Sophie's watching over us now...

faerian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sophie passed away this morning around 1:30 am. She was very weak and unresponsive last night, and we realized that it was time to put her down. I sat up with her, just making sure that she was comfortable and warm. She was so dehydrated, she couldn't even lift her head. Some time after midnight, she started to convulse like she was throwing up, but nothing was coming up. She couldn't even lift herself, I held her up a couple of times to see if would help, but eventually I just let her lie on the pillow. Her feet started to twitch, but I couldn't do anything except stroke her head. I couldn't sleep, so I just started to read a book, hoping that she would at least make it until morning...

I noticed that she had stopped breathing around 1:30 am, and got my dad up. We took her to the vet's this morning to have her cremated and sent back to us. As we were walking out, I could have sworn I felt her presence walking beside me. At least she wasn't in pain.

RIP Sophie, we'll all miss you.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was hoping she would get better.
Play happily at the Rainbow Bridge, Sophie.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
condolences on losing your precious Sophie
may she be the brightest star shining in the sky tonite..Play happily over RB, Sophie, and give our dear HopeHacker some headbutts from us

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faerian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone. We're all missing her here, though sometimes I can still feel her presence beside me. Squirrel seems to have taken to his new role as boss-cat fairly well however. XD He realized how upset I was when Sophie's body was taken away, and actually curled up next to me under the blanket (something he'd never done before) where Sophie used to sleep.

Firepaw (we go to school together) wants me to take in one of her kittens. It's tempting, but my mom and I have both agreed that we should stick to one cat for now. Maybe once I'm living on my own and out of college I'll adopt another cat, but for now, I think Squirrel's enough of a handful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faerian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We took home Sophie's ashes on Wednesday. We got an urn for her a few days ago, we almost couldn't bring ourselves to do it. It still doesn't really feel like she's gone, I keep half expecting to see her pop her head up out of nowhere and jump on my lap sometimes.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Faerian

We took home Sophie's ashes on Wednesday. We got an urn for her a few days ago, we almost couldn't bring ourselves to do it. It still doesn't really feel like she's gone, I keep half expecting to see her pop her head up out of nowhere and jump on my lap sometimes.
I don't think that our minds ever really accept that our babies are no longer physically with us.

Please know that your beloved Sophie will always with you in your heart.
That bond cannot be broken.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That lack of belief that they're gone is what keeps them with us forever. I still call my cats by the names of their predecessors. They're never really gone.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts.

hugs

PS, I just realized this thread is a couple weeks old. I hope you are doing okay. I too feel my Ootay hanging around sometimes.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your beloved Sophie. I have felt my cats near just after they have passed also. I am thinking of you and RIP Sophie
cat.