TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Caring for Strays and Ferals › Made my first cat shelter!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Made my first cat shelter!

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I saved a styrofoam cooler from this summer, it was a perfect size for a little Mya and Wil to snuggle in together. I put it in a rubber maid container and cut two holes. Now I need to get some straw and make a few more of them. Then there will be no freezing kitties this year.

lol, on rubbermaid containers they have a spot where you can write the contents of the box...I wrote "kitties"...made me giggle.
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscatlady View Post
lol, on rubbermaid containers they have a spot where you can write the contents of the box...I wrote "kitties"...made me giggle.
This made me laugh, too!

Congrats on the first container! Do we get pictures?
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
This made me laugh, too!

Congrats on the first container! Do we get pictures?
Sure!

The container:




And my big helpers:


Fluffy-butt


"Hmmm? Oh, yeah, you're doing a good job."
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Cammy really isn't as fat as she looks in these pics, she's actually a healthy weight just very fluffy.
post #5 of 9
Cammy makes an excellent helper!
post #6 of 9
Cammy is beautiful!!! She looks a lot like Patches - the momma cat I'm taking care of outside.

We found our Rubbermaid totes tonight. Went to Target first - very frustrating. Nothing really fit right. Found ones that worked at Walmart. Now just need to get the straw. Hoping to build the shelter tomorrow night.
post #7 of 9
Not sure how cold it gets where you are but here I file the edges of the hole and then put duct tape around it because it cracks in the cold and gets sharp edges
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
Not sure how cold it gets where you are but here I file the edges of the hole and then put duct tape around it because it cracks in the cold and gets sharp edges
Yes, it gets pretty cold here. I'm not quite finished and I have time before it gets cold. Thanks!
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscatlady View Post
...lol, on rubbermaid containers they have a spot where you can write the contents of the box...I wrote "kitties"...made me giggle.
"Kitties"

Toasty warm kitties this year! Great job!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Caring for Strays and Ferals
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Caring for Strays and Ferals › Made my first cat shelter!