TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Motivational Quote of The Day: Sept 25 Stand up and shout
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motivational Quote of The Day: Sept 25 Stand up and shout

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
“There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:
This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.
When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.â€

Stacey Charter
post #2 of 9
My brother feels that way about himself. Only problem is, he's a complete a$$ and thinks he's A-OK. Nobody, including family, can stand to spend more than 1/2 hour with him at any one time.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
My brother feels that way about himself. Only problem is, he's a complete a$$ and thinks he's A-OK. Nobody, including family, can stand to spend more than 1/2 hour with him at any one time.
Sounds a bit like my father, though his self esteem isn't that high.


The first post reminds me of the lyrics to many Pain songs. Being metal they're a little angsty but the underlying message is let me be me.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
I'm sure we all have people in our lives that are far from perfect, but ya know, if they have great self esteem then I'm glad they are being true to themselves... I think that you'll find tho, the ones who are a$$es, truly do not have great self esteem.

What I take from the above quote is to love yourself, be true to yourself, and don't let others push you into being something you are not. Just because your way does not conform to that of someone elses, does not make you wrong.

That is what I chose to take from the quote I posted.... as with everything, it is open to a readers interpretation.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
I'm sure we all have people in our lives that are far from perfect, but ya know, if they have great self esteem then I'm glad they are being true to themselves... I think that you'll find tho, the ones who are a$$es, truly do not have great self esteem.

What I take from the above quote is to love yourself, be true to yourself, and don't let others push you into being something you are not. Just because your way does not conform to that of someone elses, does not make you wrong.

That is what I chose to take from the quote I posted.... as with everything, it is open to a readers interpretation.
Honestly, I've never met anyone with more self esteem than by brother. He really does believe that his way is the right way and everyone else really is stupid and wrong. In fact, he pretty much always talks to everyone like they don't have much of a brain and he needs to educate them.

I do hear what you are saying and I agree such as when schools try to fit a square child into a round peg because the rest of the class fit into round pegs. I think it is important to love ourselves, be true to ourselves and not let others push us to conform, but on the other hand, there are times when we do need to listen to others and make changes in ourselves and our values in order to evolve and grow to become better persons IMO. None of us are always right or always wrong. There is always room for improvement but that can't happen if we believe we are already perfect just the way we are.
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
There is always room for improvement but that can't happen if we believe we are already perfect just the way we are.
I truly believe that.

The quote did not say anything about being perfect though.... it was about loving both the good qualities and bad qualities that makes you, you.

If your brother talks down to people all the time, I can't help but wonder if he does have some issues within himself. Usually people who do so, do it to make themselves feel better.... (the good ol' I'm right, no matter what you say, I'm still right, even if really I'm wrong syndrome) I could be wrong though, of course, I do not know him like you do.

I have met some people with the above syndrome, and feel sorry for them. It must be emotionally difficult to be so high up on the pedestal alone.

anyways, I'm digressing from the original post.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Honestly, I've never met anyone with more self esteem than by brother. He really does believe that his way is the right way and everyone else really is stupid and wrong. In fact, he pretty much always talks to everyone like they don't have much of a brain and he needs to educate them.
If he's one of the types that have a lot of odd rules and is very strict with himself and others, look up OCPD.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
If he's one of the types that have a lot of odd rules and is very strict with himself and others, look up OCPD.
Nah, not OCPD - just an a$$ - always has been, probably always will be.

My hubby is one of the nicest, easy to get along with and tolerant guys you would ever meet (everybody says so) and he cannot tolerate my brother at all, doesn't want him at our house if at all possible. Our daughter cannot stand to spend time with him.
post #9 of 9
I really enjoyed reading that!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Motivational Quote of The Day: Sept 25 Stand up and shout