Trauma Series Premier

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I filmed my third episode today (all background non-speaking roles)!
I was very much in the background though, a patient lying in a bed

I hope everyone watched it, it was pretty action packed! Since I was on set today, they showed the premiere for all the cast and crew over lunch on a big screen, so I got to watch it while sitting just a few metres away from the characters of Rabbit and Marisa, the 2 chopper people. It was pretty cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

it was pretty action packed! ........It was pretty cool!
I liked it. Tho I thought there was a bit too much "action." It seemed to bounce from one trauma to another with nary a breather in between. I found myself losing interest after awhile.

I'm giving the series a chance. They may tone it down a bit and have them dealing with less quantity of traumas, but more complex traumas in the future.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I think they just tried to throw EVERYTHING into the first episode, being the pilot and all. Future episodes wil have more character development, more storyline and less explosions

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'll have to keep watching it to try to figure out who you are! Us dispatchers get no love in this series- a paramedic in an ambulance, driving to a scene- and giving pre-arrival instructions?? Sigh. No wonder when people call 911 they think they are talking directly to the responding medics. It was entertaining though. The guy that plays Rabbit is some serious eye candy!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haha no not a tv star! They're filming this series in San Francisco, and there was a story on the news a while back saying they want extras with medical experience to give the show a more realistic look.

So I signed up, and have been a background (non-speaking) extra for 3 shoots now. You probably won't even see me in any of the episodes - I might just be an unrecognisable blur in the background
Who knows! It's been a lot of fun though

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night's episode was very good, much better than last week

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Last night's episode was very good, much better than last week
Dang! I missed it again. We were at Home Depot for 2 hours ordering 14 windows and a front door.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was much better than last week. More coherent and not so much chaos.

I'm still having a hard time getting into it though. There is some good acting and some not so good acting.

If I don't continue to watch the show on a regular basis, I certainly will be tuning in for the shows you're in!
Is the first one next week?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how will we know it's you hon? I want to point you out to my Daughter.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When it gets closer to the episode, I'll explain the scene I'm in and who to look out for