Talkes in her sleep

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night I heard Ellie squealing and was sure that I was going to have to break up a George/Ellie squabble. All he has to do is look at her wrong and she squeals! I started to get out of bed - only to find her sound asleep at the foot of the bed! In between her snoring, she's now "talking" in her sleep!!
I'm sure she's reliving the tumbles she's had with George - he's been doing a lot of stalking and pouncing lately!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you wish you could understand cat and find out what she was dreaming about?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her little feet weren't moving so I know she wasn't running!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one that makes suckling noises and motions like a kitten... and another who often growls in his sleep. The growling always spooks the other cats.

My eldest cat, Sho, used to snore. It was a side effect of him being slightly overweight. I got him to lose some weight and the snoring stopped - he still breathes heavy, though.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou "talks" in his sleep as well and he makes kneading motions and sometimes his legs jerk.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ku Ku talks in her sleeps, snores a lot(sleeping right next to me & doing it now, lol), also grinds teeth. Her paws often move around as if chasing or pouncing something. Soooo cute

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! Both my cats twitch their paws & whiskers in their sleep. I often wonder what they are dreaming about. Newt snores sometimes, always makes me laugh! I've not heard them squeal in their sleep though, poor Ellie! Do you think she was having a nightmare?

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chinacat

Hello! Both my cats twitch their paws & whiskers in their sleep. I often wonder what they are dreaming about. Newt snores sometimes, always makes me laugh! I've not heard them squeal in their sleep though, poor Ellie! Do you think she was having a nightmare?
I think it was the day that George was a huge stalker so she was probably reliving the whole incident! She does snort thoughout the day tho - last night she was behind me and I heard some funny noises. I thought she was sound a sleep but no, she was wide awake looking out the window. But funny, as soon as she realized I was looking at her, the snorting stopped!

foofy cat lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Off topic, but how did your cat end up being named George? I have a George who looks just like your George. We named him George 'cause my roomie had another cat who looked just like him.. Named George.

What's with orange cats named George?

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Foofy Cat Lady

Off topic, but how did your cat end up being named George? I have a George who looks just like your George. We named him George 'cause my roomie had another cat who looked just like him.. Named George.

What's with orange cats named George?
When I adopted him from the Humane Society his name was Rascal. Well, that didn't fit him!! He was much too regal looking for a "cute" name - and he wasn't much of a rascal (somedays I want to reverse that decision - and there are a few other choice names I could call him!!). After thinking of several names, George is the one that stuck.

lvh01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tetley snores rather loudly when he sleeps hahaha. I mistook him for my husband one night, he was making so much noise! :p He also twitches his tail and feet occasionally when he's dreaming. I guess he's catching mice.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lvh01

Tetley snores rather loudly when he sleeps hahaha. I mistook him for my husband one night, he was making so much noise! :p He also twitches his tail and feet occasionally when he's dreaming. I guess he's catching mice.
One of our family cat(RIP) snored very loud, we all thought that was grandma where her bedroom was right next to where our cats were

tiffyrn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes Angus smushes his nose so firmly up against his legs that he he creates snoring by essentially obstructing his own nose. My husband will hear him over the TV when Angus is laying in my lap while we watch TV.