I don't want to see their butts!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We recently hired about 30 new people for our call center (so no customers actually see them, thank god!) and about 10 of them are male and recently out of high school. Almost all of them wear their jeans so they fall off their butt and show their boxers. WHY?????????

Honestly, it's disgusting, and very unprofessional. What cracks me up is women have a very strict dress code. We can wear capris in the the summer but they have to be so many inches below the knee. A skirt has to be so many inches below the waist. A tank top can be worn but the straps have to be 2" in diamater. But they can walk around with their butts hanging out. Oh, but they can't wear hats in the building.

I'm about ready to go down to HR to complain with a few others and we'll take up a collection for belts if needed. But, why is this the fashion now? I really don't understand it. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I don't think that is needed in a work enviornment.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup, tis the style here too..... and I hate it... Seriously, what is the point of the waistband of pants being located either under the cheeks or midway.

I do NOT think it is funny in a business situation.... I would deem that inappropriate dress code, and yes it should be brought up.

But I had to laugh at your post, at first glimpse of the title I was thinking of the Fuzzy butts thread.... till I read which forum it was in.

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A strange fashion I know, it is said that the looser trousers are better for them, and I think they pay a fortune for thier boxers, but if you have a dress code then so should the guys.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have no idea! If you don't have anyone willing to do this......then I would go to HR and ask them if it's ok now for you to where your extreme low ride jeans with your g-string hanging way out?

I'm mean come on! If you actually have to go to HR and complain about their type of work attire then they must be idiots!

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jupeycat

For some reason, the ones we see around here all have grey boxers.........
This just means they forgot to change them in quite a long time!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree this is quite ridiculous. How do these people expect to be taken seriously when they finally enter the workforce..They may think they are making a statement about their individuality but all there really doing is looking like irresponsible, unreliable people.
We actually have a couple of groups who operate in my area that will give you an appropriate outfit to wear to any job interviews, and first days on the job. The only thing they ask in return is that you contribute something, a blouse, dress pants, skirts, whatever you can afford after your first paycheck so others can use the service as well..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BABZ

This just means they forgot to change them in quite a long time!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!
Honestly, we are keeping a list on the patterns of the boxers to check that. Most of them to have different boxers on every day (this is outside on smoke break) but there is one guy that have had the same boxer pattern on for 4 days!! Either he has 5 pairs of the same pattern, or he's just really nasty.

I am glad I'm not the only one bothered by this....although I do admit there are some cute boxer patterns out there. I just prefer to see them in the packages and buy them for hubby.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

We recently hired about 30 new people for our call center (so no customers actually see them, thank god!) and about 10 of them are male and recently out of high school. Almost all of them wear their jeans so they fall off their butt and show their boxers. WHY?????????
You COULD play them the President's opinion on the matter.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally understand where you are coming from. The building I work in has 3 (THREE!) call centers. Two of them are related to financial aid or student loans. We have strict dress codes. No jeans or tennis shoes except on casual Friday. Capri's for women if they are below the knee. No spaghetti straps or tank tops, even on casual days. No midriff shirts and such. The guys also have a strict dress code too.

Now the OTHER call center is a cell phone company that seems to not have any dress code at all! The girls come barely dressed sometimes with short shorts and ultra mini skirts that leave nothing to the imagination. The guys pants are the same as what you see. There have even been people show up in pajamas and slippers!

Our HR department handles all three companies since they are all under the umbrella of the parent company. I heard of one girl who was filling out an application and saw the different people coming in. She asked about this and was told what the policies were for each company. She actually stopped the application and walked out saying she doesn't want to work for a company that doesn't treat each employee the same way regardless of the company.

I can understand the cell company having a more relaxed dress code but they should not allow gang banger wear. I would NOT get a cell phone from that company based on what I see and the type of people working there. This is one of the pay as you go cell phone companies. If you want to know which one, PM me as I am not going to say here. Don't want the site to get sued!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But, why is this the fashion now? I really don't understand it. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I don't think that is needed in a work enviornment.
Ditto. I dont udnerstand it either. How it became "fashionable" (only among some and subjective) is beyond me. According to Judge Greg Mathis (a retired Michigan judge), prison, yes prison, is the birthplace of "pants that reveal". He elaborates saying men in prison would hike down their pants to indicate their willingness to be a receptive partner during sex. He goes on to say this historical factoid somehow got lost among today's youth. (He shook his head and said something like "If they only knew") To say it looks unprofessional is the understatment of the millenium. Maybe in some segments of the music industry it's fine, but for 99.999% of businesses, no. No, no, double and triple NO (and yucchh too).

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds unfair for women to have such a strict dress code, there should be a dress code for belts for guys, I'd be really mad too!
I definitely don't find it attractive for guys to wear their pants like that..well it depends on how low they are. There is one guy in one of my classes whose pants are always below his butt and the only thing he wears over his butt are his boxers
I find that pretty nasty. But if just the top is showing I don't mind as much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Ditto. I dont udnerstand it either. How it became "fashionable" (only among some and subjective) is beyond me. According to Judge Mathis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Mathis , prison, yes prison, is the birthplace of "pants that reveal". He elaborates saying men in prison would hike down their pants to indicate their willingness to be a receptive partner during sex. He goes on to say this historical factoid somehow got lost among today's youth. ("If they only knew")
Hmmm, I didn't know that, and maybe I should post that for an FYI in our contract.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm, I didn't know that, and maybe I should post that for an FYI in our contract.
lol. it's "faux fashion" and insipid, just like so many other things found in "MTV culture"

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find this particular guy's fashion to be extremely sloppy looking whether in a business environment or just out on the street. On the other hand, at least they are wearing boxers and not a thong.

I have seen on different occasions, some guys trying to pull off the look with dingy tighty whiteys instead of boxers...eeewwww

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always feel like getting behind them and pulling them up!

I was heading home on the bus this afternoon from town and there was a boy about 18-19 with them like that. He had one of those small discs in his earlobe as well that if you took it out it would leave a massive hole where it had stretched his lobe?.

He was a nice looking young boy as well, but all i kept thinking of was when he was older and probably live to regret it

It just doesn't look comfortable the way they wear their pants either?!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I always feel like getting behind them and pulling them up!

I was heading home on the bus this afternoon from town and there was a boy about 18-19 with them like that. He had one of those small discs in his earlobe as well that if you took it out it would leave a massive hole where it had stretched his lobe?.

He was a nice looking young boy as well, but all i kept thinking of was when he was older and probably live to regret it

It just doesn't look comfortable the way they wear their pants either?!
I know - its awful!

Another issue with wearing those low riding pants is hip problems in the future. Research has found that wearing low pants causes them to walk differently to keep them from falling down which can cause hip issues. Silly boys.