Welcoming "soon to be named"

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After we lost Scully, Autumn has not been the same. She was always closer to him than the other three who had grown up together and while they made a little effort to include her (mostly Bumper for a change) she just wouldnt stop searching for Scully. She spent the last week walking around crying and looking in the most random places for him.

So we decided that a new friend might distract her and also give her someone younger to play with.

For once, there actually wasnt a cat in the shelter that I had that 'I need him/her' feeling - usually I have a few I would take home in a heartbeat. So on Monday some cute 4 month old kittens came in and one reminded me so much of Autumn that I thought she is the one. Went home to sleep on it and the next morning when snuggling with her brother changed my mind and wanted him.

Then our transport volunteer showed up after picking up animals from the vets. "Chutney" was on his back in the carrier, paws as far out the door as he could - I immediately scooped him up to have my face licked and knew he was the one. I tried him with some of the shelter cats and not even a hiss. Someone at the vets had taken him home but it didnt work out with her dog so I knew he must be special if they loved him at the vets so I called Matt (he is away on business) and he said bring him home.

He had to go back to the vet from the shelter as he pulled out a neuter suture so I finally brought him home last night.

Intros are going well, Boomer just loves him and they are together causing trouble. Autumn seems scared of him but I think its the ecollar - I tried taking it off but he went straight for him backend again so its staying on for another day or so. Bumper and Magnum are hissing at him but when he jumps on them they arent doing anything about it and he was grooming both Magnum and Autumn (Magnum hissing at the floor and Autumn rolled up in a ball
)

He is 7-9 months old, orange tabby and white

These were taken at the shelter, I will take some of him when we take the ecollar off

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooohhhh!!! He's gorgeous and he has a really, really sweet face!!! Gotta get some meat on those bones, too!!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so beautiful.
He looks like he has really soft fur also. Congrats! I can't wait to see more pics of him in his own element.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No naming him seems to be an issue for us, we have lots of names that we kinda like but not enough to name him

Huge paws

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He reminds me a lot of a lovely orange fellow who owns a friend of ours. His name is Roscoe -- don't know if that resonates with you...

He really is a lovely boy.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Sadie died, Dexter was really depressed...
Isis saved us both.

I'd call your new family member...Handsome.

Congratulations

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whatever name you choose, he's one handsome boy.
He looks like such a sweetie.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is so cute .... he had me laughing at the end of that video where he keeps holding onto all of the toys
He looks like a Steven to me.