Diamond Recall

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is TECHNICALLY not a recall but a with drawl .. Now do not ask my opinion on with drawing after it has hit the stores but it is not per FDA definition a recall ...

I do believe things are now being caught faster
... and more of the decent companies are saying opps we made an error ...

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Interesting, honestly though it will be darn near impossible to feed a brand that hasn't had a recall or a withdraw lol

I use diamond products here both cat & dog, they all do well on it so i will continue.

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finicky Adult Cat Formula

Lot#
RAF0501A22X (18lbs)
RAF0501A2X (6lbs)

Hairball Cat Formula
Lot #s
RAH0501A22X (18lbs)
RAH0501A2X (6lbs)

Reason: Thiamine deficient.

"Cats consuming the thiamine deficient food may experience neurological signs requiring evaluation and treatment by a veterinary. Consumers are asked to return cat food from the affected lost to the point of retail purchase. Premium Edge Pet Food can be reached at 800-977-8797."

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

This is TECHNICALLY not a recall but a with drawl .. Now do not ask my opinion on with drawing after it has hit the stores but it is not per FDA definition a recall ...
TECHNICALITIES don't protect our cats, and a different label doesn't mitigate the seriousness of the issue.

Not saying you are trying to, but needed to point this out.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

TECHNICALITIES don't protect our cats, and a different label doesn't mitigate the seriousness of the issue.

Not saying you are trying to, but needed to point this out.
Perhaps you can re read
... I was EXACTING fact and NOTING
the why is it caught after the fact
CAREFUL reading may help many in many area s on the net and possibly the ones doing the testing to catch things pre store release

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad all the attention paid to technicalities can't be given to ensuring this "optimal" food doesn't kill the cats it's fed to:

Cat dies apparently from pet food

"Parnell says her cat died apparently from eating Premium Edge cat food, which was found to be missing thiamine, also known as vitamin B-1. The company discovered the problem after a number of pet owners and veterinarians called in about cats showing neurological symptoms. The company said it did not find any toxins in the food.

Parnell said her veterinarian did a bunch of tests, but couldn't figure out why a healthy four-year-old cat was seriously ill. "And they all felt that letting her go would be the thing to do because the cost would have gone into the thousands of dollars. It's hard. I'm buying her and my cats expensive cat food, thinking I'm doing something really good for them. And it ends up taking her life. It's kind of hard to swallow."

My favorite line in the article, "The company says vitamin B-1 deficiency would only have been a problem if the food was fed by itself and not mixed with other cat food." (emphasis mine)

ARE YOU (put in your own adjective) KIDDING?

And Jen, you're aggression is totally wasted on me. Perhaps you could save some of your outrage for the pet food industry? It was the dead cats and the puzzled veterinarians that "discovered" this problem, not Diamond.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

Too bad all the attention paid to technicalities can't be given to ensuring this "optimal" food doesn't kill the cats it's fed to:

Cat dies apparently from pet food

"Parnell says her cat died apparently from eating Premium Edge cat food, which was found to be missing thiamine, also known as vitamin B-1. The company discovered the problem after a number of pet owners and veterinarians called in about cats showing neurological symptoms. The company said it did not find any toxins in the food.

Parnell said her veterinarian did a bunch of tests, but couldn't figure out why a healthy four-year-old cat was seriously ill. "And they all felt that letting her go would be the thing to do because the cost would have gone into the thousands of dollars. It's hard. I'm buying her and my cats expensive cat food, thinking I'm doing something really good for them. And it ends up taking her life. It's kind of hard to swallow."

My favorite line in the article, "The company says vitamin B-1 deficiency would only have been a problem if the food was fed by itself and not mixed with other cat food." (emphasis mine)

ARE YOU (put in your own adjective) KIDDING?

And Jen, you're aggression is totally wasted on me. Perhaps you could save some of your outrage for the pet food industry? It was the dead cats and the puzzled veterinarians that "discovered" this problem, not Diamond.
One MY name IS NOT Jen and I actually try NOT to address most by first names on the PUBLIC parts of this forum

IT was not just directed at you.. TRY to READ it for what is written NOT what you think was

I would like to know HOW something like a Vitamin was not caught pre release as all food is " supposed to be pre , mid and post tested analysis
.. this is not a unknown / illegal substance no one was thinking about testing for ...

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think no matter what you want to call it there was still something wrong with the food.