What country is this? 10,000 points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week's geography lesson takes us to a different country. This picture was taken in 2006 and and I expect a correct answer very soon. What country am I in?

Only one guess per username, please. 10,000 points to the first correct answer.

5,000 extra points to the person that can name the city. You may guess (or know) once for the country and once for the city.

This week's picture will provide not only a geography lesson but a history lesson as well.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Portugal ????? (the architecture reminds me of the visit I had as a little girl).

never been too good at geography tho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Italy!...
Yep, I suspected you might win this one since you live in a soccer loving country! (Good luck in the 2010 World Cup!)
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I was in Italy when they beat France in 2006 for the World Cup title. The country went crazy and this picture was taken a few days later. They did not waste any time erecting this huge soccer ball proclaiming to the world they were the world champs. OK, I still have 5000 points to give away for the correct city.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Yep, I suspected you might win this one since you live in a soccer loving country! (Good luck in the 2010 World Cup!)
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I was in Italy when they beat France in 2006 for the World Cup title. The country went crazy and this picture was taken a few days later. They did not waste any time erecting this huge soccer ball proclaiming to the world they were the world champs. OK, I still have 5000 points to give away for the correct city.
Lee said up post in order to...
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

The User Persi & Alley has just sent you a Donation in the amount of 10000.
Reason: Italy is correct!
OMG!....
I guess italy by the Building on behind!...
and I figured that football ballon is by the German Mundial in that year....I´m right?...
I just only join the pieces, mundial year plus ornament and the building is very old!...

NICE Pic Lee, I can´t see the plate of the car in the bottom!...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

is the city Rome?

Congrats Rigel
Although I am sure that Rome would have something just like my picture, this city is not Rome. Hint: Think fashion.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
thanks a lot!...

SO the invitation is for next week, for sure will going to be another interesting photo and another misteryous country to discover!...

See you next week!...