I'm going to jail

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!

My nephew is a prison guard. He took 5 months of training and in less than a year he makes more money than I do as a Registered Nurse!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Congrats!

My nephew is a prison guard. He took 5 months of training and in less than a year he makes more money than I do as a Registered Nurse!!
I had no idea how much they made. And then my uncle gave me a call (he works for the government) and told me about it and said that with overtime they can easily make over $100,000 a year
. Plus dental and health benefits.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!! In the new facility?? It looked pretty spiffy from the pics on the news. I spent several years 'in jail', city jail matron. Paid good too, can't remember exactly how much but 5 nights a month would more than double a 2 week paycheck at my regular job, and got to ride in a cop car and everything...but they never let me touch all the fancy buttons on the dashboard. I wonder why??

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m jealous
, but definitely happy for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

but they never let me touch all the fancy buttons on the dashboard. I wonder why??
Well, it's either because they don't want you to reset the clock on the radio to 12:00 or maybe it's the same reason they do the alcohol swab before a lethal injection: just in case.

But seriously, they don't want any distractions (even though a lot of them still drive while talking/texting on their phone). But it could just be the officers you were with. My friend's aunt is a cop and once years ago as she was giving us a ride home, she showed us a few things in the cab and let us use the siren and stuff like that.