RIP Random Puppy

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About this time last night, BF's dog got loose and bit a dog three times his size. BF's dog is a dachshund so that doesn't take much. The dog took off running, at which time BF noticed that the dog still had that slightly goofy puppy run.

BF lives about two streets over from a US Highway.

Today, he saw what he's pretty sure is the same dog, off on the side of the highway

RIP, puppy.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP sweet puppy.

Is there a way he can take it to the vets to be properly cremated rather than just out there?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I hate seeing that. I always wonder if the pet got out by accident, and somebody is desperately searching for it, or if some scum abandoned it to starve or be run over.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's very sad. Was the puppy on your property? If it belonged to someone nearby they might be looking for it. Like your BFs dog, he may have just gotten out. RIP puppy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Is there a way he can take it to the vets to be properly cremated rather than just out there?
Neither one of us can afford that right now...maybe we can at least bury it, though.
Originally Posted by jcat

I hate seeing that. I always wonder if the pet got out by accident, and somebody is desperately searching for it, or if some scum abandoned it to starve or be run over.
I can't help but think it was probably dumped. It would have been too big to be "tiny-puppy-cute" any more. I know that's not a sure sign but I've started betting on the option related to crappy human behavior as the odds of being right seem higher that way.
Originally Posted by Cinder

That's very sad. Was the puppy on your property? If it belonged to someone nearby they might be looking for it. Like your BFs dog, he may have just gotten out. RIP puppy.
BF's place is a rental, a small house in the owner's big backyard. The dogs met in that yard. I haven't seen any missing pet posters or the equivalent on Craigslist (though I've seen about a jillion free kittens that I want).

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you can just drop the pup at the vets explaining it wasn't your dog and maybe they would be lenient just a thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Random Puppy's remains were gone, one way or another, by the time we were able to get back to the place. Maybe someone else had the same idea, or maybe routine highway cleaning was a lot faster than usual.

Random Puppy's spirit is forever chasing squirrels at Rainbow Bridge, and not lost or alone any more ever again.