The Whatcha' Doing thread

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Whatcha Doin'?
I wanted to create a thread where we can post simple, short messages saying what we are doing, any time of the day (or night), whenever we feel like... Kind of our own version of Twitter

So, Whatcha Doin'?

yum yum having dinner... yum yum...

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi

Relaxing on the couch. One cat is napping on it, the other is looking out the door.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Listening to Taylor Swift right now and watching her videos over and over

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm listening to the newest album of Breaking Benjamin on Napster... pretty good.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm freezing my butt off, the arriving of autumn/winter has become reality too soon once again.

Just made a huge order of food and litter for the kitties, bye bye money..

Now I'm trying to download some pics that I took of Kuura's "girlfriend", seems like I had the camera's settings all wrong and the pics look horrible.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sketching right now and it is so much fun..I just did my very first sketch and I am so proud of it! I uploaded it to show it to my friend so I will post on here since I have the URL handy (i'm boasting just a little
)
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/DSC05266.jpg

I can't believe it actually looks like an eye!! I'm so proud of myself ..I've never sketched before.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I am sketching right now and it is so much fun..I just did my very first sketch and I am so proud of it! I uploaded it to show it to my friend so I will post on here since I have the URL handy (i'm boasting just a little
)
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/DSC05266.jpg

I can't believe it actually looks like an eye!! I'm so proud of myself ..I've never sketched before.
The secret to drawing realistic looking eyes - don't draw an outline for the lids (especially the bottom), shade it in. Also the iris does not touch the bottom lid when you draw an eye unless the eye is partially closed. Have you had any art classes? If not, you could check out drawing books from your local library for a lot of pointers. You have a good start already - probably an eye for detail + good fine motor skills. I'd love to see what happens if you fine tune it and practice!

I'm not really doing much of anything. I've been painting a lot lately and will be going back to doing that shortly. Even though it's killing my neck - I had a knot it in today, from painting yesterday, that was bad enough to make me very lightheaded and nauseous if I moved my head wrong.

I had to put an old computer back together a couple hours ago since 20 hours with no computer started to bother me a bit. Though I'm busy with something else I like knowing that I can go look something up if I need to - I'm addicted to instant information.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

The secret to drawing realistic looking eyes - don't draw an outline for the lids (especially the bottom), shade it in. Also the iris does not touch the bottom lid when you draw an eye unless the eye is partially closed. Have you had any art classes? If not, you could check out drawing books from your local library for a lot of pointers. You have a good start already - probably an eye for detail + good fine motor skills. I'd love to see what happens if you fine tune it and practice!

I'm not really doing much of anything. I've been painting a lot lately and will be going back to doing that shortly. Even though it's killing my neck - I had a knot it in today, from painting yesterday, that was bad enough to make me very lightheaded and nauseous if I moved my head wrong.

I had to put an old computer back together a couple hours ago since 20 hours with no computer started to bother me a bit. Though I'm busy with something else I like knowing that I can go look something up if I need to - I'm addicted to instant information.
Thanks! I've never taken any art classes but I think I will check out some books because I think it will help a lot. I've really been into stage make up and halloween make up lately so that requires a lot of highlighting and contouring if you try to make your face look like a cat's for example and change the natural contours of the face...So that made me pay more attention on where the light hits objects and such...And since using a pencil is much cheaper than buying stage make up and is still a challenge I decided to try it...I am excited at having found a new fun thing to do at which I don't fail miserably

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Thanks! I've never taken any art classes but I think I will check out some books because I think it will help a lot. I've really been into stage make up and halloween make up lately so that requires a lot of highlighting and contouring if you try to make your face look like a cat's for example and change the natural contours of the face...So that made me pay more attention on where the light hits objects and such...And since using a pencil is much cheaper than buying stage make up and is still a challenge I decided to try it...I am excited at having found a new fun thing to do at which I don't fail miserably
After you draw a while try getting a small set of prisma color pencils (they have some of the best pigment + soft lead), or if you want even more flexibility get a small pad of water color paper for $3-4 and a medium grade set of tube water colors (again you need at least half way decent quality to get good color). That will let you experiment with color and let you blend some.

I hope you take to this hobby and keep at it. I look forward to seeing any future work you decide to share on here.
And you can't fail at this. If something looks bad, toss it out and try again!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I will take it up as a hobby, I NEED a distraction from drama in my life pretty desperately .. And it turns out it works because last night I spent only 30-40 minutes drawing and just an eye and already I feel less on edge

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from Ikea to help a friend shop for furniture and now I'm trying to get in the mood for studying..