Thank You Note and Pics

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would like to thank EVERYONE on this forum that helped me with Suma and raising her kittens. They will be 8 weeks this weekend and moving out. All have good homes that will spay them and keep them inside and all loved up. Suma gets spayed next week and moves to her new home this Friday. And my husband will be glad to get his garage back

I will definitely miss them all.. but my daughter will have one of the fluffy ones and will call him Gizmo (from the gremlin movie). Suma (momma cat) will be with the lady behind me. And I know where the rest will be too!

Here are the latest pics of the clan. Again thank you all.. this is a super forum and I will direct anyone who needs you to this site.

Thanks again,
Sue

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and bunch of kids! It's 4 am here, and DH is still in bed. I hope I didn't wake him up with my "awwwwww" when I saw the pics!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any reason you can't keep them for at least another 2 weeks? So they are 10 weeks old before rehoming (12 weeks is generally the recommendation).

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous kits!
But they really should stay together with mum for at least another two weeks.
Mom will finish weaning them, and teach them proper cat behavior so that they are fully prepared mentally for the life of a cat.

Removing them too soon can cause issues later on such as inappropriate biting, poor litter box manners and just poor manners overall.

There is a reason why breeders keep kits until they are 10 to 12 weeks old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually, they are litter trained with no problems, mom is dried up and won't let them on her. They drink water all the time, eat with no problems, and vet said they are getting porky for their age, ha ha... and they can go with their new respective owners. They are dewormed (with last dose when they leave) and ready for shots from new owners.

I would love to keep them longer, but.... it is getting cold here and they are in my garage (due to 2 other cats in the house) and we do run a heater.. but it is time for a home before our weather really turns cold!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Gorgeous kits!
But they really should stay together with mum for at least another two weeks.
Mom will finish weaning them, and teach them proper cat behavior so that they are fully prepared mentally for the life of a cat.

Removing them too soon can cause issues later on such as inappropriate biting, poor litter box manners and just poor manners overall.

There is a reason why breeders keep kits until they are 10 to 12 weeks old
it's not just litterpans and feeding mum teaches them how to behave properly if you notice many behaviour problems in the other parts of the forum are from cats taken at 6-8 weeks.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, what an adorable bunch!!
Which one is your daughter keeping? As for keeping them a few more weeks, yes that would be ideal, but if they are out in the garage and the weather is turning cold I understand. I know it's gotten pretty cold at night here in West Virginia so I can only imagine what it's like in Penn!

Congrats on helping raise such a healthy family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sgummo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My daughter is keeping the one in the far back with white around the eyes and around the mouth. It is a such a fuzz ball and looks like a gremlin from that movie, that is why she is calling him Gizmo. Yes it is getting cold here. This morning they said it was 40 and to get much colder next week. BRRR

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As a general rule, it's probably best for them to stay with their mommy longer. But, most kittens I've gotten well before 12 weeks. Kippy came the day he turned 6 weeks old and his worst behavior problem was kneading and slobbering on us ( a definite sign of missing mom-time). He lived to almost 21 years. I figure a lot of it depends on the cat.

Bless you for raising these guys so well! And I'm glad they're all getting good homes.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, that pic just got a ridiculous "aaaaawwwwww!!!!" reaction from me. So much so that my kitties had to come see what I was doing! I can tell that herd has been well cared for. :-) You did a great job!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, beautiful kitties! Glad you were able to find good homes for all of them!