Mp3 player: what do you have?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Curious on what others have.

I've had a Sony 1gb for a few yrs now. Very basic... I think I paid 30ish for it, maybe 40. I bought it for work.... fit nicely in my pocket.

I went shopping for a larger one, as I'm going to be making a very long drive soon, and need more than 1gb.

I went with another Sony, http://www.trustedreviews.com/mp3/re...Z-E436F-4GB/p1 . It was on sale..... although I don't need the video screen, this will work....and I've had good luck with it.

I'd like to hear what others have as I am searching for ideas for one for my daughter, she would like one that docks....but its not on her priority list because the one she has works still

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a SanDisk Sansa Exspress 1GB but it has a micro SD card slot so I can have many Gb of music on cards.
It also has a built in digital fm tuner and a recorder.
It was $7.99 on woot.com, but you can usually find one somewwhere for around $25-$30

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I broke 3 ipods in a year. Broke 2 sonys in a year.

I got a few from the dollar store so I could at least listen to the radio while I worked.

I don't think I was overly rough with them, I just found out they havn't quite figured out how to keep making them work if you go skiing with them on, or even just sit on a beach!! :p.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I have a SanDisk Sansa Exspress 1GB but it has a micro SD card slot so I can have many Gb of music on cards.
Think that's what I had. Now I use my iPhone to store and play music.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SanDisk and Creative tend to have the best user reviews for price, audio quality, and how long they last. That would probably be a good starting point.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Sony, I think it's a 2 gb. I really like it. It's easy to charge, easy to load, and it's small. I also bought a SanDisk Fuse that plays videos but I've never used it.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
iPod! I think they're durable, easy to use, and Apple's tech support is awesome (great customer service and very helpful) if you end up needing it.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of the first gen ipod nanos and I love it. Its only 2 gig but It definately works fine for me! I bought it new and have loved it. It even survived going for a bit of a swim.... our hot water heater (which is in my closet) busted and leaked water everywhere and my suitcase had my ipod in it (also in the closet floor) and was soaked but the ipod survived! LOL!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got an ipod as well, 30gb I believe. I've had it for over 3 years, and use it everyday to watch movies on my lunch break at work. I
my Ipod!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nothing against ipods, except for the price

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I have nothing against ipods, except for the price
Here is the trick though, Apple has a huge following of trendy type people. So everytime a new style comes out there are usually very nice used ones on craigslist or ebay! I would try there! I think the week after I bought mine I saw one on there for $60 because the new style was released

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Here is the trick though, Apple has a huge following of trendy type people. So everytime a new style comes out there are usually very nice used ones on craigslist or ebay! I would try there! I think the week after I bought mine I saw one on there for $60 because the new style was released
Or refurbished ones from Apple because then you still get a one year warranty and the option to buy apple care.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe anyone would go through the trouble to buy a whole separate player for just 2gigs.
2 gigs is nothing - maybe a dozen albums unless you encode them at low quality. Sure, some may think "thats enough for me", but that leaves you either changing out albums frequently or listening to the same thing.

A separate mp3 player is low on my list of priorities (isn't even on it in fact), were I to buy one SanDisk would probably be what I'd go with just because they're cheaper and outlive most "trendy" players.
For those who don't have a lot of money, look at your cell phones. Some have expandable memory. A 2 to 8 gig card is fairly cheap.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an ipod but I also use my phone as an mp3 player so that I don't have to carry so many things. I need my music at the gym but I definitely can't be taking both and ipod and a phone in there with me, i'd lose one for sure. My ipod is pretty old and I think it has 30 gbs on it and about 15 are taken up with music, and it mostly just sits in my room on one of those stereos for ipods and I listen to it at home. I wish I had the itouch or an iphone because there is so much more you can do with those..

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have an Ipod, I think it's 30gb, since the retail price was $180. If you do go the Apple route, I recommend the extra Apple care protection plan.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

I have a Creative Zen 8GB player. I like it...
I have the 4gb and I love it too !! I've had it for a long time and have nothing bad to say about it.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the first gen. ipod nano, my major complaint is that it scratches easily.

I plan on getting a newer mp3 this year, one that can record songs, and has radio. I don't care about the video capabilities, my eyes are bad enough - what's the point of watching movies on a 1 inch screen? LOL.

I love the idea of using SD cards to expand memory, I will probably go that route!