Puppies names suggestions

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to think of happy things today. I am having trouble coming up with a name for my new puppy. I am getting a Pomeranian puppy, a girl. She is only 3 weeks old right now. Her coloring right now is a medium blue/gray color. I showed my oldest daughter the pictures, She said if your going by what she looks like. You should call her blob
. I can't put up pictures until I get permission from the breeder.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does she have a kennel name that she needs to be registered with? (asuming she's going to be reg. CKC)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I have no interest in showing her. She is going to be a pet,

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Reputatable breeders will register all their litters with the CKC. I know in the case of my Dad's dog Raider (
) he HAD to have a football name as his registered name or we weren't allowed to have him
(the breeder was a little
). Since his registered name was "KENNEL-NAME* Oakland Raider's TouchDown" we called him Raider. He was fixed because he was a cryporchid and never showed.

*can't remember the kennel name.

Pom puppies are so cute and fluffy no one would blame you if you named her blob!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I don't know. I have no interest in showing her. She is going to be a pet,
Pet dogs should be registered CKC in Canada. I would not buy her otherwise as the breeder is not being ethical. And if the breeder cuts corners there, where else might they cut corners?
Small fluffy dogs that I see are usually named Sugar, Bear, Sweety, or Honey.

I like to search baby name sites for pet names
A new puppy is very exciting!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

The first thing I think of when I see fluffy dogs is "Moppet" since they are basically dust mops.
Can't wait to see pics of her!!
My brother always called our last Pom dustmop

fiddledee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a website with literally thousands of different names, plus their meanings. Also, there is a drop-down list where you can search by subject [i.e. you want names that mean "blue" or "fluffy."]

http://www.20000-names.com

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I like to wait until I meet a new pet before picking a name, so I can choose one that fits their personality. I know one Pomeranian named Foxy and I think that name fits all Poms pretty well.
Hopefully you did your homework on the breeder and she is registered with a reputable kennel club like CKC. In Pomeranians it is also important that they do OFA testing for luxating patellas and find out if there is any history of luxating patellas or heart problems in the dogs they breed. Good Pom breeders also test for hypothyroidism which is common in the breed.
Half of the Pomeranians I've known were not from reputable breeders who did health testing, and they all had or need patella surgery. If you don't buy from a good breeder, I'd start saving money now for future health problems.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My vote is for...Cranberry!

Or Frosty. We once had a beautiful tuxedo cat I named Frosty. Everyone wanted to know why I named a black and white cat Frosty, but I like to go with opposite color names.
Then again, there's also Blueberry, hmm....