Reintroduction

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello TCSers!

I'm making my way back to the site after being away for almost 2 years! After we had to put Ripley down I decided to take a break. With the new baby and being in Korea, we didn't want to have another cat until we got back to the States.

Well - we're home! FINALLY!!! We're also purchasing a house and plan to fill it with a cat.

There is still two weeks until we close on the house. I'm bummed because I've found the most beautiful female orange tabby that I would LOVE to adopt but I doubt I would be able to have the cat in the hotel room. Such a disappointment. I hope to take Bradley (my 2 year old son) with me to visit Sookie (that's the name the shelter gave her and I'd leave it at that being a huge True Blood fan). I hope that when I explain my situation they may offer to hold Sookie for me. She really is a beautiful girl!

I hope this finds everyone well! What has been going on in the past two years?!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
back! I can't believe Bradley is two - time passes too quickly.
that the shelter will hold Sookie for you - she's gorgeous.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido nuevamente a TCS, ...Catulina
Milky
y Horacio
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome BACK to TCS, Catulina, Milky & Horatio say hello to you!!!...
)

I hope you find not only old members, but also new good members here, Please feel again as your home and ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you re-join us!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow!! I can't believe your son is 2 already!!! In my mind he was still a tiny baby!

Glad your back in the states and congratulations on the house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Wow!! I can't believe your son is 2 already!!! In my mind he was still a tiny baby!

Glad your back in the states and congratulations on the house!
Talk about things changing! I see you'll be welcoming a new addition to your family!! How exciting.
Congrats!

And look how that fur family has grown!

Thanks, Cool Cat! It will be nice to chat with you here as well as on other sites.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good grief has it been nearly 2 years!

Pleased to hear your settling back in, and i hope you get Sookie because she's a beauty!

I don't think i had Jack when you were here last did i?. He's 2 years old now and full of mischief!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HI! I didn't know you before, but am glad to see you back. I think talking to the shelter about Sookie is a great idea. Most shelters require an application process anyway...at least in my area.

You can fill out the forms, and get yourself approved, (it takes about two weeks here, as they check all references) and then visit Sookie as much as possible.

When I was chosen by my Mazy cat at the shelter, I was able to leave her in the shelter for the next three weeks, until the day I wanted to bring her home (which was during winter recess, I was working in education). They allowed this, in fact, I went back to visit Mazy every Saturday until her Homecoming.

They would let her out of her cage and I sat on the floor playing with her. I brought a towel from home with my other cats' smells on it, and rubbed it on her, too (when she let me, she was not socialized) so she was already familiar with my home and other cat smells, and they were familiar with hers.

On the day I was actually ready to take her home, She Knew. She must have heard my voice in the lobby, and when I walked into the room she was in, she was sitting in her cage, and her eyes were fixed on mine immediately. Geeesh, I get all misty just thinking about it!

Can hardly wait to hear the good news that Sookie will be joining you in your new home, and her forever home!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gee Willikers! Hello again. Good to "see" you. Time flies and I wonder where it has gone! Glad you folks are back in the US and getting ready to settle into a new home. Sooky looks like a real love and I echo the others' sentiments, talk to the shelter about her. They'll probably hold her for you. Heck, maybe even offer to pay for food and litter for her while they hold her.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! I agree with others, talk to the shelter about holding onto to her until you are ready to bring her home, and I bet if you offer to pay her adoption fee now, they'll agree. Adult cats are harder to place these days with the economy, even though she is a gorgeous
red tabby and so rare!! She has an identical expression as my Oscar.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all for the rewelcome!

We went to visit Sookie today. She is beautiful. We also met the other cats and dh is quite taken with this one black male named Bagheera. Bags is a bundle of love! We told them our situation and they let us take Bradley into a room with three potentials. Bags let Bradley pull his tail and he couldn't have cared less. Not that I would let my son become a tail pulled but it is good to know the cats limits. Bradley didn't get to meet Sookie but I did, along with three other older female cats. It is going to be a hard choice when the time comes but the shelter is happy to work with us.

I am so excited.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Good grief has it been nearly 2 years!

Pleased to hear your settling back in, and i hope you get Sookie because she's a beauty!

I don't think i had Jack when you were here last did i?. He's 2 years old now and full of mischief!!
I think that you had just gotten Jack before I left. I remember seeing pictures of him as a TINY thing.

He's a big boy now!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get TWO cats---a black and orange combo sounds really cute!!!! They will also be company for each other when you're busy with your son!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beth! Welcome back!
Glad you guys are back in the US and hope you get your kitty (oh, heck, get two!
) soon.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're actually discussing getting two. lol I still love Sookie (she got pushed out of the attention by some of the other cats) and Hubby has his heart set on Bags. We know Bagheera will be fine with Bradley. He was totally indifferent to having a toddler pulling his tail.

I'm going to let the second cat pick us. We're going to do a group session with five or six cats and then we'll do a one on one with Sookie, just because she's so shy and easily shoved away.

Then there are two tabbys... Boots and Wolf that are simply adorable. Boots, being six months, just wants to sit on someone's lap and get love. Her sister, Wolf, is the opposite and just wants to play play play!!!

Sadly, two cats are our limit. So if Sookie doesn't work maybe one of the "twins" will.