Baby Names.....thus far

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I only have 9 names on this list so far...
I thought I'd share and see what you all think!

We are having a girl and I want her to have a name that is unique, but not too unique. (But then there are some more common ones I like a lot too.) And I want it to have a good meaning.
  • Tressa - Greek, harvester
  • Janaya - American, form of Jane, God is Gracious
  • Ella - English, Beautiful Fairy Woman
  • Naomi - Hebrew, Sweet, pleasant
  • Clara, Greek, Bright, Clear
  • Juliana, Latin -downy-haired, youthful (I have a niece Julia, so this might be too similar)
  • Emma, German - Universal (again, i have a nice Emily so this might be too close, and too popular right now)
  • Sophia, Greek, Wisdom
  • Hattie, German - Home Ruler (do not like the meaning!)
So far my favorite is Tressa. I also like Janaya a lot. I had been pretty set on naming a future daughter Hattie Janaya since both are forms of my grandmother's names. I'm especially close to my grandma Hattie (Harriet) and she's not in good health these days. But her name fits her to a T and thought I love her dearly, I don't think I can handle another one of her!!

I seem to go for names ending in "a." I think I'll work on a middle name once we get settled on a first name...
Everywhere I go people want to know if we've picked a name. But it's hard work!

So any thoughts? Suggestions?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Hattie is too old fashioned, you could go with Hallie...

I've always liked Margaret. My gmas name...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the name Hattie, it's actually on my list of kitten names

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have already decided on a girls name

Its going to be

Sophia Catherine Jayde MC...

sophia because we love the name, catherine as its my mothers name and we have to keep the tradition of the J middle name ìn his family!

The only thing we gotta do now is have a baby girl!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is Naomi followed by Sophia and Emma.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

we have already decided on a girls name

Its going to be

Sophia Catherine Jayde MC...

sophia because we love the name, catherine as its my mothers name and we have to keep the tradition of the J middle name ìn his family!

The only thing we gotta do now is have a baby girl!
You sound like me! Except me and my guy can't agree on any names! I'm not even pregnant! It's good to be prepared, right?!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

well... if he had my wage and was working full time, i would get pregnant right away!

poor hubby works nearly full time and i make more money than him by working two days a week!

i said to him though, as soon as i get full time there, he can have the paternaty leave

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like your list of names. My friend Breanna is pregnant and I have unofficially named her baby Boomer..LOL..Mostly because the "father" stepped out when she told him she was preggers so I told her I would be the babies daddy even thought I lack the male parts...I felt so bad for her knowing how hard it is to raise a baby with no help from the father so I decided to step in.. LOL....So my "babies" name is Boomer..haha Poor Breanna her kid is going to think shes crazy!!!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like Emma and also Sophia. congrats on the lttle girl, we arent going to find out what wre having but we do have names. if its a boy Michael James and a girl Lorelei Eden. guess we have to wait til february. good luck to you I'm sure you'll find a name you love.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE the name Ella. I could never name my daughter that because my last name will be Elliott. She would sound like she's stuttering
I also like Sophia.

We have our boy names picked out-a few years away- but no girls names. I do LOVE the name Leah Grace. We can't agree on girl's names.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good names, but I am partial to Italian names, as you may know
I Love Sophia of course, Ella is pretty too
On my list of kitty names is Raphaela, and Palmina ... they end in an A

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Ella, Sophia and Clara

I ended up keeping the names that we chose (because we weren't sure of the sex of the baby) secret until the day she was born. I found that too many people were giving us their opinion

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I ended up keeping the names that we chose (because we weren't sure of the sex of the baby) secret until the day she was born. I found that too many people were giving us their opinion
That's what my sister did too for the same reason. Everyone has an opinion on names! I found it quite irritating, but hey what can you do?

I would avoid giving names that are too similar to your nieces or friend's babies. It gets confusing, plus some people actually get offended like they have exclusive rights to the name.
It would be nice for your daughter to have a fairly uncommon name too.
I like Clara and Hattie. The more old fashioned names seem to be coming back into fashion these days anyway.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're going for unique, skip Emma, although I love the name. It was the number one most popular name last year for girls.