For the love of pickles....

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's only one pickle left in the jar. One delicious, beautiful sour pickle. And it is literally a sour pickle. Should I eat it now? Wait? But if I wait, I take a chance on DH getting it. Oh my goodness, I have got to have that pickle!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I say, eat it! If your hubby wants one, he can stop and buy some on the way home!

I love pickles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Go eat it and then have him get more on his way home?

(Unless he is already home of course then just make him go out and get them)

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Eat the pickle! Um... lol... I love pickles too. So much in fact, I drink the pickle juice.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

Eat the pickle! Um... lol... I love pickles too. So much in fact, I drink the pickle juice.
Pickle juice is good too!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you were really sweet, you would cut the pickle in half and eat your half, leaving strict instructions for hubby to pick more up tomorrow. (DH and I fight over the last pickle all the time! They don't last long in this house).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

well???????????

Did you eat it???????
No! After all that! I went and looked at it, and decided to save it for today!
You see, I am boycotting the grocery store pickle aisle because they have those sour pickles overpriced. I won't buy them unless they are on sale or I have a coupon. I don't understand why sour pickles cost more than dills or koshers. So, when this one's gone...

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mmmmmmmmmmmm pickles. you cant mention pickles in front of this pregnant woman she looooves them all. Eat the pickle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eat the pickle, then send your husband out for ice cream. That ought to get the juices flying!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

What is the difference between a sour pickle and a dill pickle?
I was wondering the same. I love Claussen dill pickles, in the refrigerated aisle. However, I cannot remember the last time i had a pickle besides with the occasional sandwich at a restaurant! I think I want to buy some now.

So yeah, what are these sour pickles you speak of??

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

I was wondering the same. I love Claussen dill pickles, in the refrigerated aisle. However, I cannot remember the last time i had a pickle besides with the occasional sandwich at a restaurant! I think I want to buy some now.

So yeah, what are these sour pickles you speak of??
I love Claussen dills too! They are absolutely the best. I miss the baby dills they used to sell. Great with good cheddar cheese.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought a dill pickle was a sour pickle, as opposed to sweet pickles (yuck) and bread and butter pickles.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all dill pickles are sour, some are moreso. some less. True sour or half sour pickles are made in a crock or barrel, regular dill pickles are made by hot process packed jars. Dills made by the latter method are more dill flavoured than crock made pickles. Nope, I don't make pickles but helped enough when I was a kid. Mom made by hot process, and one aunt made hers in a crock; there was a world of difference in taste and I prefer the ones with wads of dill in the jar. There is also a sweet dill pickle made by re-pickling the regular dills with sugar, and you can also colour them - I love Alton Brown - learn so much watching Good Eats