Question Of The Day - Wednesday, October 7th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! It looks like it's going to be one of those gorgeous, sunny and blue skied autumn days! This is my favorite time of year. We've had a couple of frosts, and the trees are starting to turn. I need to charge up the battery on my camera, and get out and take some pictures!

Here's today's QOTD!

Do you decorate for the holidays? Everthing, like Halloween, Easter, Valentine's day, as well as Christmas? Or do you only decorate for Christmas?

I used to decorate for Christmas, but after my both of my grandma's passed away, I stopped doing it. I kind of blame it on the kitties. Maggie is "Demon Destruct-O cat", and chews on any cord that she gets access to. The first year I had Cleo, every time I turned around, she was climbing the Christmas tree, and chewing on the branches. I finally just packed it all away, and admitted defeat.

Now my decorating constists of hanging a wreath or swag on the front door, that changes with the seasons. Yeah, I'm boring....

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I decorate for halloween & christmas normally but now I've got a toddler so we'll be decorating for EVERYTHING? "Talk Like a Pirate Day" next year? Full on holiday...

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't decorate at all...I LOVE Halloween,but am rarely here to enjoy the decorations,so I don't decorate.I don't decorate for Christmas,because I spend it with family who decorate like crazy and well I don't celebrate Easter,Thanksgiving or those things.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I decorate for Christmas, a bit for Fall in general (Halloween & Thanksgiving combined) and a bit for Easter. It's just DH and I so decorating is usually just a few things.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let see...

I ´ll do it for halloween, Christmass and sometimes for our birthdays....

I wished have the time for make it for spring, summer autumn & our Patriot Month...

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just Halloween and Christmas.

Josh and I have never had a Christmas tree with the three kitties...so this year should prove very interesting. I don't think I can stand not having a tree another year though..... Hopefully they'll learn quickly.

I remember when my mamaw was alive she'd stay over the week after we put up the tree at my family's house specifically for kitty duty. She'd spend the entire week parked next to the tree, squirt bottle at the ready,
. The cats never touched the tree after that first week though!!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dad is a fanatic Halloween person, so yes we decorate...actually our house has had decorations up since the first of October
and we have more things to put up as my dad buys them.
We decorate a little for Thanksgiving. And we definately decorate for Christmas, a tree with lotsof ornaments and lights outside...its really fun to decorate

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I don't decorate for anything. My house is a train wreck all year long.
Well, I don't NOT decorate, but I don't do nearly as much as I used to -- because of the train wreck. Something on the front door -- wreath or garland with ribbons; a little in the front hall; sometimes I get motivated and put the tree up, but sometimes not, and just put a garland over the livingroom windows. The kitties are not a threat now, but the garland over the window started when Suzy and Sam were kittens.

The only other decorating we do is a carved pumpkin at Hallowe'en.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do very minor decorating.... xmas tree at xmas time.... maybe some Halloween decorations on the front window.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped decorating years ago. I live alone and spend more time at the relatives plus Autumn would probably ruin everything cuz she is a real tiger. I do enjoy looking at other people's decorations when on the road, some are really breathtaking.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, I love to decorate, but the way my life feels, it's like one week it's a month away (pick any holiday), and then it's already past... by the time I feel like hauling things out and decorating it's like the night before...

I have a 4 foot silver tinsel Christmas tree I bought in Chicago. if I can find a spot for it this year, I'll put it up. I'm just barely getting things uppacked from moving into this new place... and God knows where all my Christmas stuff is!

For Halloween, I usually have a plaque I hang on my door. This year, my front door opens to a hallway, so I don't know the rules... and have seen no decorations from anyone else. I may try it and see....

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only decorated for Christmas. I found a fake 4' tree at Big Lots a few years ago and put my ornaments on there. I am a little skeptical of putting a tree up this year since my boyfriend and I now have cats. They will be 9 mos almost 10 mos old in December; so I'm sure they'll still get into everything and I'd hate to have to put the tree back together on a daily basis.

My boyfriends parents go all out for almost every holiday though

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to decorate a bit when my son was little, but now its just a small tree put up at Christmas and nothing else. I would put a wreath on the door if I had one

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the only decorating I do. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No pressure, just good food and being with my kids and grandkids. Christmas is my least favorite holiday due to the fact it starts in October and ends Dec. 26.Too much. It has gotten so far afield of what it really is.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

No decorating. Trout won't allow it.
Deja vu! When I saw who was the last poster, I could just HEAR the response. These tortie girls rule with an iron paw, don't they! (Cindy doesn't give a *** about whether we decorate or not, but if she did, we'd know it.)