't have a new home by then.
Rats!!! I wanted to see Tuscany. Now I may go to Jamestown this year, but I'll have to see.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals View Post
Yes, getting there friday afternoon. As of now, not sure exactly what time.
Can you stop by on Sunday? The show ends about 4 pm.

Teri and I have decided to leave Tuscany at home for this one. She'll go to Jamestown or Raleigh, if she doesn't have a new home by then.
Sunday is a MAYBE. I'll see what's going on and if I can get out that way or not.
post #15 of 15
1 cat or 6, it's all the same to me...at the end, I'm still exhausted! 8 cats on the other hand is a no no!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Cat Breeds, Breeding and Showing › Showing and Ethical Breeding › Hickory, NC show this weekend