TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › David Letterman!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

David Letterman! - Page 5

post #121 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I feel he was very mean spirted in his jokes toward the Palin family and their 14 year old teenage girl. It was very hurtful to the Palin's and all in the name of the ever important, all important, ratings.
Actually...for this reason, I don't put most of the blame on Letterman for that.

No, hear me out.

I blame the regular people who are the viewers that add up to the ratings. If a show is mean, people are mean for liking it.
post #122 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes View Post
Actually...for this reason, I don't put most of the blame on Letterman for that.

No, hear me out.

I blame the regular people who are the viewers that add up to the ratings. If a show is mean, people are mean for liking it.
That's a sad commentary of Americans in general, if the audience of talk shows and pundits are parrots of the spiel that comes from them.
post #123 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes View Post
Actually...for this reason, I don't put most of the blame on Letterman for that.

No, hear me out.

I blame the regular people who are the viewers that add up to the ratings. If a show is mean, people are mean for liking it.
Wow. So.....I like Letterman, I get a kick out of his show. Does that make me a mean person?

I'm not, actually. I'm a very nice person, and I enjoy some things people don't like, and I don't like other things that other people like.

People have different tastes. It's human nature. One cannot make a sweeping generalization such as, "If a show is mean, people are mean for liking it." Some people's "mean" is another person's "funny". Sometimes Letterman goes to far, but so do alot of other comedians. It's their job.
post #124 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanner View Post
Wow. So.....I like Letterman, I get a kick out of his show. Does that make me a mean person?

I'm not, actually. I'm a very nice person, and I enjoy some things people don't like, and I don't like other things that other people like.

People have different tastes. It's human nature. One cannot make a sweeping generalization such as, "If a show is mean, people are mean for liking it." Some people's "mean" is another person's "funny". Sometimes Letterman goes to far, but so do alot of other comedians. It's their job.
I agree with your thinking. Monty Python comes to mind. Many love their humour and others hate it. Billy Connelly also comes to mind. I've seen him live twice and laughed my butt off but he swears a lot and we don't but he is very funny.

I don't watch Letterman on a regular basis, but I'd rather watch him than Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien, neither of whom I'll even tune in to.
post #125 of 135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes View Post
Actually...for this reason, I don't put most of the blame on Letterman for that.

No, hear me out.

I blame the regular people who are the viewers that add up to the ratings. If a show is mean, people are mean for liking it.
You make a good point.
post #126 of 135
Thread Starter 
http://www.denverpost.com/celebritybuzz/ci_13515529

Quote:
People: Letterman reportedly sets off $300 million divorce war

Quote:
David Letterman's sex scandal has set off a $300 million divorce battle between the talk-show host and his wife, Regina, the National Enquirer is reporting.


post #127 of 135
They picked this up from the National Enquirer?? The same "newspaper" that said Bill Clinton and a UFO alien had gotten into a fistfight over Hillary? That said that those same UFO aliens were endorsing Obama?

Oh, and the "$200 million" divorce suit on Phil McGraw. I guess they have to keep increasing the dollar amount in order to keep selling that bastion of conservation journalism, the National Enquirer
post #128 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
They picked this up from the National Enquirer?? The same "newspaper" that said Bill Clinton and a UFO alien had gotten into a fistfight over Hillary? That said that those same UFO aliens were endorsing Obama?
Actually, the Enquirer has been consistently ahead of and more accurate on celebrity issues than most of the "mainstream" news sources. Don't confuse it with The Globe and others who admittedly make up news on a consistent basis.
post #129 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Actually, the Enquirer has been consistently ahead of and more accurate on celebrity issues than most of the "mainstream" news sources. Don't confuse it with The Globe and others who admittedly make up news on a consistent basis.
Are you serious? Rag mags like the Enquirer should have been put out of business long ago but unfortunately some ______ folks still support them.

So Mike, did the Enquirer say anything about the Clinton aliens smoking cigars?
post #130 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Are you serious? Rag mags like the Enquirer should have been put out of business long ago but unfortunately some ______ folks still support them.

So Mike, did the Enquirer say anything about the Clinton aliens smoking cigars?
I heard they did, but they didn't inhale.
post #131 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky View Post
I heard they did, but they didn't inhale.
Thanks for my laugh of the day!
post #132 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Are you serious? Rag mags like the Enquirer should have been put out of business long ago but unfortunately some ______ folks still support them.

So Mike, did the Enquirer say anything about the Clinton aliens smoking cigars?
I don't know, but my mother still has the issue, that's why I'm so certain about it. It's the issue that made her finally swear off the Enquirer as just being too nutty.

Another interesting tidbit...did you know that the Enquirer is not sold, nor is it's website available, to any country that is considered "victim friendly" in libel lawsuits.
post #133 of 135
Thread Starter 
They sure were right on the money with the John Edwards story.
post #134 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
They sure were right on the money with the John Edwards story.
You've heard the cliche of "the stopped clock", right?
post #135 of 135
I'm with you, 4 words...Dave is a pig. I never liked him, now Jay Leno I love.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › David Letterman!