Rat Intros

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I decided to introduce Armin,my young dumbo to Ronnie,my foster rat (who BTW I will be adopting...just need to make it official).Intros went well instantly! I was impressed,seeing as normally intros are not so smooth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.I will get more pictures soon!

Originally Posted by Milk maid

Pretty rats but how do they get on with the cats?
Actually the cats don't bother the rats.I have had rats well over 10 yrs,so way before the kitties.The kitties grew up around the rats and learned the rats are not prey.Also the rats were quick to show the cats who were boss and would attack the cats through the cage.The cats avoid the cage now and don't bother the rats at all when I have them out.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

What cuties!Just curious, which is which?
Thank you.Armin is the Siamese and Ronnie is the hooded.I am uploading more pictures now in a moment.Armin has his points in now!

mtbee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the willies looking at their pics (used to work in a barn with gutter rats) but your two babies are really cute! I think I could actually be ok holding one of them!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MTBee

I got the willies looking at their pics (used to work in a barn with gutter rats) but your two babies are really cute! I think I could actually be ok holding one of them!
Awww,these guys are not like the wild rats.These guys love human attention and are friendly and affectionate.They are also less likely to bite then hamsters.I just got two more babies a couple nights ago,they are rexes (have curly fur and whiskers).