7 cats - how is this fly still alive?????

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - it's two flies. And they've been in the house for two days. Between the 7 cats - these flies are still alive? The cats have been driving us NUTS chasing them around all over the place! Of course NOTHING but the fly exists when they've got it in their sites...

But how - between the 7 of them - can they not have killed at least one of them? Are flies really that difficult? Or are our cats really that spastic?

I think we're going to have to break down and get a fly swatter!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
haha 7 of them cant kill 2 flies bless them haha

do they make that high pitch calling noise when one spots said fly so the others come running haha

id be getting the swatter out now

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are not having any luck killing flies, except Margo. So I'm in the same boat - a buncha cats & a few lousy flies left driving us all nuts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They take turns - though when Ming Loy decides she wants to go for it - everything and everyone better watch out! (No more drinks without tops - cup or bottle. We're real glad right about now we have those cups you can "close."
).

Billy constantly notifies everyone when he's spotted one of them - they just don't come running. He keeps up a dialogue for us though - THERE'S THE FLY! Where'd it go? OH! THERE IT IS AGAIN. I'm going to go for it... MISSED IT. Yes, he keeps us well informed.

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I suggest that you import Homer from the book Homer's Odessey, the blind cat that catches flies by jumping 5 feet into the air after them!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Muddy's 2 brothers (out in Denver) are both kings of fly catching. Particularly Elwood, who uses his polydactyl paws to grab them. Their meowmy doesn't need a fly swatter in that house.

In my household, Muddy does the best, but with 10 cats here, most flies live on.

And why do we feed them anyway if they don't take care of basic things like fly catching?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One fly is buzzing around this morning. Someone must have gotten one!
[size=-2]..or it escaped when we went in or out.[/size]

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel ya, Laurie! bugs have an amazing lifespan in my home too and I have a dozen (or so?) cats
although most of them don't even show any interest, I have the laziest cats EVER!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

This thread cracks me up.
I was reading through the thread, thinking how funny and delightful it was, and formulating what I was going to say, and.......you already said it!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I'm loving the fact we have a mouse living in our hot water cupboard at the moment and everytime I tell someone they are like "Don't you have cats?" "Can't you just put the cats in there and they'll sort it out?"

Yes I have cats. Fat lazy cats that are never hungry and don't want for a thing. Yeah right they're going to put that much energy into catching a mouse.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think they just wanted to keep it around to play with.
They were just being generous kitties and letting their siblings have a chance to play with the flies too!

I actually saw Trent and Ophelia do that with a moth. Of course, that only lasted a few minutes of going back and forth before Ophelia decided enough was enough and just ate it.
It was so funny watching them, though!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, I was just coming to update exactly that! Only it wasn't a case of sharing - just wanting to play with the same "toy."

Billy got it down! He lifted up his paw to see if it was there - it was - and got it down AGAIN!
Of course he then lifted up his paw - and watched it fly away - bounding after it!

NOT!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol sounds like you need my Manny to come over!! He is a bug eating machine!! This cat catches the darnest thigns and tortures them!! Same with Pooh Bear...once there was a spider on the move and I showed it to Pooh...oh my you should have seen her!! She got all excited and....well she ate it

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two babies are excellent at catching flies. In fact, DBF and I even give them a booster lift with the ones that are sitting high on the wall or screen door. They are also pretty good at catching spiders
but we're trying to kill them before the cats get to them.

Good luck on the last fly!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Billy got it down! He lifted up his paw to see if it was there - it was - and got it down AGAIN!
Of course he then lifted up his paw - and watched it fly away - bounding after it!

NOT!
Oh my gosh - you are describing Lucy. She doesn't kill them, just catch and release.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Oh my gosh - you are describing Lucy. She doesn't kill them, just catch and release.
Just "catch and release"! We have kitties that support no-kill! [size=-2]Though not exactly humane.[/size]

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Just "catch and release"! We have kitties that support no-kill! [size=-2]Though not exactly humane.[/size]
I wish you guys would stop it! I'm laughing so hard that I can't breathe and where did you get some of those adorable icons?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel free to borrow Gidget anytime you need a bug killed she will climb curtains going after bugs she has actually had to be rescued off a window going after a fly..LOL...I cant wait till the mice start burrowing holes in our front room where we store wood because Im half tempted to let the cats out there this winter to kill them..*the mice chew holes thru the siding to get inside and live behind the wood pile* I have a house of mighty hunters..LOL..The first night we moved into our trailer the morning we woke up there was a freshly killed mouse in our closet and 2 mighty hunters sleeping in bed with us!! LOL..Thank heavens it was a clean kill and the poor thing wasnt eaten or disemboweled on the floor..