Question of the Day: Thurs. Oct. 1

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Halloween...it is approaching.

Do you take kids out or do you give out candy? Do you enjoy Halloween?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
never went out, and i dont have kkids to take out

i was brought up to think halloween is begging as thats how my parents were brought up to

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved going trick or treating when I was younger. In my early teens I loved taking my baby cousins out. I never went alone and always had a parent with me.

No body has ever come trick or treating at the house I live at?? but I'm normally out on that night anyway
no candy here!

I do enjoy Halloween

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
No kids to take around, but I love planting myself on the front stoop with the pumpkins and a big bowl and giving out the candy.

We stay out so that no one knocks on the door...Freya hates when people come to the door and the first Halloween we had her I thought the poor thing was going to have a breakdown - so now we sit outside and greet people before the get to the door so it all works.

I always love Halloween as a kid and don't think I've ever grown out of it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a lot of kids come around and hubby usually does something silly. He cut the blade half off a knife and put epoxy over the end. He ties it to his head with gauze and fake blood and when he answers the door he complains of a headache.
One little kid told him she was sorry he had a headache.

A lot of the kids ask to see Mika because they used to come around when Jen and Mika lived with us and Mika loves little kids. She is all over them like white on rice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

never went out, and i dont have kkids to take out

i was brought up to think halloween is begging as thats how my parents were brought up to
aw, that is just sad AJ. I'm sorry you were raised that way.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL its not a bad thing the kids where my mam lives well left a lot to be desired and so did most of the families

we used to go to halloween parties though did the bobbing for apples and what not just not the walking round the doors thing

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

LOL its not a bad thing the kids where my mam lives well left a lot to be desired and so did most of the families

we used to go to halloween parties though did the bobbing for apples and what not just not the walking round the doors thing
ahhhh gotcha.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of us takes the kids out, one of us stays home and hands out candy.

At least that is the way it's been for the last couple yrs.

This will be Kendra's last yr going out (she's 13). Kayleigh still has a few more years
I think Kendra is going out with her best friend this year (if her friends mother lets her go out).

I think this year, we may go out together and not hand out candy this year...
yet.

I'm so decisive

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to enjoy Hallowe'en more when there were lots of kids Trick or Treating, but there aren't many kids in our neighbourhood. I still buy candy for them -- stuff that we won't mind eating up, since there will almost certainly be leftovers -- sometimes a lot.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No children at our house and where we live is considered the bad part of town so we never get trick or treaters. We will decorate though because we are all kids at heart and just love all the spooky stuff. We will most likely go to one of the local corn mazes and haunted houses.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We hand out candy but last year only had like 5-6 trick-or-treaters. Once our neighborhood was flooded with kids... This year I am going to my friends Halloween party! So i get to dress up!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Mexico doesn´t have that tradition...

we celebrate the "dia de Muertos"...

I've heard that is allot of fun!

We're taking the little man out to a few houses again, but we live so rurally we may be planning a trip to the grandparents so he can go trick or treating in the city
. Of course he isn't a year & a half yet, it's not like he knows whats going on...

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Mexico doesn´t have that tradition...

we celebrate the "dia de Muertos"...

There was a neat episode of Babylon 5 (Sci-Fi series from the late 90's) about the day of the dead. One of the alien races rented out a portion of the space station to hold their "Day of the Dead" ceremony, making it officially part of their homeworld. During the night, everyone in that part of the station was visited by someone they knew who had died. Probably the best was Londo, who was visited by a guy he had had killed.

As for Halloween, no kids here, so I won't be going out. I used to live in a place with a nice porch and I would sit outside and pass out candy to the kids. Now, my apartment opens onto the back of the house, so I don't really have a good place to sit out even if I wanted to.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I only have fur-kids. The building we live in probably won't have any trick or treaters either.

Last year and this year we'll be at my boyfriend's parents house on Halloween eve. His parents have a great yard display. His mom even does a window display too, which she was about 50% completed this past weekend. Unfortunately they can only put up and take down the yard display the same day; there have been little punks in the past who have stolen yard decorations from their house. Their neighborhood is decent but there is always one bad apple.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love taking my friends' younger siblings trick or treating!! Last year there were no kids who came here to ask for candy though
My favorite part of halloween though is the costumes and make up and being creative.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
depending on what night trick or treating falls on, I either go over to my parents' house to help my mom pass out candy or I hide in my house with the lights off

Halloween has never been a favorite holiday of mine

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to take my cousins trick or treating. I don't pass out candy because my dogs would eat the trick or treaters.

I think I enjoy the halloween candy more than halloween.