The Secret Santa Hints Thread - 2009

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Signups are now over and we will pull names and get the emails out to you towards the middle of next week.

If you need help with what to buy once getting your name and seeing the hints, you can post more questions here. If the person you are buying for does not answer the questions, you can PM one of our snooping santas to ask them to post. The snoopers are here to help you.

ETA - for those of you that don't have the time to answer all at once, the questions are broken up into categories so it will be easier to answer sections at a time.

Snooping Santas
CoolCat - Super Snooper

Katiemae1277
Miss Mew
Pami

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?
Favorite types of chocolate?
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?

Do you like to cook and/or bake?
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?
Do you paint your nails? What tones?
Do you prefer bath or shower products?
What scents do you like best?
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?
Any colors that you don't like?
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
Do you like homemade gifts?
Do you live in a house or an apartment??
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style?

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Do any of your rooms have special themes?
Do you burn candles?
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?
Do you collect anything?
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies:
Music:
Books:

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?
Are you into crafts? What kinds?

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?
What size shirt do you wear?
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?
What is your shoe/sock size?

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? crunchy things covered in chocolate (nuts, popcorn, pretzels, etc). I love Moose Munch.
Favorite types of chocolate? all of the above
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Don't drink coffee or tea
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? salty
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? just eggs
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? sure
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? almond crescant cookies
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? sardines

Do you like to cook and/or bake? love to cook, hate to bake
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? love cookbooks, particularly ones compiled with home recipes (like church sponsored cook books)

PERSONAL CARE
Favorite scents for lotions? allergic to most scents and don't use
Do you paint your nails? What tones? not very often
Do you prefer bath or shower products? neither
What scents do you like best?none
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? no
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? allergic to scents

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? anything that is a deep earth tone
Any colors that you don't like? pastels, pink
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? deep earth tones or vibrant colors
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? a bar coaster from a local pub
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? candle scents need to be mild - vanilla always works
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 49 and holding
Do you like homemade gifts? love them
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? soft blankets and fluffy pillows
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? unfortunately prefer not to - my house is already very cat themed
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? sardines

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'm a kid at Christmas and will open right away

DECORATING
Kitchen browns, rusts, deep oranges and golds, cream
Living area brown, rusts, cream
Bathrooms don't want anything here - they need to be replaced
bedrooms red/gold
what is your decorating style? southwest mission in some rooms, beach in others
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? geometric over floral
Do any of your rooms have special themes? my sun room is a beach room
Do you burn candles? yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? no Christmas decorations - they wouldn't last with all of my critters
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? no (see above)
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? no
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes - browns, rusts

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies? sewing (as in on sewing machines of any kind)
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? LOVE jigsaw puzzles
Do you collect anything? cat hair
Movies:
Music: DH takes care of this - wouldn't want duplicates
Books: political autobiographies (and have most already)

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? no
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? no
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? scientific
Are you into crafts? What kinds? I do a lot of crafts, and would love to get into beadworking and candlemaking

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? I don't have pierced ears
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? big gaudy baubles
What size shirt do you wear? large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? hate sweatshirts, OK with any other type
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? no
What is your shoe/sock size? 9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) 10 cats, 3 dogs
Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! cats love greenies, dogs love anything with meat in it
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? absolutely nothing with fish in it
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) anything with small parts that can be eaten by my dog (she eats cat toys also)
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? no
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I own every kind of brush there is
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? all of the above

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I am up early and woke up with Christmas craft projects running through my head, so I might as well be one of the first to answer the questions, lol!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?I will eat just about anything ....literally!
Favorite types of chocolate? I have to pick just one? Seriously, I love any of it from white to the darkest, bitterest dark.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? yes, yes and yes. I do hate the anise/licorice flavor though.....it makes me sick to my stomach. Love any strongly flavored teas, am a coffee nut, and love hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? yes and yes
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? both, depending on my mood, I love to try new things, especially things that I can't get here in Alabama
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?nope, my husband is allergic to peanuts. And I am a diabetic, but I don't totally disallow sugar from my diet, when I get good, sweet things I have learned to enjoy them over a period of a few days....not scarf the whole thing, lol!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?yes
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? any that I don't have to cook myself
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? only any hint of licorice
Do you like to cook and/or bake? yes and yes
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? we collect 'em. Any would be nice, but especially if you find one that a church/civic organizaton/etc. has put together, that would be great!

PERSONAL CARE
Favorite scents for lotions?any
Do you paint your nails? What tones? yes, whatever the mood strikes
Do you prefer bath or shower products? both.. I shower daily but I dearly adore a nice, hot bath (preferably with a book and hot chocolate, lol!)
What scents do you like best? just about anything , but love powder fresh scents and cherry
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? nope, I keep mine cut short and curled
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? eeek...my favorite is Romance, but its expensive. I have a lot of perfume allergies=they give me migranes, but Lady Stetson, Loves' Baby Soft, most really light things are ok.
GENERAL

What is your favorite color?pink, purple
Any colors that you don't like?no
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? any and all
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?some small something unique to their part of the world.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? funny, perfumes give me migraines, but scented candles do not..go figure. My hubby loves the smell of sandalwood..hint, hint, heehee.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds by the time Christmas gets here, I will be 41
Do you like homemade gifts?they're the best
Do you live in a house or an apartment??mobile home
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?a soft fleecy throw, fuzzy warm house-socks, warm gloves 'cuz my hands freeze in the winter, as do my feet.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? dear lord no....I collect anything and everything cat....cat sheets, cat throws, cat figurines, cat pictures, I even have a small collection of cat cookie jars and cat salt and pepper shakers. Cat Christmas ornaments and stuffies too.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? no
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? honey, I'm totally on the dark side, LOL!

DECORATING
Kitchen cream, burgandy, dark blue, some dark green accents
Living area see above
Bathrooms one is blue/burg/green the other is more purply mauve with gold accents
bedrooms various shades of blue

what is your decorating style? country/eclectic.....I have everything from antiques to basic modern stuff...nothing really modern/wild though
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?love both, don't care for plaid
Do any of your rooms have special themes?cat fur
Do you burn candles?yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?yes, doesn't matter....collect kitty themed ones and dated ones
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? yes
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? nope
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes. any color is fine, will match one of the cats

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies? sewing, reading, cross stitching, dollhouse miniatures, quilting
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?any except sudoku
Do you collect anything? mostly cat stuff, old country vinyl lp's, sheet music
Movies:horror, comedy, just about anything except vampires
Music:favorite is Southern gospel, followed by all country, oldies and new, oldies Rock and roll, 70's and 80's top stuff, folk music is good, just please no rap/heavy metal
Books:I will read almost anything that is not nailed down, with the exception of Harlequin type romances

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?no.....want one though
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?not a bit...just include a little about the book...like where you got it, how you liked it. Truthfully, I shop more at used book stores than new ones!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? most craft mags, Cosmo, Glamour, People, Readers Digest
Are you into crafts? What kinds?I love to craft. Any kind of sewing/stitching except crochet and knitting, and I love to try new things.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?ears are peirced twice, must have hypo allergenic posts
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?I wear my wedding band at all times, like the occasional ring, bracelet , ankle bracelet or necklace. Ring sz 7, small wrists, thick neck and thick ankles *(that's what happens when you twist them too many times as a kid)
What size shirt do you wear? XL
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?solids, any but yellow
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?yes
What is your shoe/sock size?9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! varying numbers of cats , always at least 5. As of the moment, I don't have any with any preferred treats, aside from soft ones for my oldest one. Toys? Anything that bounces, moves, squeaks, can be left in my shoe for me to find, etc......between this many, there's always someone who will play with anything!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?no
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?no
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? just a standard narrow toothed flea comb
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? yes to catnip, little addicts! Not sure about the other two though.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? mostly savoury but not salted
Favorite types of chocolate? erm i dont eat a lot of it, but when i do its plain milk chocolate
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? i love coffee has to be caffinated none of that decaf stuff lol
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? no
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? neither tend to be a nice bit of cheese
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? nope none at all (that i have found anyways haha)
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? yeah
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? chocolate chip
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? no
Do you like to cook and/or bake? i love to cook but i cant bake
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? i love them i love chinese cook books

PERSONAL CARE
Favorite scents for lotions? Strawberry or citrus types
Do you paint your nails? What tones? i do and colours range from clear to bright red but not pink
Do you prefer bath or shower products? shower coz i dont have a bath haha
What scents do you like best? Strawberry or citrus ones
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? yeah i tend to tie my hair up for work
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? dont really use them
GENERAL

What is your favorite color? purple
Any colors that you don't like? any shade of pink
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? i like bright colours
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? something to do with the town they live in
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? not due to allergies but nothing with lavender or vanilla
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds im 23
Do you like homemade gifts? yeah
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? live in a flat (appartment)
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? big soft cushions
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? yes but nothing to over the top
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? anything with lavender or vanilla
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? wait untill christmas i like having presents around the tree haha

DECORATING
Kitchen a strange beige colour
Living area beige and brown
Bathrooms green
bedrooms in the middle of decoracting them but it will be a deep purple colour and a light sandy colour
what is your decorating style? paint its so much easier haha
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? i like solid colours but also stripes
Do any of your rooms have special themes? no dont think so
Do you burn candles? i tend not to because of the cats but i do display them
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? i have a bit of everything really the kits are good the only play with the plastic ones haha
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? yeah
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? i like lots of colour at christmas so theres a bit of everything haha
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? love them any colour really

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! i dont think i have any but im wanting to take one up
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? i love sudoku's
Do you collect anything? i didnt think i did but i do i collect walking stick mounts
Movies: scary ones
Music: dont really listen to it, just whatever is on the radio
Books: true crime books

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? no if its used normally means its good because someone has already read it
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? dont really read them unless the TV mag counts haha
Are you into crafts? What kinds? No

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? i have and not allergic to any
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? i do im a bracelet sort of girl
What size shirt do you wear? Medium
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? smart/casual tops really
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? prints i like anything thats different
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? I dont understand
What is your shoe/sock size? 5 i gots little feet haha

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! ive got 2 cats and fishes the fish dont really have treats other than there food but the cats are quite partial to chicken based treats
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? nope these two will eat anything you put in front of them haha
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) no dont think so they are always supervisied when playing with toys
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? yeah they do sooty's is a leather type one and flash's is a red diamonte one
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? they have a pet mit and and metal brush
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? they love catnip

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so excited! SS time is here

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? I like pasta and desserts

Favorite types of chocolate? Milk chocolate
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Tea & hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Not really
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Sweet...anything chocolate, I like caramel too
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Probably

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Again anything with chocolate
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? No
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Only when I have to
I use my crockpot alot

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Not really

PERSONAL CARE
Favorite scents for lotions? Pretty much everything but not citrus scents
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Sometimes, nothing too wild
Do you prefer bath or shower products? shower
What scents do you like best? all but citrus
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? My hair is quite short but I sometimes wear small barretts
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? All

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Blue
Any colors that you don't like? Lime green, yellow
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Pastels and earth tones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Anything unique to their area...if my SS is from the US I LOVE Yankee candles (they closed the last store that sold them in my area)
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No, but I love fall and winter scents
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 31
Do you like homemade gifts? Yup

Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Sitting by the fireplace with a blanket and a book
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Not everything
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Not really
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I usually open it the moment it comes through the door but I will respect my SS's wishes

DECORATING
Kitchen Beige and mauve
Living area Brown
Bathrooms Brown
bedrooms Our room blue and brown. My daughter light green and pink
what is your decorating style? Very simple
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids or simple prints
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No
Do you burn candles? YES

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Both but the religious aspect of Christmas is the most important part of the season in our family

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yup
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Mix match Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes, any kind

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Reading, scrapbooking
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? No..don't have the patience

Do you collect anything? No
Movies: comedy, drama & romance
Music: Pretty much everything..nothing too obnxious though!
Books: Anything vampire (Twilight, Interview with the Vampire) and biographies
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? MP3
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Home decorating, scrapbooking
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Scrapbooking..I'm working on my daughter's scrapbook. It's a girly pastel theme

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? yes and no
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Necklaces
What size shirt do you wear? medium
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? blouses and sweaters
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? sure
What is your shoe/sock size? 7

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 3 cats
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Anything that can be pulled off and eaten should be avoided (eyes and whatnot) Sydney rips them off and eats them.

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? No
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? A detangler (not sure of the name)
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? catnip

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? pizza, anything with cheese
Favorite types of chocolate?truffles
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?no
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?no
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?no
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?no
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?sugar and peanut butter
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?coconut
Do you like to cook and/or bake?love to cook and bake
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? quick easy meals

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? not vanilla
Do you paint your nails? What tones?yes cooler tones
Do you prefer bath or shower products? I'm allergic to most
What scents do you like best? fruity
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?no short hair
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?Victorias secret pink

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?blue or pink
Any colors that you don't like? no
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? vibrant
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?postcard
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?no shower gel or bubble bath and no vanilla scent
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds24
Do you like homemade gifts?love them
Do you live in a house or an apartment??house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?books
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?yes
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?no
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? wait probably

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?just bought the house so none
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style?warm, contemporary
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?no floral
Do you burn candles?not really with the cats
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?yes, religious
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?yes
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?traditional
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes, any

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!turtles
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? love wordsearches
Do you collect anything? glass turtles, willow tree angels
Movies: chick flicks, comedy (we have like 400 DVDS)
Music: country
Books: fiction, amish theme

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?yes, i-pod
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?not at all
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? gossip
Are you into crafts? What kinds?not really

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?yes I do, no allergies
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? yes, I like dangly earrings
What size shirt do you wear?womens/adult medium
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?t-shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?not so much
What is your shoe/sock size?I wear a size 7 in womens shoes

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have four cats, two males (both around 2 years of age), two females (one six months, the other 1.5) and four box turtles (one male three females) The cats love just about anything can't really buy much for the turtles
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? The cats are raw fed, so they only get dehydrated meat treats
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)I try to avoid string because one female is 6 months old
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? One female does as she is outdoor only, she currently has a reflective breakaway on

What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? We use combs

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? One male reacts to catnip

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? chocolate! lol
Favorite types of chocolate? dark chocolate truffles
nothing with fruit or coconut

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Don't drink coffee or tea
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? sweet
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? sure
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? peanut butter kisses!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? hate coconut!
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I do cook and bake some, but am a bit lazy about it
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? anything

PERSONAL CARE
Favorite scents for lotions? allergic to most
Do you paint your nails? What tones? not very often
Do you prefer bath or shower products? neither
What scents do you like best?none
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? no
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? allergic to scents

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? don't really have a favorite. like black,purple, red
Any colors that you don't like? orange, yellow or lime green, yuck! lol
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? deep earth tones or vibrant colors
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? anything!
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? nothing floral or perfumey. "food" scents are good. love melon, peach, etc. Just today discovered cinnamon candy scent by Yankee Candle! Yummy!
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 29 with 9 years experience! (38)
Do you like homemade gifts? sure
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? apartment, so no yard or outdoor items
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? dark chocolate, a good book and a fluffy blanket
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? love cat-themed stuff!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? no coffee, tea or lotions/bath stuff
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? firmly entrenched in the dark side

DECORATING
Kitchen blue and black
Living area nothing matches at the moment
Bathrooms purple
bedrooms no particular color
what is your decorating style? modern yard sale, lol
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solid or pattern is fine, not much into floral though
Do any of your rooms have special themes? nope
Do you burn candles? yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? just a tree, no religious
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I Love ornaments, especially cat ones
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? multi-color
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? sure, black/brown/burgundy, etc.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies? reading
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? dont' have the patience
Do you collect anything? cat stuff, Wile E Coyote
Movies:
Music: don't watch many
Books: fantasy, romance, but I have more than I'll ever read

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? no
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? cat magazines are nice but i don't subscribe to anything.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? nope

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? pierced, but usually only wear gold due to allergies
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? don't wear much, bracelets are nice
What size shirt do you wear? x-large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? never have, but sure!
What is your shoe/sock size? 9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) 2 cats, Riley and Xander
Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! favorite treats are Halo Liv-a-littles chicken treats, but will eat most anything
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? no allergies
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) nope, they're good with whatever
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? have plenty already
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? all of the above

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your favorite types of food? - Sweet and salty snacks

Favorite types of chocolate? - milk chocolate - no dark or white

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? - coffee and hot choc, no tea

Do you like flavored coffee or tea? - flav coffee yes

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? - really anything

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? - no

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? - yep as long as they don't have cat hair in them

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? - chewy choc chip, not a big fan of shortbread

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?- raisins

Do you like to cook and/or bake? - a little

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? - I mostly use the internet

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? - I like everything! Fruity is good though

Do you paint your nails? What tones? - nice neutrals

Do you prefer bath or shower products? - both!

What scents do you like best? - any!

Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? - not really

What's your favorite perfume or body spray? - I collect them, so any!

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? - blue

Any colors that you don't like? - shades (black, white or grey)

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? - all colours as long as they are a shade

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? - something from their own country

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? - no

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds - late 20's

Do you like homemade gifts? - if they can be used for something, yes!

Do you live in a house or an apartment?? - apartment

What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? - chocolate, fuzzy socks

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? - either way

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? - dust collectors (but candles are A-OKAY..lol) I like things that have a use.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Probably right away

DECORATING
Kitchen - white
Living area - neutrals and dark brown
Bathrooms - white, blue
bedrooms - dark wine and white

what is your decorating style? - whatever really
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? - no floral please, anything else works

Do any of your rooms have special themes? - no

Do you burn candles? yes!

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? - not really, Trout will eat them

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? - not until we have kids

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? - no tree this year

- yep, blues and browns are nice

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! - reading, internet, working out

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? - not really

Do you collect anything? - candles and fragrances

Movies: anything good, I like all genres
Music: unfortunately pop

Books: mystery, thriller

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? - yep

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? - no

What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? fitness, cosmo

Are you into crafts? What kinds? -no

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?- yes, allergic to nickel

Do you like jewelry? What kinds? - earrings is prety much it

What size shirt do you wear? - medium

Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? - tshirts and sweaters

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? - anything but floral

Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? yessiree

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! -just one kitty cat

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? nope

Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Not really

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? -nope

What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? - zoom groom

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? catnip yes but the others she hasn't tried.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your favorite types of food? - Sweet and salty snacks

Favorite types of chocolate? - milk chocolate - no dark or white

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? - coffee and hot choc, no tea

Do you like flavored coffee or tea? - flav coffee yes

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? - really anything

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? - no

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? - yep as long as they don't have cat hair in them

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? - chewy choc chip, not a big fan of shortbread

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?- raisins

Do you like to cook and/or bake? - a little

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? - I mostly use the internet

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? - I like everything! Fruity is good though

Do you paint your nails? What tones? - nice neutrals

Do you prefer bath or shower products? - both!

What scents do you like best? - any!

Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? - not really

What's your favorite perfume or body spray? - I collect them, so any!

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? - blue

Any colors that you don't like? - shades (black, white or grey)

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? - all colours as long as they are a shade

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? - something from their own country

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? - no

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds - late 20's

Do you like homemade gifts? - if they can be used for something, yes!

Do you live in a house or an apartment?? - apartment

What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? - chocolate, fuzzy socks

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? - either way

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? - dust collectors (but candles are A-OKAY..lol) I like things that have a use.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Probably right away

DECORATING
Kitchen - white
Living area - neutrals and dark brown
Bathrooms - white, blue
bedrooms - dark wine and white

what is your decorating style? - whatever really
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? - no floral please, anything else works

Do any of your rooms have special themes? - no

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? - not really, Trout will eat them

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? - not until we have kids

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? - no tree this year

- yep, blues and browns are nice

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! - reading, internet, working out

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? - not really

Do you collect anything? - candles and fragrances

Movies: anything good, I like all genres
Music: unfortunately pop

Books: mystery, thriller

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? - yep

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? - no

What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? fitness, cosmo

Are you into crafts? What kinds? -no

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?- yes, allergic to nickel

Do you like jewelry? What kinds? - earrings is prety much it

What size shirt do you wear? - medium

Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? - tshirts and sweaters

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? - anything but floral

Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? yessiree

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! -just one kitty cat

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? nope

Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Not really

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? -nope

What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? - zoom groom

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? catnip yes but the others she hasn't tried.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fun fun fun

here we go:
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Ethnic - Indian, Brasilian, Mexican, Korean... Think lots of spices, colors, different flavors and pepper!
Favorite types of chocolate? LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate! White is my favorite, Milk my second. Do NOT like mint chocolate.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? All, but don't really care for tea - will drink it and enjoy it, but won't buy it.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? no
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? salty
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? I wish - maybe then I would be skinnier

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? absolutely!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? all of them!!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? anis, or liquorish

Do you like to cook and/or bake? no
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? no

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? nothing sweet - it gives me migraines... earthy, woody scents are better. No vanilla, cinnamon, etc. Some flowers are ok, as long as they are not too strong.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? I have literally dozens and dozens of bottles...
What scents do you like best? same as for lotions
barrettes/hair-slides
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Chloe and First

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Red
Any colors that you don't like? no, not really... I think it is more a matter of placement

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? My house is more rustic and vintage, so I guess muted, earth tone, but still colorful - there is a lot of red, green and wood color here.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? something that depicts their hometown, and that comes from their heart.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? no, but any very sweet strong scent will not be used as they will give me a migraine.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 35
Do you like homemade gifts? yes!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? apartment
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? it really depends... sorry...
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? they are fine and cute!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? I would like my SS to choose from his/her heart - that would be more valuable for me...it's a gift...
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? well....in Brasil it is rude to wait to open a gift.... just saying, can't be rude, you know?!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? white - all of them
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style? rustic/eclectic

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solid
Do any of your rooms have special themes? no themes, but pretty much all my furniture is vintage.
Do you burn candles? rarely
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?no
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?no
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?no
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes!!!! red!

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!reading....... walking... and that's it, I am boring!
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? no
Do you collect anything? souvenirs from the the places I visit
Movies: Action, Drama
Music:
Beatles, Pink Floyd, Simon & Garfunkel, James Taylor, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Morcheeba, Eric Clapton, MPB, Bossa Nova...

Books: 100 years of Solitude, Love in the times of cholera, house of spirits, like water for chocolate, harry potter

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? yes!!!
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? sure, no problem at all!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? cats, like cat fancy, and the usual, like mary claire, Cosmopolitan, InStyle....
Are you into crafts? What kinds? no

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? pierced ears on top and bottom, allergic to everything but gold and silver
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? yes! all kinds
What size shirt do you wear? L/XL
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shits
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? never have....
What is your shoe/sock size? 8.5/9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 3 kitties
LUcky: She love balls!!! loves loves loves!! Anything that I can play fetch with her is game! Her favorite treat seems to be temptations or that purina lickins' thing, but I avoid it because of Bugsy.
She also loves the turbo scratcher!
Bugsy! Favorite toy is DaBird with the Cat Catcher as the attachment, catnip pillows, and the Yeowww! Catnip Banana - he goes NUTS with that!!! He is allergic to chicken, so even a piece of treat will give him diarrhea...
Hope will play with pretty much anything and everything.... she loves wandsm ball, the turbo scratcher... she is the life of the house! Loves treats - she is a piglet.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? for bugsy anythig with chicken... so something different chicken free would be nice

Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) no, bring it on!!

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? yes, they do - ragtime/boomerang. Hope doesn't have a collar yet.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have a metal comb, a boar bear bristle brush, a nylon brush, a metal brush, a rubber "smart brush", the furminator, a flea comb, a brush that is kind of a combination - it is hard like a comb, but shaped like a brush... whew! lots hehe!
catnip - never tried the other ones....

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? all kinds
Favorite types of chocolate? white
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? coffee and tea
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? depends on the flavor
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? sweet
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? no
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? yes
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? chocolate chip
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? no
Do you like to cook and/or bake? yes
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? no

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? coconut
Do you paint your nails? What tones? yes, reds, pinks,blues,purples
What scents do you like best? coconut or fresh scents (no floral)
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? yes
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? ps i love you bath and bdy works

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? light blues, sea colors
Any colors that you don't like? no
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? earth tones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? anything would be fine
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? no
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds - 34
Do you like homemade gifts? yes
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? does not matter
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? no
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? probably right away

DECORATING
Kitchen - white
Living area - white
Bathrooms - white
bedrooms - white
what is your decorating style? art deco
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solid colors or prints
Do any of your rooms have special themes? no
Do you burn candles? yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? does not matter
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? no
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? yes
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes color does not matter

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? puzzles sometimes
Do you collect anything? disney stuff.anything The nightmare before Christmas, angels and fairies
Movies: Twilight, True blood, Disney movies
Music: country, alternative rock, rock,pop
Books: vampire

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? yes
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? do not get much time to read
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? cat, gardening
Are you into crafts? What kinds? yes

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? yes, but am highly allergic to anything not made of steal, silver or gold
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? bracelets, necklaces,
What size shirt do you wear? xl
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shirts or sweatshirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solid or prints
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? no
What is your shoe/sock size? 8 and a half

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 5 cats they love to play with everything
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? no
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) no
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? just a cat brush
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? yes

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Just about anything set in front of me except seafood.
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, with whipped cream, please.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? No
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Like both, depends on my moods.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? You betcha!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Chocolate chip, soft and chewy. As for the holidays, I looooove Archway's cashew nougat cookies.

And i must mention that delight from down under - TIM TAMS!

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? I am not fond of coconut or hazelnuts/filberts.

Do you like to cook and/or bake? Used to.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? No thank you.

PERSONAL CARE -

Not much into fancy care products. I tend to stick to simple things.

Favorite scents for lotions? None
Do you paint your nails? What tones? No
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower
What scents do you like best? Honeysuckle, citrus
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Usually barrettes.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Love Jontue, but have enough for a few years thanks to family members.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Turquoise
Any colors that you don't like? Pink
Do you like more vibrant colors, t fond of baby pink
pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Love vibrant gemmy colors.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Any chocolate
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No, besides, I have access to lots of candles thanks to my sis.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 52
Do you like homemade gifts? Yes!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? Two room carriage house.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Chocolate
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? okay, though not much room for knickknacks here.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? RIGHT AWAY!!! I am a charter member of the Dark Side.

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? Blue and white tend to dominate.

what is your decorating style? Early hodge podge.

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids
Do you burn candles? Yes, usually when the power goes out.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes, I decorate somewhat. They tend to be secular
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Not really.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? YEs, most in navy, burgundy, and turquoise.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Guess genealogy fits here since I have inherited tons of old pics to sort through
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I like Penny Press variety puzzles.
Do you collect anything? Chocolate count?.

Movies: Comedies, musicals
Music: Eclectic mix but mostly classical
Books: Whatever looks interesting.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No Bought a lot of used books myself
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Whatever looks interesting
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Jewelry making

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? No piercings. No metal allergies but my skin can dissolve some cheap metals.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I'm the Gemlady!
What size shirt do you wear? Very very very very very very very very very extremely large.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids so they don't clase with my jewelry.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Sure, got some warm fuzzy ones last year and love them!
What is your shoe/sock size? I wear a US size 11 shoe

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! Two spoiled cats, both love catnip and fuzzy mice.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No,
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have wire brush for Topaz's short but thick hair.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? LOOOOOOOOOOVE catnip, but not sure about the others.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wowzers

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? the only foods I don't like are watermelon, celery and liver

Favorite types of chocolate?like milk the best, but dark is good too. Not a big fan of white. I also love chocoalte covered crunchy things like nuts and pretzels
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?I drink all of the above
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? tea yes, but not fruity flavors and I do not like flavored coffee
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?probably sweet: i love jelly beans and starbursts
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?sure!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?snickerdoodles, oatmeal raisin, choc chip, white chocolate macadamia nut

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?not really
Do you like to cook and/or bake?I do, I just don't

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I already have a ton collecting dust on my shelves

PERSONAL CARE please please please do not get me any bath or body stuff

Do you paint your nails? What tones?no I don't
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?I wear a thin plastic head band every once in awhile

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? this one!
Any colors that you don't like? not really
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I like pastels and jewel tones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? a keychain from their country
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?I do not like cucumber melon, but that's jsut preference
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds will be 32 by Xmas!
Do you like homemade gifts? yeppers!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? a trailer
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? rainy days on the couch watching TV snuggling with my kitties, can you send me some rain for Xmas?

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? cat gifts are great!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?bath and body products
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I will open it right away!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? I don't really hve a theme or any decorating style
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? no preference
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I don't put up very many, but I do hang a door decoration and I prefer secular
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?I don't have a tree
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? don't decorate, but I like the traditional red white and green
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? I realyl have enough of these

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!watching TV, reading
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Sudoku is fun
Do you collect anything? cat fur

Movies: action/adventure
Music: I listen to almost everything, but my faves are R&B and hip-hop
Books: I like romance novels and classic literature, but I will read anything

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? nope
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?not at all!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I don't really read magazines too much
Are you into crafts? What kinds?nope, no patience for them

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?I can only wear solid gold
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I love jewelry, but don't wear alot cause of the gold thing
What size shirt do you wear?XL
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?t-shirts or sweatshirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solid
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?love socks!!!!
What is your shoe/sock size?9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have 13 cats, I think
and one dog. There's enough cats that at least one of them will like anything, but most of them seem to like Greenies. Vino, the dog, likes chewy treats and plain biscuits. The cats like fuzzy mice and Vino likes small stuffed puppy toys

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? no
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)nope!
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? no they don't
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?I have one of pretty much everything
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? they like the nip!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?I'll eat just about anything!
Favorite types of chocolate?Anything with nuts..milk chocolate preferably.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?Coffee
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?not really, maybe vanilla flavored coffee, but normally just go with strong black.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?Depends on my mood, but I tend to go for salty things.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?Not that I know of.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?Definitely!!!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?Chocolate chip, oatmeal, and suger cookies decorated with icing.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?Nope.
Do you like to cook and/or bake?I love to cook, but baking is a pain!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Most of my receipes are in my head (ingrained by my mom) but I love to try new (simple) things.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Vanilla or musk
Do you paint your nails? What tones?Nails? what are those?
so...no.

Do you prefer bath or shower products?Shower please. The bath tub is a storage place right now.
What scents do you like best? Vanilla, musk, apple is nice too.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?I use scrunchies every day.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?Normally don't use any except for special occasions.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?blues and pinks
Any colors that you don't like? Not big on earth tones.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I love vibrant colors
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?Something from their culture, or a shot glass (we have a collection).
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?No.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr oldsI'll be 40 come Christmas (NO over the hill things!!)
Do you like homemade gifts?Absolutely! They are the best!!
Do you live in a house or an apartment??House
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?Hmmm...snuggling under a warm blanket watch movies with a fire going? Wanna send some firewood?
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?Now, that's a stupid question!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?Not that I can think of.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Right away!!!!

DECORATING
KitchenBlack and blue
Living areaLiving room is light blue and pink, family room is dark blue and gold.
Bathroomssage and dusty rose (guest bathroom), master bath is a hodgepodge of what ever is clean.
bedroomsstarted out burgandy and gold but also turned into a hodgepodge
what is your decorating style?ummm...simplistic hodgepodge?
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?Since it's "simplistic hodgepodge" I don't care!

Do any of your rooms have special themes?Not really, unless clutter is a theme.
Do you burn candles?YES!!!
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?I love Christmas decorations, and it doesn't matter.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?Absolutely!!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?Nope. It's a hodgepodge just like everything else.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? I LOVE blankets/throws. I use them every day to try to keep hair off the couch. For colors...well, anything. Patterns are always good because the hair just kind of blends in.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!Only reading.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not really.
Do you collect anything? I love mythological creatures...unicorns, dragons, etc.
Movies: suspence
Music: Pretty much anything!
Books:vampire/paranormal.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?No.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?Not at all!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Not really into magazines
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Nothing really..not very artistic.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? I do, I'm not allergic, but rarely wear earrings.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Not a jewelry kind of gal.
What size shirt do you wear? Large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T-shirts or sweatshirts.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?no floral for clothes please.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Truefully, I get enought of them from my MIL. I usually just wear DH's socks.

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!Oh good lord. Currently, we have 7 resident cats (some indoor/outdoor), 3 older kittens about 6 months which we are TRYING to find homes for, and a kitten around 6-7 wks that we are weaning off of KMR and is eating solid food. Plus our dogs: a chocolate lab, a Samoyed, a lab/shepard mix, and a pug. The dogs love everything although plush toys with squeaks in them last about 2 mins. They love balls or those thick "tug-of-war" ropes. For the cats, they play with just about anything...until the dogs steal it when we're not looking. One thing I can't find around here for some reason is those Mylar balls, the crinkly ones. Monster goes crazy over them and it's the only thing she will play with. Treats for the kitties? Temptations!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Nope, not that I know of.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)No.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?everything from a flee comb to a regular hair brush.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? 4 of 7 of my cats LOVE catnip! The other 3 couldn't care less (the kittens aren't reacting to it at all but they may still be too young.)

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? sushi!
Favorite types of chocolate? milk chocolate
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? i looooooooove tea, and hot chocolate is OK too

Do you like flavored coffee or tea? flavoured tea is one of my favourite things, always willing to try new flavours
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? sweet and salty! I'm a sucker for chocolate with nuts
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? haha nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? from the TCS I would!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? gingersnaps
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? nope
Do you like to cook and/or bake? sure do!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I have all the 'generic cook books' and lots of snack cook books, but I don't have any ethnic cook books......

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? flowers, gardenia
Do you paint your nails? What tones? nope
What scents do you like best? flowers, gardenia
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? yes! I love things for my hair
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Don't wear perfume, don't like it. Scented lotions are best

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? hmmm chocolate brown?
Any colors that you don't like? bright orange
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? pastels
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? chocolate!
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? nope, I'm not a huge fan of incense, but I LOVE scented candles
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds - 25
Do you like homemade gifts? yes, I am very into homemade
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House! my first

What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? my cats.... haha
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? nope, I like cat themed or not cat themed, either way I'm happy!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? anything hockey themed that is from a team other then the toronto maple leafs, or anything 'pink'. NO PINK! :p
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? hmmm I don't know
probably won't be able to wait very long

DECORATING
Kitchen - chocolate brown and white
Living area - light greeny-grey
Bathrooms - white
bedrooms - light blue
what is your decorating style? - hockey themed
Do any of your rooms have special themes? - the whole house has a 'hockey theme'
Do you burn candles? yes yes yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I put up TONS of christmas decorations, any theme is nice
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? yes I sure do!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? silver and blye
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? I have tons of these, no need!

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! HOCKEY! Toronto Maple Leafs! Sewing, Crafting, Scrapbooking, Horse back riding, Mountain Biking
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? not really
Do you collect anything? anything NHL or Toronto Maple Leafs
Movies: - Funny Movies and chick flicks.....
Music: - Everything!
Books: - Biological Thrillers

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? - Both
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Nope
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?craft ones
Are you into crafts? What kinds? - I love sewing, it's my favourite, but I also like scrapbooking, making homemade cards, etc.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? - pierced ears and no allergies, I love earing
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? - I like necklaces and earings, only wear silver no gold
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Tee-shirts!
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? sure do!
What is your shoe/sock size? ladies 7.5

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 2 cats! they like anything that someone else buys them. they never play with the things I buuy! so I'm always looking for new toys
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? no collars
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? i have a furminator already
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? love catnip! never tried the others but would be curious to try!

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Probably pasta, but I'm a bit of a "foody"
Favorite types of chocolate? Any good dark chocolate

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I drink tons of tea, but I also like good coffee and hot chocolate.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Yes! I just don't like fruity teas.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Sure
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Shortbread, anything with lots of nuts and/or chocolate
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Dried fruit
(No raisins, cherries, etc.)

Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I love getting cookbooks that are geographically or culturally specific

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Anything but floral scents
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Just my toes, any color that suits my mood
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower
What scents do you like best? Again, nothing floral.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Just plain bands.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? I don't wear perfume.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Eggplant purple, turquoise, chartreuse, charcoal gray
Any colors that you don't like? Pink, orange
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Earth tones, rich tones, anything but pastels.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Something from where they live, maybe something that I wouldn't see in the US.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No allergies, but I don't like floral or "perfumey" scents
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 24
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? A hot cup of tea, a good snack and a movie.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I don't decorate with cat-themed things, but something else might be okay
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I would wait until Christmas under explicit instruction from my SS, otherwise I found myself quite comfortable on the Dark Side last year.

DECORATING
Kitchen - Turquoise
Living area - White, charcoal, no accent color yet
Bathrooms - Neutrals, chartreuse green
bedrooms - Dark purple and green
what is your decorating style? Modern/eclectic
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid
Do you burn candles? Yes, I love coffee scented candles, hazelnut or caramel too.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Secular
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Sure
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Not really, it's a pretty good assortment
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Sure, any of the colors in my house

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Ceramics, cycling, traveling, anything outdoors, art related things
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I do sudoku on my iPod, but that's about it.
Do you collect anything? I collect ceramic cups from different potters and ceramic artists.
Movies: I am a movie fanatic but it's hard to pull out a favorite
Music: Devendra Banhart, Death Cab for Cutie, Royksopp
Books: I mostly read magazines or art related books.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? iPod
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No, but I don't read much
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I like gossip mags (InTouch, People, etc.) and American Craft
Are you into crafts? What kinds? I am a potter, also a big fan of wood turning and glass blowing.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? I should really only wear surgical steel
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Earrings
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Sweatshirts this time of year
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Sure
What is your shoe/sock size? 7.5 or 8

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 3 cats. Ramsay is a lover of those foil crinkly balls and all things feathered, Finn is our resident catnip-aholic, and Gus will play with anything he sees someone else having a good time with

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Just Gus has chicken and grain allergies
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Those squishy sparkly balls...I once had to pull one out of Gus's throat, he tried to swallow it!
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Nope, they've mastered break-away collar escape.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Fine metal comb for Finn's long hair.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Catnip for sure! I don't think we've tried the others.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Italian and Mexican
Favorite types of chocolate? Dark Chocolate
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Love Starbucks and love hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? I love Starbucks flavors: Passion Tea and latte's
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both!!! Together!!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? No, sorry!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Chocolate Chip or M&M's
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Nope, like everything just about
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I love to decorate cakes, so I love Wilton cake and cupcake supplies
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Yes, cookies, cakes, pastries

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Apple, Coconut Lime, anything but Vanilla
Do you paint your nails? What tones? No
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Both are fine
What scents do you like best? See above including Raspberry scents
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Nope
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Love Victoria Secret's Pure Seduction

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Pink
Any colors that you don't like? Nope
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Doesn't matter
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? If they are from Germany, they can send me some wine!!
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? I am tired of Vanilla scents
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 27
Do you like homemade gifts? Love them!
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Chocolates and fuzzy things (houseshoes and blankets)
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I collect cat things, love WhimsiClay cats
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Nope
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? It depends if they if they want me to wait until Christmas or open it right away

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? My house is beige with deeps red, we are about to start painting so we'll have different colors soon, we just don't know what yet
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style? Don't really have one
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? doesn't matter
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Nope, just plain
Do you burn candles? sometimes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? All kinds
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? YES!!!!!!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Nope, all colors but mostly green, red, blue, white
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes! any!

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! cake decorating and scrapbooking
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Love wordsearches
Do you collect anything? Cats and frogs
Movies: Julia Roberts ones
Music: Country
Books: Sophie Kinsella

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? iphone
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? nope
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Home ones
Are you into crafts? What kinds? yes, beading jewelry

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes and No
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Yes, and not too big
What size shirt do you wear? Large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? All
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Doesn't matter
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Yes!!
What is your shoe/sock size? 10

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! Mittens-tabby, he loves catnip, and anything on a string. He loves Whiskas treats. Watson (dog, german shepherd), loves any kind of treats especially raw hide bones
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Mittens is allergic to the Temptations treats
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope, not that I can think of
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Nope, but he does need a new one!!
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? bristle kind...?
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle catnip

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, done the marathon...

FOOD

*Almost anything -- I love food

*I'm a chocolate snob. The garden variety stuff is a waste of time and money. My strong preference is for dark chocolate, though nice milk chocolate is good too. Not much intersted in white.
*Yes, yes, and yes. Don't actually drink that much tea, or hot chocolate for that matter, and the latter I prefer to make from scratch with whole milk and nice cocoa. Coffee is an every day ritual, dark roasts, unflavoured, though we do spice our coffee.
*In coffee, I prefer to do my own flavouring; in tea, the flavoured ones can be lovely. Don't drink that much tea, but I really do enjoy things like the Celestial Seasonings ones, particularly SleepyTime, Red Zinger -- that sort of thing.
*Snacks -- salty, or salty/sweet together. Nuts are good, or combo things with nuts as the base. We've recently discovered a line of such things "Sahale Snacks" -- not cheap, but verrrrry good. There are a few chips things that we like, but mostly not.
*No allgeries that I am aware of, for which I am very grateful!
*Not just anyone on the internet, but anyone who's participating in TCS SS has my trust.
*In general, chocolate chip; for the holidays, shortbread (and a few other things my Dad used to make *sigh*)
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?
*No allergies, but my least favourite things to find in baking are peanuts, walnuts and coconut
*Cooking is my therapy. To a lesser extent, I enjoy baking. I don't do a lot of it, and tend to confine myself to "seat-of-the-pants" baking -- pies, scones, fruit crumbles -- and not do things that require careful measuring. I'm mostly not a recipe cook, though I have been inspired by many recipes -- they definitely have a place, even if I use very few of them as is.
*Love them. I love to browse and drool and imagine. Occasionally a recipe will capture my interest sufficiently that I will actually use it as is, but mostly they are a resource and an inspiration. Unusual cookbooks, especially if they have a particular connection to a person or place, are great.

PERSONAL CARE
*Best to avoid this category entirely. I have quite sensitive skin, and therefore use few such products.

GENERAL

*Not a single colour, but anything at the intersection of blue/green/grey
*Most pinks and oranges -- there are a few exceptions, but it's safest to just stay away
*For clothing, any except flourescent lime or hot pink, or that sort of thing; for decorating, or if someone was thinking of getting me the Jag I covet
, earth tones.

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?
*Well, not knowing precisely where they're from, it's hard to be specific, but I'd love to have something that I wouldn't be able to get elsewhere.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?
*Don't wear scents, and prefer to avoid scented candles, since many of them are heavy smelling.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
*Over 60
*Certainly.
*House.
*My sweetie, my kitties, my friends, good food, good scotch, good music.
*Cat-themed gifts are fine.
*Can't think what that would be.
*My preference is to open a little before Christmas, while everyone is still around to share, but I don't like to open way early. I can get into the spirit of shopping early, but want to save the celebration for much closer to the day. Middle of December is about the earliest I'd go, I think. Now, if there are perishables, that shouldn't be left, by all means I'll open them, with pleasure!, but I hope doing so wouldn't give the rest of the surprise away.

DECORATING
*Rental Ivory throughout
*Style?
*Mostly solids, but patterns are OK, preferably not floral
*Chaos
Do you burn candles?
*Sometimes, but mostly beeswax -- that's about as scented as it gets.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?
*Either is fine
*Tree ornaments are probably not the best idea. It's a small tree, and I have the ornaments I want. Other kinds of decorations could be fun though -- I have a really neat crocheted snowman who visits every year

*The house is a hodgepodge, but the tree is mostly glass, clear or amber, with touches of white, pewter, and a few nostalgia items
*Sure. Colours as above.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
*Cooking
*I do, but mostly don't have time for them
Do you collect anything?
*Not really
Movies:
Music:
Books:

*Nope
*I don't do as much reading as I used to/would like to. Used books are fine.
*Mostly don't read magazines, unless something attracts my attention at a checkout
*Used to sew and knit, but haven't for eons, and don't really have time just now.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
*I do, but wear earrings only rarely because almost everything irritates them.
*Don't wear much jewellery -- occasionally, one or two gold chains, or a pin; occasionally, small gold hoop earrings
*XL (XXL for sweatshirts)
*Depends on the occasion -- I do wear all of those.
*Mostly solids, but patterns are OK if they're not too bold, and usually not floral
*Fine
*Depending on the shoe, 8-9 in North American sizes; I generally come in at 39 in European.

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
*Only cats: 2 resident - Cindy and Fawn
*They pretend not to be interested in toys, but I notice the honeysuckle socks are looking seriously the worse for wear, and move around the house a lot, despite their glaring lack of legs. Others move around the house in similar fashion. As for treats, Whiskas Temptations seem to please both of them. Pretty much everything else is subjected to the curiosity test, and then abandoned.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?
*None that I am aware of.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)
*They are not impressed by bubbles. They have a laser pointer and both enjoy it. Everything else, well, see above.
*They wear Tenth Life reflective safety collars. Cindy's is black, Fawn's is purple. There's always a spare in the drawer for each, complete with ID tag, in case someone loses one.
*They have a regular brush/comb, and also a ZoomGroom.
*They both like catnip and honeysuckle -- lots -- have not tried valerian.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

Ethnic (Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not picky!)
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not a big chocolate person but I think I like white best
All of the above, though I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t drink tea often...actually I don't drink any of them often
Flavored tea yes, but not like strawberry and stuff, ginger and natural flavors are what I prefer. Flavored coffee is fine, not fruity flavors though.
Sweet and salty!
Nope
Hmm…probably
I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a preference, but I like chewy cookies

Nope
Love to cook, donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t bake too often
Love cookbooks! None in particular I really want (Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve got tons) not that I don't want any..

PERSONAL CARE

Mild and clean scents (I know, real helpful)
Do you paint your nails? What tones?
No
Not really either but if I had to pick one it would be shower
Again, clean, mild, not too perfumey. I have one lotion thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Spun Sugar scented, Ooooh
Nope, I use bobby pins (or those cool giant bobby pins) and those claw clip things (cant even remember what theyre called)
Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use any

GENERAL

Dark blue
For wearing Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not big on pinks or yellows
I tend towards more muted but I do have some pastels
Ooh, anything local! And a coin! That would be cool. And a local cookbook (small and inexpensive)
Nope
Love ‘em
A big cold house
Hmm…reading, watching old movies…umm..food..
Cat themed works for me!
Nope
Umm, wait?

If my person tells me to wait Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll wait

DECORATING
My house is painted in historical colors, but itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s for sale. Green living room, red dining room, white kitchen, yellow entry, cream bedroom, maple hall.
I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really have a style. I like unusual stuff. And old cool stuff.
Usually solid
Nope
Do you burn candles?
No, I worry about somebody sticking a tail in the flame
I do put up Christmas decorations, I would prefer not to get anything particularly religious
Sure!
No, a little bit of everything
You bet, old house=cold house! Any colors really, darker is better though since it doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t show all the animal hair as much

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
Photography, cross stitch, reading, animals…
Gosh no, makes me feel way too stupid
Do you collect anything?
Old movies, neat unusual animal figures
Movies: Old! Audrey Hepburn, Fred and Ginger (have them all) really anything 30â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s-mid 50â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s usually
Music: rock and roll (Rolling Stones, Elton John, Elvis)
Books: fantasy (Patricia McKillip) classics (Dickens, Tolstoy, etc), comics (Foxtrot, Big Top)

MP3 player, but now that I think about it I havent seen it for a while
Not at all, I love books, even if theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re used!
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not really a fan of magazines
Cross stitch (though I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a lot of time for it). Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d like to do things like make wreaths and stuff but Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m just not very crafty

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Yes and no, though I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really wear earrings. I bought some small hoops in England when I was there in 2002 and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m still wearing them
Not big on jewelry
Medium tshirt, Small scrub top
Tshirts or scrubs, cool animal scrubs would be awesome (Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m good with used scrubs)
For tshirts I prefer something thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s solid with a picture or logo or saying, no prints. For scrubs I like animal prints…like pictures of dogs or cats, not spotted!
Hmm…doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really matter to me

PETS

7 cats
Ruby: new from the humane society. Older, a bit cranky, the only girl in the whole group. Likes Fancy Feast (chopped grill flavor) and sardines and thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s it! No treats or toys or anything.
Arthur, Chester, Nermal, Garfield, Kinky and Munchkin all like all sorts of treats, toys and are generally easy to please.
Jimmy is my Great Dane (145lbs!) whoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a big baby and loves treats and stuffed animals
Sweetgrass is my Husky/Malamute whoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not really in to toys at all, she prefers food

Nope
Nope
Yes, they all have breakaway collars, but donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t buy me those because I can get them at the clinic (where I work) at cost.
I use one of those zoom grooms on my dog, and a furminator and undercoat rake on my cats
No catnip please, at least not in large doses, a little mouse or something with a littlecatnip inside is fine but otherwise they get mean and tend to pee inappropriately. Never heard of honeysuckle for a cat. No valerian please.